@patrick jane @john w @Nick @SaultoPaul @Musterion @heir @GloryDays @exminister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick Stick

The book of John was written to the House of Israel, not to the Gentiles. Paul was the "Apostle to the Gentiles" and preached the "Grace Gospel" to them.
Do you also put a difference between the house of judah and the house of israel? So there are 3 different groups that are addressed Biblically?

musterion

SerpentTroll, I'm not a fan of Billy Graham, however, do you have some secret truth about his being a 33rd Degree Freemason, besides the rumor mill on You-Tube?

There's actually something to that. He's had people say for decades he used to attend lodge or whatever back in his very early days (lots of Baptists back in the day were Masons), but when he started to get big, people started asking him if those stories were true. Last I read, Graham spent years neither confirming nor denying he was/is a Mason.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here's my position: be holy, repent (1 Jn 1:9).

That tool of the enemy here
elvis.gif
and all his chickadees
chick_emoticon_sleep_by_pistra.gif
would have you believe that :yawn: I'm a Judaizer (2 Pe 2:1). If you don't believe that you have to continually repent when you sin, knock yourself out. :idunno: I'm not a gambler with my soul. :listen: Neither was the apostle Paul (1 Co 9:27 KJV).

These Baptist types here are going to be in for a shock (Mt 7:23).
So if you get hit by a bus before you catalog the day's sins, what then? What if you forget one? And if you don't have to ask for forgiveness for each sin then it reduces to a state of desiring to please God and hating our moral failings. In that case outside of our admission we have a posture, a context that is shared by everyone grateful for grace, isn't it?

I like Brother Lawrence. He sounded like Paul on the point, but older and with the sort of tempered zeal you get when years are well spent. A bit like John the Beloved.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
So if you get hit by a bus before you catalog the day's sins, what then?

You are judged for the whole of your life not one single act at the moment of death (Ge 18:25, 1 Pe 4:5, 1 Co 3:14-15). We run to win (1 Co 9:24). Finish with style:
cour-bitume.gif

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul (Eze 3:17–19).

musterion

Serpy,

How does one who has been judicially declared dead in Christ, and so is reckoned as dead to sin and to the condemning Law, get judged?

Status
Not open for further replies.