Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If God didn't know the end of time from the beginning, then what He made wouldn't be good or even complete, it would just be a guess. He knows of a certainty everything that will EVER happen, since He is God. God knows who will pass and who will fail every test. The test isn't so that He can find out, it's so He can prove those who are His. It's so they appreciate Him.

Circular reasoning...

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Because He's God; He is sovereign; if He doesn't want to know He doesn't have to.

God is sovereign and does limit His foreknowledge by creating free moral agents. He cannot be ignorant of certain objects of knowledge in the universe. In your view, I can read the paper and know things that God does not? How you do not see this as compromising omniscience is beyond me. If you said that God could limit His power without compromising omnipotence, I would agree.

Open Theists rightly affirm God's perfect, exhaustive past/present knowledge, but limitations on future free will contingencies (yet still knows some of the future). Your unique view (perhaps Enyart influenced) is simply wrong.

Lon

If by "read between the lines" you mean reading the very words written and believing what they say then I have to admit...I am guilty.
▲ Case in point...▲
I was addressing a typical OV problem and you fit the description rather well, unfortunately: "Deductive" was explained clearly, yet you took what you wanted rather than the explicit.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God is sovereign and does limit His foreknowledge by creating free moral agents. He cannot be ignorant of certain objects of knowledge in the universe. In your view, I can read the paper and know things that God does not? How you do not see this as compromising omniscience is beyond me. If you said that God could limit His power without compromising omnipotence, I would agree.
The Bible is very clear, and the most blatant example is Sodom and Gomorrah, and what He said regarding His reason for going there; God can be ignorant of presently knowable things if He does not choose to know them.

Open Theists rightly affirm God's perfect, exhaustive past/present knowledge, but limitations on future free will contingencies (yet still knows some of the future). Your unique view (perhaps Enyart influenced) is simply wrong.
It is influenced by the Scriptures referenced above.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Before creation, there was no heaven or earth. There was only God.
Not an answer. Neither Heaven nor Earth are time.

The Bible, maybe? Or you don't read well.
I was at the top of my class for reading from preschool on. I tested at an eleventh grade level when I was in second grade; for reading and comprehension.

So, go ahead and tell me what part of the story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac I misread...

sonictap01.gif

tudorturtl

knight: quote
Here is a biblical PROOF that GOD IS IN TIME and experiences change in sequence:

In the "eternal state" before the foundation of the world God the Son was not also the SON OF MAN; then He "became" flesh as "the Son of Man" and so the Son remains eternally "the Man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5).
Many theologians reject this proof that God is in time. Why? They claim that their historical-grammatical hermeneutic, that is, their primary method of interpretation, proves that God is not in time. So let's look at the relationship of God and time.

When Reading in "the Greek" about God and Time, We See that God is:

- timeless,
- in an eternal now,
- not was nor will be but is, and
- has no past
- has no future.

the bible quotes God as saying he is Alpha and Omega, beginning and ending, the first and the last. In this I can only see that time begins and ends with him.
it must be rather like an extension of him, or a sort of bubble, Which started at Genesis 1:1 the beginning of time. he created, he said "let there be light" or maybe more truly translated "light exist" and the Evening and the morning were the first day. God must exist beyond time for he caused time to generate.
cause and effect.
with time, when God spoke, was the real "immaculate conception" The Christ
The word of God, which was in the beginning with God, came directly from God, and yes carries with it the full weight of God. "born" of God and fulfilling the will of God in the manner of the "son of God".
If I glorify the word of God, then I glorify God. therefore it is truth when Jesus says "before Abraham was, I am." the word was given to Moses and to the prophets, to deliver to the people and thus becoming "the son of man"
the manna from heaven, that our souls must eat to live. but I digress.....
to get back on topic, time is the creation of God and he is at both ends of it, so he is able therefore to tell things before they happen. predestination has a truth in it, from Gods point of view, because he is the end.
but from our point of view, because we know not and are there not as yet, we have HOPE, and faith in the word of God in his promises. knowing that God does not lie, that through repentance and returning to obedience to the word of God, that if we overcome, he will give us a crown of life.

Last edited:

tudorturtl

The Bible is very clear, and the most blatant example is Sodom and Gomorrah, and what He said regarding His reason for going there; God can be ignorant of presently knowable things if He does not choose to know them.

It is influenced by the Scriptures referenced above.

Not an answer. Neither Heaven nor Earth are time.

I was at the top of my class for reading from preschool on. I tested at an eleventh grade level when I was in second grade; for reading and comprehension.

So, go ahead and tell me what part of the story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac I misread...

sonictap01.gif

No. Neither heaven nor earth are time, but it also says thye evening and the morning were the first day, a day marks time. it was the first!

sky.

BANNED
Banned

sonictap01.gif

Not sure what part you missed in the totality of the teachings of the Bible. I guess you could be a fine "reader" but not gifted with understanding.

Aimiel

It's a matter of reading and seeing what you want, versus reading as we're instructed to:

Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Shasta

Then you won't mind backing up your claims with Scripture...

I wasn't at peace with the settled view when I reached an age of self reliance for my own critical thinking. It made no sense regarding the other things I knew of God, from Scripture. And I did not see any support of a completely settled view in the Bible. It was not until I was introduced to the idea that if I could not find it in His word and what I did read was contradictory to it that it was then untrue, that I found peace of mind regarding the issue.

Hey Lighthouse, is that a pic of you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No. Neither heaven nor earth are time, but it also says thye evening and the morning were the first day, a day marks time. it was the first!
Measurements of time are also not time.

Not sure what part you missed in the totality of the teachings of the Bible. I guess you could be a fine "reader" but not gifted with understanding.
Do you not know the meaning of the word "comprehension"?

And that fact that you can't point to a single verse that contradicts my argument; a verse I supposedly missed; just tells me, and everyone else reading this, that you're nothing more than a fool running his mouth and saying absolutely nothing.

It's a matter of reading and seeing what you want, versus reading as we're instructed to:

Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
ironymeter300x232.jpg

Hey Lighthouse, is that a pic of you?
Where?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
No, it's Gary, from the new TV series: Alphas.

That explains dimhouse's ability to read in the real world. Biblical context doesn't go along side the "imagination".

Comic Book readers do not have anything on Biblical context. Read away dimhouse.

:mock:
alphas-tv-show-image-3.jpg

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That explains dimhouse's ability to read in the real world. Biblical context doesn't go along side the "imagination".

Comic Book readers do not have anything on Biblical context. Read away dimhouse.

:mock:
alphas-tv-show-image-3.jpg
You're a moron.

Shasta

The inspired NT also uses a small Greek word for GOD (theos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

The ding dongs who believe in this damnable belief of "open theism" will not respond to the Truth of Scripture because they don't know it.

They are waiting for godrulz to show up and give them another mouthful of "godrulz" small "g".
The inspired NT also uses a small Greek word for GOD (theos).
I do not use terms like "ding dong to demean someone who disagrees with me

Shasta

I give biblical support for endless time vs timelessness. Your timelessness view is explicitly Platonic philosophy, not biblical truth. Godly philosophy is needed in some areas (free will vs determinism debate, nature of time, etc.) since Scripture does not resolve these issues. Mature Christian thinkers give supremacy to Scripture, but also recognize the need for sound logic, godly philosophy, etc. You wrongly assume all philosophy is false or pagan (nope).

Plato's concept of a timeless "GOD" (defined as the timelessness impersonal principle of reason) was no more related to Christianity than was Heraclitus' view of the same thing as a force operating from WITHIN the flux of time. Both Plato and Heraclitus had a deleterious effect on the faith. One leads to Gnosticism the other to Stoicism. They were Gemini twins yet you presume to discredit traditional Arminean position about the relationship between time and God's foreknowledge by killing Castor while Pollux is stabbing you in the back.

Shasta

How long did God exist before He created time?

"Long" is a word corresponding to duration which is part of your definition. In applying the term to pre-creation you have smuggled your definition of time into the discussion and foisted it on someone who has already said that they do not believe it applies to God. Since you seem to believe in pre -creation "time then it is up to you to answer how long God existed before He made the universe. Of course it is a ridiculous question but it is one your views lead to. Consider Zeno's paradox. The fact that it is impossible to impose any single moment on an infinite time stream is something you must answer. "

The often repeated remark here that God did not 'create" time is misrepresentation of what many of us believe. Time"is was not in and of itself a created "thing" any more than is motion and velocity yet they all exist and each is necessary "part" of the other. on the other. If time is to be conceived of as a series of successive changes then motion and velocity represent the duration of those changes. It would be impossible for a universe to exist without both. As a whole they apply to all created beings

Status
Not open for further replies.