Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm beginning to think seminary shouldn't be allowed to graduate theologians until they successfully complete at least Geometry and possibly pre-Calculus.
Yikes! Seminaries, and theologians :shocked: those are often the reason why folks are so messed up with their relationship with God.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
As one who taught algebra, yes it is absurd. You cannot have an eternal non-beginning that isn't, at the very least, bi-directional/durational.

The masters mathematician I talked to had no problem with infinite postive/negate numbers, no beginning, no end. Endless duration is not illogical, but timelessness is.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Please don't thwart people's attempts to participate on this thread. Not every thread needs to turn into a anti-godrulz thread. Just because you two don't agree one issue doesn't mean you wont have agreement on another issue.
You're talking to the wrong person. Again.

I'll just back-out of this thread so your pet poster (who hates our Jesus) can add more crap to your website. :wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'll just back-out of this thread so your pet poster (who hates our Jesus) can add more crap to your website. :wave2:
This place is filled with posters who hate Jesus. Are you saying you can't be in a thread with them and either ignore them or agree on points unrelated to that?

Okay. You gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose. :idunno:

Lon

Are there an infinite number of points on a segment?
Potentially, yes (fractions and fractions of fractions), or you can just measure it and forgoe it's minutia. A segment is finite but with infinite properties related to it. However, the segment is still finite.

Lon

A Christian would never "convert" to Calvinism. It's impossible to be a Calvinist and a Christian. Impossible. This is not an opinion. If you think it is possible, then you have no idea what a Christian is. (Of course, that fact has been well established in your 55,000+ posts).
Actually, it is nothing but opinion and a rather ignorant expression at that.

Many cults believe that Jesus is God. believing that Jesus is God does not make you a Christian. Believing and teaching that Jesus is not God is evidence that someone is not a believer. You are far too ignorant of the Bible to understand this. It is beyond your limited view of God, who He is, and what He has done.
Probably agree here, just not understanding the necessity of the context.
Anyone who believes that salvation can be lost, returned, forfeited, or removed does not know or believe in the God of the Bible. If it is YOUR testimony that someone was once saved and is no longer, it is evidence that you are not saved.
Again, opinion. You can wrongly think things and be save else salvation is dependent on one's intellect. If such is true, none of us, you included, are salvable. My salvation depends on Christ entirely, whether I'm mistaken about something related to it or not. Is it your belief that you are 100% correct in all your theology? If so, then you are literally the only one saved. Paul confronted Peter about a wrong practice and belief. Why correct us if we aren't believers? I'm just trying to get you to take your belief to its logical conclusion here. One is not 'saved' upon the premise that he/she is or isn't a Calvinist or Arminian.
Would someone else like to point out to this godless, demon possessed, donkey's butt, that he should read the thread he is posting in before he makes another stupid comment about what I've said in it?
And saying such, though wrong, doesn't 'negate' your salvation. You can be wrong about a couple more things than you generally allow of others, and yet be salvable by Christ. I think He's a LOT better at saving people than you are giving Him credit for. You've got people going to hell for every little thing. First, God is about forgiveness, even when we are wrong. Second, I certainly hope that I don't have to have all of my theological ducks in a row to be saved. Yes, I have to be at the right station, but once I'm there, I'd hope that my ticket would prevent me from getting on the wrong train, but that depends on those checking tickets who are in the business of getting me where I'm supposed to be, right?

Lon

Yikes! Seminaries, and theologians :shocked: those are often the reason why folks are so messed up with their relationship with God.
Well, note the emphasis on 'beginning to think' but yes. I think a good dose of Geometry would help in threads like this at times. It is sad when people make statements that are so starkly opposed to those of us who have had these classes. Math isn't quite the 'debatable' point some seem to think it is: It's not 'relative' truth.

BUT "math messes up one's relationship with God?" I'm really working on how that particular came into conversation here, Knight. I absolutely need you input on figuring that one out.

Lon

The masters mathematician I talked to had no problem with infinite postive/negate numbers, no beginning, no end. Endless duration is not illogical, but timelessness is.
Just to be sure we are on the same page, I'm not altogether on page with an unqualified 'timeless' stance, but rather see it is as "time and."
Your mathematician can only agree that the line goes into two directions such that time is a bi-directional/bi-durational consideration at the very least. Float that by him. I absolutely cannot fathom that he would disagree if he is worth his salt. No mathematician I know of will disagree because they actually can't. Rather, it is my estimation that you aren't understanding what he is saying (else I'd fire him from my college). He cannot assert what you are interpretting him to be asserting. It is horribly wrong math.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why do we think we have to lock TIME into a form of measurement?
If one considers eternity ... well, that's an example of TIME without measure.

Correct. Confusing the created measures of time (clocks, etc.) with time itself as a concept of duration is a mistake. Whether or how time is measured does not change the fact that it marches on. The sun, moon, stars can mark time, but time itself predates these things (time is not a created 'thing').

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Blah, blah, blah

blah, blah

blah, blah, blah

blah, blah

Blah, blah

Get back to me when you figure out what makes God, God.

You really should not be discussing things you know little about. Blah is not a refutation of solid content. You have Ostrich Syndrome.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
A Christian would never "convert" to Calvinism. It's impossible to be a Calvinist and a Christian. Impossible. This is not an opinion. If you think it is possible, then you have no idea what a Christian is. (Of course, that fact has been well established in your 55,000+ posts).

Many cults believe that Jesus is God. believing that Jesus is God does not make you a Christian. Believing and teaching that Jesus is not God is evidence that someone is not a believer. You are far too ignorant of the Bible to understand this. It is beyond your limited view of God, who He is, and what He has done.

Anyone who believes that salvation can be lost, returned, forfeited, or removed does not know or believe in the God of the Bible. If it is YOUR testimony that someone was once saved and is no longer, it is evidence that you are not saved.

Would someone else like to point out to this godless, demon possessed, donkey's butt, that he should read the thread he is posting in before he makes another stupid comment about what I've said in it?

You confuse pseudo-Christian cults (Unitarian, JW, etc.) who deny the essentials of the faith (Deity of Christ, trinity, etc.) with Christian denominations who affirm the essentials of the faith. You come up with your own personal definition of cult or personal labelling of those who disagree with your peripheral ideas and blur the distinction between true/false, essential/peripheral.

A Reformed believer affirms much or most of what you do (especially the Deity/resurrection of Christ denied by false religion and cults), yet have a different understanding of non-salvific issues like predestination, free will, sovereignty.

There was a time you would probably say Open Theism was a cult like Calvinism and evidence of compromise and being unsaved. Now you are quietly adopting aspects of it and would no longer say it without condemning your evolving self.

You make gnosticism (affirmation of all your pet errors) a condition of salvation instead of faith in Christ.

Your credibility and integrity is in the tank.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Please don't thwart people's attempts to participate on this thread. Not every thread needs to turn into a anti-godrulz thread. Just because you two don't agree one issue doesn't mean you wont have agreement on another issue.

We agree on the time/eternity issue and many other more important issues.

Bruce Ware is a moderate Calvinist who also agrees with our view on eternity, yet totally opposes Open Theism. Salvation simply does not rise or fall on theological infallibility on peripheral issues.

Ware needs to follow this understanding to its logical conclusions (would end up Open Theist vs Calvinist). Whether he does or not does not affect his love for Jesus or personal salvation.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your credibility and integrity is in the tank.
Dude... are you trying to make things worse?

You and ghost need to just ignore each other. Seriously, what's the point anymore? Your behavior towards one another has severely marginalized your ability to contribute to the forum.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Don't be a baby. We are agreeing on this eternity issue.

Knight does not coddle me nor agree with me, but he has more wisdom and maturity than some, without compromise.

I love Jesus who is YHWH in the flesh. He is God, part of the triune God. He rose from the dead, was born of a virgin, etc.

Not agreeing with your pet peripheral views is not tantamount to hating your Jesus (who is identical in every way to my Jesus except on our understanding of impeccability of Christ, an ongoing doctrinal debate in Christian academic circles).

I reach out to Muslims, JWs, Mormons, etc. They truly have a different Jesus. You have no Christological understanding if you think our common view of Jesus is in the same boat as false religions/cults.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Translation: "I don't know how to think for myself." :nono:

If I was not thinking for myself, I would go with the flow on the majority traditional view that is not truth. I can defend my beliefs and understand opposing beliefs. Most others (not you) just uncritically accept the one version parroted by others with no awareness of the problems with their view or strengths of other views.

Status
Not open for further replies.