PLease confirm: Did Trump say he never asked God for forgiveness??

republicanchick

Wow, if Trump has never asked God for forgivenes... Does that mean he thinks he does no wrong?

I am not yet sure he did say that. I watch closed captions so i can't always be 100% about what i read.. but that seems to be the case

he was quoted by someone on Fox... i believe Hannity a couple days ago...

he needs to ask for forgiveness for at least ONE thing that i know of: giving $$ to Nancy Pelosi... (Is that forgivable?)

Hmmm...

I have heard priests say that any religion that does not have CONFESSION is not Christian.. and i concur

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, if Trump has never asked God for forgivenes... Does that mean he thinks he does no wrong?

I am not yet sure he did say that. I watch closed captions so i can't always be 100% about what i read.. but that seems to be the case

he needs to ask for forgiveness for at least ONE thing that i know of: giving $$ to Nancy Pelosi... (Is that forgivable?)

Hmmm...

I have heard priests say that any religion that does not have CONFESSION is not Christian.. and i concur

Oh. You believe that Trump committing adultery during his FIRST marriage is something he shouldn't ask forgiveness for?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It may very well mean he believes he's already forgiven in which case, he's right!

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

republicanchick

It may very well mean he believes he's already forgiven in which case, he's right!

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

catholics and other people who appreciate logic do not go by the Bible (which i have read in its entirety) alone. And none of the scriptures you list says that people are forgiven even when they don't confess their sins / repent of them

____

heir

TOL Subscriber
catholics and other people who appreciate logic do not go by the Bible
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

heir

TOL Subscriber
catholics and other people who appreciate logic do not go by the Bible (which i have read in its entirety) alone. And none of the scriptures you list says that people are forgiven even when they don't confess their sins / repent of them
We were quickened together with the Lord and it was then that we were forgiven all trespasses! That's what it says!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Hmmm...

+

Trump believes in God, but hasn't sought forgiveness

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Trump said that while he hasn't asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion.

"When I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed," he said. "I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

glorydaz

Oh. You believe that Trump committing adultery during his FIRST marriage is something he shouldn't ask forgiveness for?

He should ask his wife for forgiveness...that's for sure. She might let him forgo some of those alimony payments.

republicanchick

We were quickened together with the Lord and it was then that we were forgiven all trespasses! That's what it says!

again, these passages do not say what you want them to say

just b/c you are forgiven @ one particular time in your life, when you accept Christ, does not mean you areforgive forever and always. That is ridiculous

__

SaulToPaul 2

just b/c you are forgiven @ one particular time in your life, when you accept Christ, does not mean you areforgive forever and always. That is ridiculous

__

Speaks volumes. Does not understand identification with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

__

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

republicanchick

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

that psg doesn't support your osas-ness either

the Bible is anti-osas.. hard to accept for some i guess

where in that psg does it say you don't have to give up sin to get t his forever forgiveness?

i guess u believe you can accept Christ and his forgiveness and then later sin big time but NO problem??

i hate it when people use ONE psg to try to prove a whole ideology/theology...

especially when it is antibiblical ... and illogical

+++

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He could be an atheist for all I care. It won't change my position one way or another. Him doing what is right is what I care about.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

__
In trials (Gen. 12:1, 2, Job 1:6–22, 2 Cor. 11:21–33) people cling closer to the Lord or apostatize. Pity the latter (Ro 8:13).

People are like tea bags. You don't know what they're made of until you put them in hot water [Variation of the quote: Eleanor Roosevelt].

See:

Apostasy & Eternal Security

Last edited: