• NEVER, not even by police or military

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I trust government to take care of these matters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Truster

Answer freely.

Prior to my conversion I was a violent man. Violent in spirit and in deed. I am guilty of murder in the 1st degree in the imagination of my mind. I have a criminal record for violence. My violence has been dealt with in regeneration and in sanctification.

"Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new".​

Of the violent man I can say, there but for grace go I.

musterion

Prior to my conversion I was a violent man. Violent in spirit and in deed. I am guilty of murder in the 1st degree in the imagination of my mind. I have a criminal record for violence. My violence has been dealt with in regeneration and in sanctification.

"Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new".​

Of the violent man I can say, there but for grace go I.

Should I add another poll option to cover your view?

Truster

Should I add another poll option to cover your view?

You could add a scripture:

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith Yah Veh".

To which I would say, amen.

musterion

The police and the military are not converted. Your OP included the term "personal" and then you gave impersonal options. I answered the OP as a redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinner.

Your position is covered by option 1 anyway, even if you are not an absolute pacifist.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Your option 1 does not cover my duty.

You a boy scout? :crackup:

Luke 3:14
14*And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

genuineoriginal

Poll: When is personal violence justified?

None of the options given are worthy of a vote.

"NEVER, not even by police or military" doesn't work, since God holds everyone in the community responsible for ridding the community of evil using the death penalty.

"Only when someone tries depriving others of their legal rights" does not work because of the "legal" qualifier. In the book of Esther, king Ahasuerus established a "legal" right to kill Jews on the thirteenth day of the twelfth month. He later established a "legal" right for the Jews to avenge themselves on their enemies on that same day. Being "legal" does not make something right.

"When someone expresses thoughts I disagree with" only works for SJWs and BLMs, not for conservatives who disagree with the thoughts of the SJWs and BLMs.

"When someone deprives me of my right not to be offended" only works for Special Snowflakes, not for real people. There is no "right not to be offended". Get over it already.

"I trust government to take care of these matters" does not work because the government has proven that it is not to be trusted. That is why the 2nd amendment was written.

musterion

Poll: When is personal violence justified?

None of the options given are worthy of a vote.

"NEVER, not even by police or military" doesn't work, since God holds everyone in the community responsible for ridding the community of evil using the death penalty.

"Only when someone tries depriving others of their legal rights" does not work because of the "legal" qualifier. In the book of Esther, king Ahasuerus established a "legal" right to kill Jews on the thirteenth day of the twelfth month. He later established a "legal" right for the Jews to avenge themselves on their enemies on that same day. Being "legal" does not make something right.

"When someone expresses thoughts I disagree with" only works for SJWs and BLMs, not for conservatives who disagree with the thoughts of the SJWs and BLMs.

"When someone deprives me of my right not to be offended" only works for Special Snowflakes, not for real people. There is no "right not to be offended". Get over it already.

"I trust government to take care of these matters" does not work because the government has proven that it is not to be trusted. That is why the 2nd amendment was written.

So you wear cargo pants to carry around a cop with you?

Yes, that was for the Leftists here who believe either or both but don't dare say it out loud.

genuineoriginal

So help me out here. What option would you like to see added (not that I can).
Personal violence is justified:
  • In defense of Life, Liberty, and Property.
"The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions… (and) when his own preservation comes not in competition, ought he, as much as he can, to preserve the rest of mankind, and may not, unless it be to do justice on an offender, take away, or impair the life, or what tends to the preservation of the life, the liberty, health, limb, or goods of another."
~ John Locke​

These are thoughts that are offensive to modern liberals from a man known as the "Father of Liberalism".

musterion

Personal violence is justified:
  • In defense of Life, Liberty, and Property.
"The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions… (and) when his own preservation comes not in competition, ought he, as much as he can, to preserve the rest of mankind, and may not, unless it be to do justice on an offender, take away, or impair the life, or what tends to the preservation of the life, the liberty, health, limb, or goods of another."
~ John Locke

These are thoughts that are offensive to modern liberals from a man known as the "Father of Liberalism".

So you're covered by 2.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Answer freely. I tried to cover the widest possible range of answers.

The governments are authorized by God to execute murderers, rapists, human trafficking slave trade.....People have the right to use deadly force to defend themselves. Authority and rights come from God. Authority is delegated (authorized) to governments to execute people who should die.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 21

12 “He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. 13 However, if he did not lie in wait, but God delivered him into his hand, then I will appoint for you a place where he may flee.

musterion

TOL's leftists won't touch this poll with a 10 foot pole.

(AB, different words that sound the same are called homophones; specifically in this case, heterographs because of different spellings)

(ACW, that does not mean they're bisexual)