POTUS threatens "end of NK as we know it" if they push the nuke thing too far

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
With North Korea's Guam threat, they're basically saying they're going to fire off four warning shots towards Guam. Is that a clear enough and present enough danger, this threat, to justify retaliation? That's a tough question to answer.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have no problem with Trump's wording of Fire and Fury, we've been trying to say things diplomatically for decades. Clinton, Bush and Obama tried talking sweet and nice while N. Korea flipped us off. Presidents have talked tough throughout our history. The liberal Snowflakes understand nothing of this world.

Danoh

I have no problem with Trump's wording of Fire and Fury, we've been trying to say things diplomatically for decades. Clinton, Bush and Obama tried talking sweet and nice while N. Korea flipped us off. Presidents have talked tough throughout our history. The liberal Snowflakes understand nothing of this world.

As usual; you are comparing apples (past Presidents) to apples basicaly rotted to their core (that obviously unhinged fool presently in the White House).

But, I'm posting this of you, not to you.

You're simply to enamoured with your false idol: Trumpnoccio, to be reasoned with.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
While Mr. Trump’s warning that North Korea, if it kept threatening the United States, would “be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen” clearly reflected growing American frustration over the North’s advances, analysts said it was not clear that he had fully considered the implications of such strong language.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/w...-and-fury.html

The real damage came after North Korea cooly called Trump's bluff and threatened a nuclear strike on Guam. Trump was in a fix; he could either make good on the threat and start a war, or he could just sit there and look foolish.

He chose the latter.

Really? Guess you aren't paying attention....or you only watch CNN. One of the two.

Notice that I didn't cite CNN. But even the WH admitted the facts. They could hardly deny them, since Trump did it publicly, and the North Koreans called his bluff publicly.

glorydaz

Do you know what light water is? It is simply water. Everyday water.

Clinton 'offered' a deal with light water rectors as a way to prevent NK extracting plutonium and uranium from it's preexisting three reactors (they're harder to extract material from and would be under supervision). These preexisting reactors were of Magnox design that are optimised to produce plutonium.

Bush, when he became president, was too distracted by Iraq (that went well) and he ignored the pleas of his Secretary of State to continue with the programme and cancelled it. This allowed NK to continue producing Pu and U without the agreed supervision of its reactors.

I know subtlety isn't your thing, but the origins of NK's nukes are more nuanced than you seem to understand.

I guess that's why I put it in quotes. Was that not "subtle" enough for you?

glorydaz

Barbarian observes:
While Mr. Trump’s warning that North Korea, if it kept threatening the United States, would “be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen” clearly reflected growing American frustration over the North’s advances, analysts said it was not clear that he had fully considered the implications of such strong language.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/w...-and-fury.html

The real damage came after North Korea cooly called Trump's bluff and threatened a nuclear strike on Guam. Trump was in a fix; he could either make good on the threat and start a war, or he could just sit there and look foolish.

He chose the latter.

Notice that I didn't cite CNN. But even the WH admitted the facts. They could hardly deny them, since Trump did it publicly, and the North Koreans called his bluff publicly.

Notice it's only been...what?.....a day or two? Which was my point.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
With North Korea's Guam threat, they're basically saying they're going to fire off four warning shots towards Guam. Is that a clear enough and present enough danger, this threat, to justify retaliation? That's a tough question to answer.
Nuke 'em

ClimateSanity

Fat Man doesn't refer to a person's size …
0376dd84e08af704c3b24b94d7010ce3.jpg