ECT Paul did everything of Mark 16.

Danoh

Danoh,

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So you are saying NOT all scripture is profitable for instruction in righteousness today.

LA

To the extent it is "rightly divided" (laid out aright), 2 Tim. 2:15, all Scripture IS profitable ...

Consider, for example, Rom. 6:14 in light of Rom. 3:21, for example. Clearly, two sets of instruction in righteousness, Rom. 10:5.

Fuse them together and you have Paul's letter to the Galatians against that, Gal. 2:21.

Right Divider

Body part
Danoh,

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So you are saying NOT all scripture is profitable for instruction in righteousness today.

LA
You are just so ridiculous.

Danoh

By the way, LA; thanks for the challenge of your posts.

As Mid-Acts Pastor, Richard Jordan, has often noted "opposition is good for ya - makes you have to think things through!" :)

Not only that, but it affords the opportunity to allow it to work patience, meakness, longsufferring, etc., depending on what we choose to walk by in its moment; the flesh, or the Spirit, Rom. 8; 1 Cor. 13.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To the extent it is "rightly divided" (laid out aright), 2 Tim. 2:15, all Scripture IS profitable ...

Consider, for example, Rom. 6:14 in light of Rom. 3:21, for example. Clearly, two sets of instruction in righteousness, Rom. 10:5.

Fuse them together and you have Paul's letter to the Galatians against that, Gal. 2:21.

Paul clearly laid that out that teaching, but he never made such a distinction that what he taught in 1 Cor.ch 14 was no longer required of the church.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1Co 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
1Co 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
1Co 14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
1Co 14:7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
1Co 14:8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
1Co 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
1Co 14:10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
1Co 14:11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
1Co 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
1Co 14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
1Co 14:17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
1Co 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
1Co 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
1Co 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Co 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
1Co 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
1Co 14:24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
1Co 14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1Co 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1Co 14:30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1Co 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1Co 14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
1Co 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Paul was putting in order that which began in Acts at the beginning of the NT church--

Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

Danoh

No.

for then Paul would be suggesting that you look only at yourself.

LA

So Paul's words in bold (below) are not his use, as an anology, what they used for mirrors in their day - reflective metal, that at its' best, offered a dim reflection?

To you that is not Paul's use of their equivalent of a mirror back then, as his means of making his point; is that correct - you don't see that as "a mirror" he is using as an example of the point he is making?

1Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

It is why he includes the word "darkly." Their "mirrors" were not as crystal clear as mirrors now are.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So Paul's words in bold (below) are not his use, as an anology, what they used for mirrors in their day - reflective metal, that at its' best, offered a dim reflection?

To you that is not Paul's use of their equivalent of a mirror back then, as his means of making his point; is that correct - you don't see that as "a mirror" he is using as an example of the point he is making?

1Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

It is why he includes the word "darkly." Their "mirrors" were not as crystal clear as mirrors now are.

It was the fact that mirrors gave a dim reflection rather than it meaning the image was of himself.

We see Christ as in a dim mirror compared to how we will see Him face to face.

LA

OCTOBER23

LASSIE AFTER NOON

GOOD SCRIPTURES:)

What is your point besides preaching to the Gentile Churches

such as Smyrna, Ephesus, philadelphia and Laodicea.

DAN P

Paul did everything of Mark 16. which Madists of this board deny for themselves.

Thus they do not really follow Paul as he followed Christ at all.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

As the church Paul was a part of he did, as also they did at the beginning Acts ch 2 and continue to do.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Paul was baptized in water washing away his sins. (the water itself did not do it)

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;

Act 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

they shall speak with new tongues;

1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents;

Act 28:3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
Act 28:4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
Act 28:5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

(Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. )

and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;

cant find it yet.

they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Act 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

LA

Hi and as always you are wrong about Paul and Paul did more special miracles than the 12 and more than Mark 16:16 and by the way , in Mark 16:16 the verb " shall be saved " is in the FUTURE TENSE and is talking about the last part of the Great Tribulation , which you are BLIND TO !!

And we follow Paul in the ORDERS given to Paul by the HOLY SPIRIT !!

So ylou follow Jesus and Peter and do what Peter did in Gal 2:14 , teach others to KEEP the Law and Customs of the Jews and COMPEL others to ADOPT JEWISH CUSTOM , so you are A BLOOTER !!

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and as always you are wrong about Paul and Paul did more special miracles than the 12 and more than Mark 16:16 and by the way , in Mark 16:16 the verb " shall be saved " is in the FUTURE TENSE and is talking about the last part of the Great Tribulation , which you are BLIND TO !!

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

And we follow Paul in the ORDERS given to Paul by the HOLY SPIRIT !!

I do not believe you do.

So ylou follow Jesus and Peter and do what Peter did in Gal 2:14 , teach others to KEEP the Law and Customs of the Jews and COMPEL others to ADOPT JEWISH CUSTOM ,

Peter was rebuked for his mistake, but he did not teach as you claim.

so you are A BLOOTER !!

Get saved.

Danoh

Still true.

LA

Consider how true 1 Cor. 13 will be to you when the negativity comes your way. That will be your true measure to you of you; of to what extent living by that chapter actually matters to you.

It can be a challenge; but its a worthy one - grace in the face of opposition and its temptation.

The best to you in this...

Cross Reference

Paul’s whole soul and mind and heart were taken up with the great matter of what Jesus Christ came to do, he never lost sight of that one thing (see l Corinthians 2:2)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What face do you see when you look into a mirror?
Your own. There are two faces. Face to face.

Then shall you know even as you are known.
You will be able to see your own face even as others see it, when the mirror is not dim.

That is not the lesson.

We see Christ as in a glass darkly, but when the perfect has come we will see Him face to face.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

You do not now know Christ face to face.

So the gifts are not now done away.

LA

Danoh

That is not the lesson.

We see Christ as in a glass darkly, but when the perfect has come we will see Him face to face.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

You do not now know Christ face to face.

So the gifts are not now done away.

LA

Consider that you may have mis-read 1John 3's intended sense. It doth not yet appear to the world what these sons of God shall be; thus, why the world is persecuting them.

They themselves know they are sons of God.

You left out verse 1, which is part John's intended sense.

I have to believe you may have done that because you did not see it relevant to what you are asserting because your assertion itself was based on having missed verse one's contribution to John's intended sense.

1 Jn 3:

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

John and his fellow Apostles knew who He was and who they and theirs were, an Identity which unbeliving Israel refused to acknowledge about them - John 1:

John 1:

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider that you may have mis-read 1John 3's intended sense. It doth not yet appear to the world what these sons of God shall be; thus, why the world is persecuting them.

They themselves know they are sons of God.

You left out verse 1, which is part John's intended sense.

I have to believe you may have done that because you did not see it relevant to what you are asserting because your assertion itself was based on having missed verse one's contribution to John's intended sense.

1 Jn 3:

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

John and his fellow Apostles knew who He was and who they and theirs were, an Identity which unbeliving Israel refused to acknowledge about them - John 1:

John 1:

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Are you kidding?