Origin of the Cross

CherubRam

Because whats written was originally in Hebrew. And ancient Hebrew had no vowels. So no one knows. Fundamentally its an irrelavent point. Words convey meaning. When the word Yahweh or Jehovah is used the author and the reader know who is being refered to. To get hung up on the pedantics of transliteration misses the point entirely.

Because there are Hebrew scripts written in other languages, that is how we know.

CherubRam

Well, I am sorry if you feel that way but, if you can produce an evidence that Jesus is alive, you have made a Christian out of a Jew.
Those who witnessed it became strong in faith and continued preaching, otherwise the belief would have died out.

Ben Masada

Wrong again Ben. The Hellenistic Jews who were in control of the temple and priesthood at that time, they demanded that the Romans put him to death.

See what I mean? You are wrong again. Was the verdict of Jesus on that plate on the top of his cross, "Sorry, but the Jews demanded of me to put Jesus to death." So, Jesus was not killed because, as you claim, the Jews demanded of Pilate to kill him. When one is guilt in Court, a verdict is demanded of the Judge, in the case of Jesus, Pilate. And the verdict given was INRI. The claim of his disciples that he was king of the Jews. So, don't blame the Jews if you cannot prove what you say.

Ben Masada

Those who witnessed it became strong in faith and continued preaching, otherwise the belief would have died out.

This is proof of nothing. Hear-say proves only slanders. Did Islam die out or is growing even faster than Christianity? Islam is growing phenomenally faster. Is that proof of the Truth? Hardly!

CherubRam

This is proof of nothing. Hear-say proves only slanders. Did Islam die out or is growing even faster than Christianity? Islam is growing phenomenally faster. Is that proof of the Truth? Hardly!
The religion of Islam is forced upon the people. Islam is growing faster because they have more children.

CherubRam

See what I mean? You are wrong again. Was the verdict of Jesus on that plate on the top of his cross, "Sorry, but the Jews demanded of me to put Jesus to death." So, Jesus was not killed because, as you claim, the Jews demanded of Pilate to kill him. When one is guilt in Court, a verdict is demanded of the Judge, in the case of Jesus, Pilate. And the verdict given was INRI. The claim of his disciples that he was king of the Jews. So, don't blame the Jews if you cannot prove what you say.
Wrong again Ben. Pilate called Christ King of the Jews, and Pilate wrote that.

The Jews in Jerusalem were calling Christ, King. That is why Pilate asked, "are you King of the Jews?" Yahshuah's mother was a Levite, and Joseph his father was of the royal line of David. Even though he was a King, the Hellenistic Jews did not like it because he posed a threat to their authority.

Matthew 27:24
When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

Matthew 27:37
Above his head they placed the written charge against him: Yahshua, King of the Jews.

John 19:19
Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the stake. It read: Yahshua, King of the Jews.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of Yahwah.’”

CherubRam

Psalm 118

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 Yahwah has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 Yahwah has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.
25 Yahwah, save us!
Yahwah, grant us success!
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of Yahwah.
From the house of Yahwah we bless you.

CherubRam

Hundreds, perhaps thousands witnessed it. In a court of law the testimony of hundreds who witnessed it would be valid. It is very simple Ben, you have no faith in Yahwah fulfilling scriptures.

CherubRam

We know the name from those 'scripts' as well as other sources. But specifically HOW the name was pronounced is not known.

Theophoric names with "Yeho" prefixes have corresponding forms where the letters "eh"' have been omitted. There is a theory by Christian Ginsburg that this is due to Hebrew scribes omitting the "h", changing Jeho (יְהוֹ) into Jo (יוֹ), to make the start of "Yeho-" names not sound like an attempt to pronounce the Divine Name. With the Tetragrammaton, some theophoric names begin with the first two consonants, other names take only the first and the third letters from the Tetragrammaton and build them into the syllable "yo" at the beginning of a name (Yoab, Yoram, Yoyakim, Yoel, Yonathan).

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Honor His Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honorable Mention[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]where is the honor due me?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Malachi 2:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
If you do not listen, and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if you do not resolve to honor my name[/FONT][FONT=&quot],” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will send a curse on you[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

[/FONT]

beameup

Well, I am sorry if you feel that way but, if you can produce an evidence that Jesus is alive, you have made a Christian out of a Jew.

"Thou shall not put the LORD thy God to the test" Deut 6:16
Again and again they tested God,
And pained the Holy One of Israel. Psalm 78:41

All the "fathers" and "patriarchs" trusted God by faith. We are no different.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Because God needs an inanimate useless object to accomplish his will. Are you guys listening to yourselves?!?!?!
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV

Again, it is what was accomplished there (Romans 4:25 KJV, Galatians 3:3 KJV).

Your only hope of salvation is WHY Christ died on a cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Get saved by trusting the Lord believing it instead of the seducing spirits that you are heeding.

Ben Masada

"Thou shall not put the LORD thy God to the test" Deut 6:16

All the "fathers" and "patriarchs" trusted God by faith. We are no different.

I am not putting the Lord my God to the test but Beameup. I think Paul missed to make a god out of him. Regarding the "Fathers" and "Patriarchs" they trusted God by obedience aka the works of the Law. I think you ought to text your faith if it includes obedience of the Law. If not, it is akin to a body without the breath of life if you read James 2:26.