ECT Putting Jesus on trial.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Starting this second thread, when the community didn't do so well on "pisteuo" probably isn't a good idea. But i want to shine some light from a different prospective on the "believing" that so many find hard to let go of.

I've shown that believe, believing, and believer are mistranslations for the Greek word "pisteuo used 248 times in the NT, thats a fact!

So lets look at another popular false understanding, concerning everyones favorite Scripture, Romans 10:17.

Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing from the Word of God."

On the surface, and even to well trained theologians, Rom. 10:17 is cut and dry. God gives us the hearing to understand Scripture, and as a result, we recieve "faith".

There's one really big problem with this understanding.

The word "hearing" is "akoe" in the Greek texts. And "akoe" Has all the surface definitions that one would expect. But as for Rom. 10:17, the word "hearing" is associated with the fact that a "desicion is being made". And the strongs goes onto say "compare a courtroom hearing".

Well that should get your attention, because i don't know about you, but if my understanding includes putting Jesus on the stand with me as His jury, thats a big problem!

Who's on trial here? It's surely not Jesus, His work is finished. And who are we to put Him up on the stand to decide whether or not He's worthy of our surrender.

No! We are the ones on trial! And i can show how I think Rom. 10:17 should read as per the Greek definition. I'm going to add one letter, and it will bring Rom. 10:17 into the correct understanding.

Wrong understanding: Puts God on trial.
Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing from the Word of God."

Right understanding: puts us (or our faithing) on trial.
Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith comes by "A" hearing, and "A" hearing from the Word of God."

All i've done is add the letter "A" in front of the word "hearing", and it takes Jesus off the courtroom stand, and puts our faithing (or surrendering) there in place of it. This also brings the word "hearing" or "akoe" to its correct usage, unperverting Gods Word.

In conclusion: Faith comes by "A" hearing, a courtroom hearing! And "A" courtroom hearing "BY" the Word of God, JESUS OUR CHRIST.

Oh, i almost forgot. Being in a constant state of "believing" is the same as putting Christ on trial. If continually in a state of believing, "We" are making the decision that Jesus is worthy of our Belief". Which is putting Him on trial, and is a false understanding.
Oh goodie, another Bible corrector! :rolleyes: :blabla:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh, i almost forgot. Being in a constant state of "believing" is the same as putting Christ on trial. If continually in a state of believing, "We" are making the decision that Jesus is worthy of our Belief". Which is putting Him on trial, and is a false understanding.
What do you propose instead of continuous constant belief ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind x 3
don't know what i'm talking about
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
have cart before the horse
third grader
fools view
fool x8
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic x4
Prideful x 5
twister of scripture
incompetent

This is what you have to offer danoh! I just want everyone here to see what you really are. You and i already know.
That's too short of a list.

genuineoriginal

The Greek word ἀκοή akoē is used to translate the Hebrew word שָׁמַע shama`, as shown by these two verses:

Matthew 13:14
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing G189 ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:​

Isaiah 6:9
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.​

The word שָׁמַע shama` means to "hear and obey" or "hear and pay attention".

Any attempt to make ἀκοή akoē mean "put someone on trial" is a pure lie
Greek being the most perfect language doesn't translate from possibly the worst language on the planet "hebrew".
Greek is far from being perfect.
Hebrew is the language that God called a "pure tongue".

The majority of scripture was written in Hebrew, and all the writers of the Greek New Testament were native Hebrew and Aramaic speakers, with Greek as a second language.

Because of this, you will always be wrong if you base your doctrine on minor variations of the definitions of the New Testament Greek words when those variations do not match up with the definitions of the Hebrew words from the Old Testament that have been translated to Greek in the Septuagint.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It's not surprising that a lot of our understandings don't line up with the original Greek texts, things change over time.

Thats why we don't need to discover any new truths, we need to rediscover the old truths.

And when that rediscovery comes, don't seek to kill and destroy it, take an honest look at it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faithers OP;

Starting this second thread, when the community didn't do so well on "pisteuo" probably isn't a good idea. But i want to shine some light from a different prospective on the "believing" that so many find hard to let go of.

I've shown that believe, believing, and believer are mistranslations for the Greek word "pisteuo used 248 times in the NT, thats a fact!

So lets look at another popular false understanding, concerning everyones favorite Scripture, Romans 10:17.

On the surface, and even to well trained theologians, Rom. 10:17 is cut and dry. God gives us the hearing to understand Scripture, and as a result, we recieve "faith".

There's one really big problem with this understanding.

The word "hearing" is "akoe" in the Greek texts. And "akoe" Has all the surface definitions that one would expect. But as for Rom. 10:17, the word "hearing" is associated with the fact that a "desicion is being made". And the strongs goes onto say "compare a courtroom hearing".

Well that should get your attention, because i don't know about you, but if my understanding includes putting Jesus on the stand with me as His jury, thats a big problem!

Who's on trial here? It's surely not Jesus, His work is finished. And who are we to put Him up on the stand to decide whether or not He's worthy of our surrender.

No! We are the ones on trial! And i can show how I think Rom. 10:17 should read as per the Greek definition. I'm going to add one letter, and it will bring Rom. 10:17 into the correct understanding.

Wrong understanding: Puts God on trial.

Right understanding: puts us (or our faithing) on trial.
Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith comes by "A" hearing, and "A" hearing from the Word of God."

All i've done is add the letter "A" in front of the word "hearing", and it takes Jesus off the courtroom stand, and puts our faithing (or surrendering) there in place of it. This also brings the word "hearing" or "akoe" to its correct usage, unperverting Gods Word.

In conclusion: Faith comes by "A" hearing, a courtroom hearing! And "A" courtroom hearing "BY" the Word of God, JESUS OUR CHRIST.

Bumped for those who want to have honest discussion.