"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

glorydaz

There is no confusion on my side.

Don't get hung up on a single verse taken out of context and given a meaning it was never intended to have.
Go on and read the rest of the chapter to see what you have to do to receive the gift.

Ephesians 5:1-7
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.​

So, according to you, our Lord didn't accomplish one single thing on the cross and didn't need to come at all. Just straighten up, people, and fly right.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The pastor you spoke to, doesnt know the bible, the part in bold was answered poorly, no sin is imputed to a believer, because a believer is clothed in Christs righteousness, not their own.

Does Christ sin? If the answer is no, then there is no sin imputed.

You dont understand that its not our righteousness that saves us, its His.

this is the answer

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The pastor you spoke to, doesnt know the bible, the part in bold was answered poorly, no sin is imputed to a believer, because a believer is clothed in Christs righteousness, not their own.

Does Christ sin? If the answer is no, then there is no sin imputed.

You dont understand that its not our righteousness that saves us, its His.

Good post A4T

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ paid the price for any and ALL the sins of mankind. God's Grace,
forgiveness, mercy and eternal life are available to anyone who hears
the Grace Message, places their faith in Christ, is sealed and indwelt
by the Holy Spirit and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ
by the Holy Spirit. One who has been through this Spiritual process,
has also received the righteousness of Christ. Therefore, they stand
before God; sinless and having the righteousness of Christ.

All sins are forgivable when you are in Christ and Christ is in you. If
you're not in the Body of Christ, you will be judged by your works and
cast into the Lake of fire, at the judgement. That's where you will spend
eternity. Eternal damnation is something to be avoided. God has provided
His Grace as a gift that cannot be earned by anyone. It's a gift of God and
you MUST accept it by faith alone.

elohiym

Shut up. I've seen how you claim looking isn't lusting, and all are free to read the garbage you preach. :nono:

Looking and lusting are two different words; they are not synonyms.

Jesus was clearly referring to the commandment to not covet your neighbors wife. You are interpreting his words to include innocent attraction. That way you can try and convince men that whenever they look at a beautiful woman and appreciate her attractiveness they are sinning.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Jesus was clearly referring to the commandment to not covet your neighbors wife. You are interpreting his words to include innocent attraction. That way you can try and convince men that whenever they look at a beautiful woman and appreciate her attractiveness they are sinning.

So, are you trying to insinuate that you have a problem with lust?

Right Divider

Body part
Joh 5:24 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Too many knuckleheads here do NOT believe.

glorydaz

Pretty odd about my "interpretations" considering you claim "the work of God" is a work of man. :chuckle:

No, I have no interest whatsoever in your "innocent attractions" or the attractions of any man. I don't even give a hoot about your sinning. My sins have all been forgiven and I am not under the law for righteousness in any way shape or form.

Now, why do you refuse to address the verses I gave you instead of boasting about your personal sexual attractions being so pure?

Do you understand what "Not of yourselves" means? It is YOU that claims to believe, right? How about a GIFT?

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

You have no choice but to totally ignore this verse. It is so plain even a child gets it. "Worketh NOT but believeth..." See that? :yawn:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

turbosixx

I met a pastor who preached OSAS. He said after a person accepts christ as saviour then his entry to heaven (eternal life) is secured. I asked what if he commits adultery and not repent and not get forgiveness from God. He still said that he would go but God would discipline him (he might even kill him). So i put forth a question in the following way and he could not answer it. He said go and read John's Gospel and you will understand.

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.
M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

and he left.. can anyone answer this question.." who will be held accountable for the unforgiven sin even when the believer has not repented and asked for forgiveness".

ps. i believe that OSAS is false... dont say a true believer will never sin......

OSAS is a lie just like the devil told in the garden. “You will not surely die!” "You can not sin!" See the similarity.

In Revelation we have an opportunity to see how Jesus sees us and proves that we can sin and fall, but of course there are those who will explain away this passage as well.

Rev. 3:3 So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you. 4 But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. 6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Right Divider

Body part
OSAS is a lie just like the devil told in the garden. “You will not surely die!” "You can not sin!" See the similarity.

In Revelation we have an opportunity to see how Jesus sees us and proves that we can sin and fall, but of course there are those who will explain away this passage as well.

Rev. 3:3 So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you. 4 But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. 6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'
Says an unbeliever.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
but paul wrote that letter to believers in corinth. they already believed in Jesus.. but in verse 20 he asked them to reconcile..

Not all were saved. You can't say they are and are not. Just believe what it says.