Poll: when is violence justified?

• NEVER, not even by police or military

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I trust government to take care of these matters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthur Brain

TOL's leftists won't touch this poll with a 10 foot pole.

(AB, different words that sound the same are called homophones; specifically in this case, heterographs because of different spellings)

(ACW, that does not mean they're bisexual)

Eh, don't flatter yourself doofus, it's so unbecoming. Your threads simply don't pique enough interest is all and the chances are I know more about the English language than you do.

But to answer, personal violence is justified in self defense or in defense of another AFAIC.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Eh, don't flatter yourself doofus, it's so unbecoming. Your threads simply don't pique enough interest is all and the chances are I know more about the English language than you do.

But to answer, personal violence is justified in self defense or in defense of another AFAIC.

Which includes self defense against law enforcement officers.

Common law, one of the things carried over from British law and upheld by the U.S. Supreme court.

musterion

Eh, don't flatter yourself doofus, it's so unbecoming. Your threads simply don't pique enough interest is all

No, that's not it.

and the chances are I know more about the English language than you do.

Doesn't appear so.

Helps if you're armed though, right?

Arthur Brain

No, that's not it.

It is from here dude. Your threads simply aren't that interesting in the main. Not sure why you think you've hit on something that "leftists" daren't touch either.

:AMR:

Doesn't appear so.

If you wanna get all "grammar police", then it's "It doesn't appear so". Was quite impressed that you knew what a homophone was though, to be fair.

Helps if you're armed though, right?

Not necessarily.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
With sufficient reason and that being upheld in court, then sure.

With sufficient reason yes.

Counting on today's courts, it doesn't really happen.

The judges I've seen don't have enough sense to recognize when a case violates an individual's rights that have already been defined in the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme court.

randomvim

Answer freely. I tried to cover the widest possible range of answers.
Violence in itself has a place in society. when a doctor cuts flesh to perform an operation, that is violence. sports poccess controlled violence, which rules dictate how much is acceptable. protection of property and person may involve violent acts. However, acts that violate a person or compromises stability is unexceptable.

note I said " that" instead of "to" as intent is not always an efficient sign as to what violence is. Accidents may occur to create violent incidences which we do not wish to occur, but our control of said incidences is limited. where as acts desplayed by humans may be controlled by that human.

Violence that we have seen lately at political displays are never acceptable. they destroy stability in the community and aim to only violate another person.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Violence in itself has a place in society. when a doctor cuts flesh to perform an operation, that is violence. sports poccess controlled violence, which rules dictate how much is acceptable. protection of property and person may involve violent acts. However, acts that violate a person or compromises stability is unexceptable.

note I said " that" instead of "to" as intent is not always an efficient sign as to what violence is. Accidents may occur to create violent incidences which we do not wish to occur, but our control of said incidences is limited. where as acts desplayed by humans may be controlled by that human.

Violence that we have seen lately at political displays are never acceptable. they destroy stability in the community and aim to only violate another person.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
I agree with a lot of that.

And it was downright stupid of a city to grant a permit to opposing sides at the same time and at the same location.