ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

glorydaz

Salvation is by Grace through faith.(pistis) Putting pistis into action or applying pistis is pisteuo. (Faithing)

The action of pisteuo is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What is the specific action? Vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

It's not that difficult to understand.

Why don't you just come right out and call it what it what Paul does.....the obedience of faith?

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

I realize people like God's UNtruth can't get it, but believers know what it means.

It means we believe unto righteousness and walk by faith.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Salvation is by Grace through faith.(pistis) Putting pistis into action or applying pistis is pisteuo. (Faithing)

The action of pisteuo is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What is the specific action? Vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

It's not that difficult to understand.

Right you are, but who are you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Right you are, but who are you?

I'm a nothingburger who God decided to give a truth to that would change his life forever.

I'm not self taught. I have also been given the best of the best Bible instructors, which also came to me by accident.

I'm nothing! But i've been given a truth, and i will share it with anyone who will listen.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you just come right out and call it what it what Paul does.....the obedience of faith?

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

I realize people like God's UNtruth can't get it, but believers know what it means.

It means we believe unto righteousness and walk by faith.

Theres no such thing as just believing. Believing is a small part of pisteuo, but on its own is backwards. Just like obedience on its own is backwards.

There isn't even a word in the Greek language for the word believing. If you look it up, its mistranslated back into Greek when reading it in English.. I think its because there is no state of being where we are just believing. We are either faithing to God (pisteuo) or faithing away from God (apisteuo). The Greek does not allow that choice in its language.. The english on the other hand allows all kinds of different interpetations.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm a nothingburger who God decided to give a truth to that would change his life forever.

I'm not self taught. I have also been given the best of the best Bible instructors, which also came to me by accident.

I'm nothing! But i've been given a truth, and i will share it with anyone who will listen.

Good to hear you have some formal teaching. Are you here only to teach, or will you continue to lean?
I am not nothing, I am Kat. Kat, I am.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Good to hear you have some formal teaching. Are you here only to teach, or will you continue to lean?

I'm only here to point out a very important step on how to follow Christ. I back this up by the exact definitions in the Greek texts. I have never injected my opinion or tried to teach any of Gods word. I am not a teacher. I'm more like someone who warns people before they stumble, and then stand them up to try again. Nothing outrageous. I only would talk to those about Gods Word if i can see they've followed the straight path and not jump over or go around Gods simple truths.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I also like to put my understandings out there for others to see, so they might show me a better understanding and i could know Christ better. But i won't give up my understandings without someone showing me a better one.

I mostly just get personal attacks.

What about you Kat, what will you do with the understanding i've presented to you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Alright. There are members here who have much to offer, if they believe you serious, and desire true discourse.

I am. I think the fact i've haven't returned the personal attacks with more personal attacks shows i'm serious.

And also have one heck of a party going on in the corn field i've been putting people in. I just don't read the posts from those who go to the personal attacking.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Alright. There are members here who have much to offer, if they believe you serious, and desire true discourse.

Just a suggestion. Who ever wants to know exactly what my understandings are on this topic of "pisteuo", should probably start by looking at the beginning of this thread and they will have a good idea what i'm presenting.

thanks

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Just a suggestion. Who ever wants to know exactly what my understandings are on this topic of "pisteuo", should probably start by looking at the beginning of this thread and they will have a good idea what i'm presenting.

thanks

I have read the beginning and I have seen the same points made many times before here. The post is not a new idea here. Most of us who have been on TOL a long time have been over this subject many times.

You will receive more response when you openly introduce an idea. When who present your ideas as if they are original, many is us overlook it, as we have argued this before. This is why you receive nonsense responses, and some negative comments. you are not reaching anyone who cares to debate the topic when you present yourself as the most knowledgeable, which you are not.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have read the beginning and I have seen the same points made many times before here. The post is not a new idea here. Most of us who have been on TOL a long time have been over this subject many times.

You will receive more response when you openly introduce an idea. When who present your ideas as if they are original, many is us overlook it, as we have argued this before. This is why you receive nonsense responses, and some negative comments. you are not reaching anyone who cares to debate the topic when you present yourself as the most knowledgeable, which you are not.

Where did i present myself as the most knowledgeable. I've never seen anyone talk about the topic on this thread in 10 years of presenting it myself. Where can i find these discussions about pisteuo and the mistranslation of it?

Right Divider

Body part
Where did i present myself as the most knowledgeable. I've never seen anyone talk about the topic on this thread in 10 years of presenting it myself. Where can i find these discussions about pisteuo and the mistranslation of it?
Gee.... you come in here and claim to "correct" pretty much every English Bible translation that exists!

I wonder why some people think that you might be a bit arrogant....

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I'm accually always looking for the people that can share with me better understandings. Thats how we learn to know Christ better. So i think your mistaking confidence for all knowing.

If you show me in the archives where i can see your previous discussions on this topic i would appreciate it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There were many old threads removed to make space for new ones. You need to ask around; look for old 'hall of fame' members. I am sure you will find some here who will be helpful, if you seem to be open to new knowledge.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Rom 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

LA

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There were many old threads removed to make space for new ones. You need to ask around; look for old 'hall of fame' members. I am sure you will find some here who will be helpful, if you seem to be open to new knowledge.

Ask who! I thought you were going to be helpful. All i'm presenting here is a discussion on "pisteuo". You gave the impression there were some good people in here that would like to discuss this. Is that no longer the case?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Rom 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

LA

Don't forget "pisteuo" or the first surrender starts outside of Gods Word, before the Spirit of Christ is given, before Christ is ours, before we are His, and before Gods Word is ours to talk about. I can't find anyone to agree with the definition of "pisteuo" to even get the ball rolling.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

LA

What about you LA, do you agree with the definition of "pisteuo" given in the strongs and Vines I've presented?