OSAS V Who's The Most Righteous Anti OSAS Poster?

God's Truth

If you are devoting your entire life to trying to get into a church you cannot get into, wouldn't you want to know?

Like Paul, there is only one church that you qualify to enter. No good works can get you into it, no good works can keep you in it.
Paul had done nothing good, he had only persecuted men full of the Holy Ghost. He entered by belief.

More proof that in order to defend your doctrines you have to do wrong, such as constantly put me down and insult.

God's Truth

All words, that the Holy Spirit took the time to inspire, matter.

Would you rather walk by a fire, or walk through a fire?

Would you rather jump on a cliff, or jump off a cliff?

You are not using examples equivalent to what steko and I were discussing.

God's Truth

We don't have to accuse. Sin dwells in your body and it comes out daily. You do not walk daily as the LORD Jesus walked.

The same is true of all of us.

You would do well to just fess up, swallow your pride, and come clean.

Perhaps then you would see your need to believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) and trust the LORD completely, once and for all.

Don't you know that Satan is the accuser of the brethren, and that you accuse me of things just to go against me when I tell people to obey Jesus?

God's Truth

You quoted:

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

....which is a partial quote according to the context.

So, I quoted one word from the next verse, 'upon', to emphasize the fact that the government referred to in vs 6 has a specific location and context.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

But....according to you and your misinterpretation of Paul.......words don't matter.

You haven't proved anything except that you argue about words that do not matter.

john w

Hall of Fame
You haven't proved anything except that you argue about words that do not matter.

Like these "words that do not matter:"

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says…. What Jesus says is directed to everyone.”-God’sUNTruth

SaulToPaul 2

Like these "words that do not matter:"

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says…. What Jesus says is directed to everyone.”-God’sUNTruth

She has a stretching the truth compelsion.

john w

Hall of Fame
She has a stretching the truth compelsion.

And I was going to invite her, to be an "Esquire Club" member, and perhaps one of my Latex salesman. But she's too moody, like gypsies, and selfish, like giraffes, as she won't "obey Jesus," and sell all that she has.

SaulToPaul 2

And I was going to invite her, to be an "Esquire Club" member, and perhaps one of my Latex salesman. But she's too moody, like gypsies, and selfish, like giraffes, as she won't "obey Jesus," and sell all that she has.

She wouldn't fit in at the Esquire Club with Roger Courtney. As you know, saint john w the great, the LORD never commanded anyone to play golf or teach how to get "higher" golf scores.

john w

Hall of Fame
She wouldn't fit in at the Esquire Club with Roger Courtney. As you know, saint john w the great, the LORD never commanded anyone to play golf or teach how to get "higher" golf scores.

You kidder, you! I might just buy you a coin, where the buffalo head faces the other way.

Last edited:

oatmeal

That is works salvation. Very similar to Rome.

Bible states clearly. All are unrighteous, all are incapable to do good.
To "accept free gift" is asking someone to do good. But the Scriptures says that is impossible.

Unrighteous = incapable of doing good?

To "accept free gift" = asking someone to do good?

But the Scriptures says that is impossible.

Where does it say that is impossible?

Romans 3:22-26

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Our works cannot earn the free gift of salvation that Jesus Christ earned for us.

That is where salvation is not of work, but by grace.

But it does take our effort to receive the gift, Roman 10:9-10 takes a little bit of work to understand and do.

But that work does not earn our salvation, it is how we receive the gift of salvation

oatmeal

what about the 'if'

By which also ye are dsaved, if ye ||keep in memory †what I preached unto you,

That is a very good question.

I have not seen a satisfactory answer posted.

I Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The Phillips NT answers some of you concerns.

1 Corinthians 15:1-8J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

A reminder of the gospel message: the resurrection is an integral part of our faith
15 1-2 Now, my brothers, I want to speak about the Gospel which I have previously preached to you, which you accepted, in which you are at present standing, and by which, if you remain faithful to the message I gave you, your salvation is being worked out—unless, of course, your faith had no meaning behind it at all.

3-8 For I passed on to you Corinthians first of all the message I had myself received—that Christ died for our sins, as the scriptures said he would; that he was buried and rose again on the third day, again as the scriptures foretold. He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve, and subsequently he was seen simultaneously by over five hundred Christians, of whom the majority are still alive, though some have since died. He was then seen by James, then by all the messengers. And last of all, as if to one born abnormally late, he appeared to me!

We did Romans 10:9-10 to receive salvation.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Half of the prerequisites to receive salvation deals with God having raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

there are two foundational truths that we must do to receive the gift of salvation.

1. Confess with the mouth the lord Jesus

2. Believe in our heart that God raised him from the dead.

Once we have done that God gives us the gift of salvation, we are saved.

But should we discard those truths now that we are saved?

God forbid.

We must learn to keep Jesus lord in our lives Ephesians 1:1 "faithful in Christ Jesus "

and

we must continue to believe in that love and power that God used to raise Jesus Christ from the dead. Ephesians 1:19-20

You ever heard the expression, "God gave you brains, now use it!"

God gave us salvation, we are to use it.

How?

Basically, by continuing in the two truths that we did to receive salvation.

We are to work out, or energize our salvation so it does us and others good right now in this life. Philippians 2:12-13

We are not to receive the gift of salvation and not open it up.

We are to find out what it is, what we can and are supposed to do with now and live it. I John 5:13

Christians have enormous and powerful potential, if we only learn to use it.

Colossians 1:27 "Christ in you"

John 14:12 Same works as Jesus Christ and greater works

We are not to sit on this salvation, we are to live powerfully to glorify God because that is God's intent for those who chose to receive the gift.

Ephesians 2:8-10

oatmeal

I hate when people quote the Bible and say nothing else

makes no sense. We all know the Bible to one extent or another.. It is people's (faulty) interpretations that need attn.

+

It is equally irritating when someone "proclaims the gospel" without scripture references.

Why should I believe that their "gospel" is anything but their own opinion, what they wish the scriptures taught

God's Truth

This Psalm comes to mind...

Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Eternal life is the free gift of God.
Redemption is not free as Messiah paid for it.
Obedience to God is that we believe the Father is well pleased with the Son, God is indeed well pleased with the redemption purchased by Messiah and we who believe are united to God thru the Messiah. Those who reject the peace of God made thru redemption (that was not free) will be punished for their sins. I can never be punished for my sins, God punished Messiah in my place and set me free from guilt and condemnation.

You are perverting Jesus' teachings. You speak against His word.

Jesus repeats clearly to be faithful to Him until the end. Accepting Jesus is not one time confession.

You have to omit or disregard many of Jesus' word to justify your claim.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are perverting Jesus' teachings. You speak against His word.

Jesus repeats clearly to be faithful to Him until the end. Accepting Jesus is not one time confession.

You have to omit or disregard many of Jesus' word to justify your claim.

Have a nice day. Make another friend along your way. Look around
your city, and throw that silly hat in the bay.