PLease confirm: Did Trump say he never asked God for forgiveness??

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I have heard priests say that any religion that does not have CONFESSION is not Christian.. and i concur

Then you are in opposition to the Roman Catholic Church:
The Church recognizes that in many ways she is linked with those who, being baptized, are honored with the name of Christian, though they do not profess the faith in its entirety or do not preserve unity of communion with the successor of Peter. (14*) For there are many who honor Sacred Scripture, taking it as a norm of belief and a pattern of life, and who show a sincere zeal. They lovingly believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ, the Son of God and Saviour. (15*) They are consecrated by baptism, in which they are united with Christ. They also recognize and accept other sacraments within their own Churches or ecclesiastical communities. Many of them rejoice in the episcopate, celebrate the Holy Eucharist and cultivate devotion toward the Virgin Mother of God.(16*) They also share with us in prayer and other spiritual benefits. Likewise we can say that in some real way they are joined with us in the Holy Spirit, for to them too He gives His gifts and graces whereby He is operative among them with His sanctifying power. Some indeed He has strengthened to the extent of the shedding of their blood.
DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
LUMEN GENTIUM
SOLEMNLY PROMULGATED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON NOVEMBER 21, 1964

Again, it seems when you have to choose between being republican and being Catholic, you take the former.

republicanchick

He could be an atheist for all I care. It won't change my position one way or another. Him doing what is right is what I care about.

uh.. yeh, I think we should vote for someone who answers to a higher power.. otherwise the person may just perpetually think that he is the ultimate power.. not good. Humans without God is NOT good.. Heck, evne humans WITH God hasn't always been such a great thing..

+++

republicanchick

Then you are in opposition to the Roman Catholic Church:
The Church recognizes that in many ways she is linked with those who, being baptized, are honored with the name of Christian, though they do not profess the faith in its entirety or do not preserve unity of communion with the successor of Peter. (14*) For there are many who honor Sacred Scripture, taking it as a norm of belief and a pattern of life, and who show a sincere zeal. They lovingly believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ, the Son of God and Saviour. (15*) They are consecrated by baptism, in which they are united with Christ. They also recognize and accept other sacraments within their own Churches or ecclesiastical communities. Many of them rejoice in the episcopate, celebrate the Holy Eucharist and cultivate devotion toward the Virgin Mother of God.(16*) They also share with us in prayer and other spiritual benefits. Likewise we can say that in some real way they are joined with us in the Holy Spirit, for to them too He gives His gifts and graces whereby He is operative among them with His sanctifying power. Some indeed He has strengthened to the extent of the shedding of their blood.
DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
LUMEN GENTIUM
SOLEMNLY PROMULGATED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON NOVEMBER 21, 1964

Again, it seems when you have to choose between being republican and being Catholic, you take the former.

too dumb, disingenuous and malice ridden to respond to

_

MarcATL

again, these passages do not say what you want them to say

just b/c you are forgiven @ one particular time in your life, when you accept Christ, does not mean you areforgive forever and always. That is ridiculous

__
But that's THEE definition of Evangelical, their central doctrine is once saved always saved.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But that's THEE definition of Evangelical, their central doctrine is once saved always saved.

e·van·gel·i·cal
ˌēvanˈjelək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: evangelical

of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

Thanks for admitting that once saved always saved, is part of the true teachings of scripture.

MarcATL

e·van·gel·i·cal
ˌēvanˈjelək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: evangelical

of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

Thanks for admitting that once saved always saved, is part of the true teachings of scripture.
Where in Scripture do you get that from?

MarcATL

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
And from that text you extract once-saved-alway-saved? That's not what that text is saying.

Forever Means eternally, as in IF you are saved, it will last forever. Not saying you're saved once and from that point forward you're free to do whatever you want and still make it to heaven.

Salvation doesn't work that way. In fact Paul says to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Which is completely contrary to what you and your ilk are eronously teaching.

bybee

And from that text you extract once-saved-alway-saved? That's not what that text is saying.

Forever Means eternally, as in IF you are saved, it will last forever. Not saying you're saved once and from that point forward you're free to do whatever you want and still make it to heaven.

Salvation doesn't work that way. In fact Paul says to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Which is completely contrary to what you and your ilk are eronously teaching.

I feel that is a big "IF"! It does seem sensible to me that if one is saved it may be likened to a chemical bond. If the Holy Spirit has elected to save one it can be trusted that the Holy Spirit does not make mistakes?
I feel that I am saved but in no way do I consider that a license to sin. Rather, it is a power to resist sin.

MarcATL

I feel that is a big "IF"! It does seem sensible to me that if one is saved it may be likened to a chemical bond. If the Holy Spirit has elected to save one it can be trusted that the Holy Spirit does not make mistakes?
I feel that I am saved but in no way do I consider that a license to sin. Rather, it is a power to resist sin.
Brother, study the Scriptures. It is chuck full of examples of people, including prophets, priests and kings, who were chosen by God, that have fell short and lost their salvation. That's both Old and New Testaments. Those people are a lesson to us today, warning of that false belief. Do not be fooled.

You can't take one text of Scripture and formulate an entire doctrine and/or religion from it. Although that is what often happens, hence the numerous denominations in Christianity.

Remember, text without context is pretext.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
IF you are saved, it will last forever.

Not saying you're saved once and from that point forward you're free to do whatever you want and still make it to heaven.

Those 2 lines contradict, if you are saved, it will indeed last forever. You said it yourself.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

MarcATL

Those 2 lines contradict, if you are saved, it will indeed last forever. You said it yourself.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The problem with your doctrine is that you've taken a thing that is simultaneously a single event AND a process and simply made it into JUST a single event.

Get it?

Also, you haven't addressed the Scripture from Paul that I referenced, you know the whole work-out-your-own-salvation thing. I await your response.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The problem with your doctrine is that you've taken a thing that is simultaneously a single event AND a process and simply made it into JUST a single event.

Get it?

Also, you haven't addressed the Scripture from Paul that I referenced, you know the whole work-out-your-own-salvation thing. I await your response.

Salvation is a single one time event.

To the last part read this: http://www.gotquestions.org/fear-and-trembling.html It says what i believe very nicely.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're ignoring all evidence refuting that claim, that let's me know you're not interested in Truth, just keeping and promoting your ingrained belief.

In other words, you arent interested, so why ask? I gave you a link that explains the fear and trembling issue totally. Read it or not, or tremble in fear, you arent too worried about it, judging by your promotion of things that go against God.