Online Prayer Requests

Breathe

Dad is in the hospital with fluid from congestive heart failure, a UTI and confusion caused by a combination of the two, and a low oxygen level. I found him in the floor of his bedroom in his home this afternoon, and just got home from 10 hours at the hospital. My dad is 84, and is fiercely independent, lives on his own, drives, keeps his dr appts and meds straight, banks and pays bills on line - he is an amazing old guy - and I love him the way an only daughter/only child can love her dad. Please pray for him. I want him to be able to live with dignity and have his independence, and his pride. He is a good Christian - one of the truest Christians I have ever met. Thank you for your prayers, and for keeping my wonderful daddy in your thoughts. :)

JosephR

Dad is in the hospital with fluid from congestive heart failure, a UTI and confusion caused by a combination of the two, and a low oxygen level. I found him in the floor of his bedroom in his home this afternoon, and just got home from 10 hours at the hospital. My dad is 84, and is fiercely independent, lives on his own, drives, keeps his dr appts and meds straight, banks and pays bills on line - he is an amazing old guy - and I love him the way an only daughter/only child can love her dad. Please pray for him. I want him to be able to live with dignity and have his independence, and his pride. He is a good Christian - one of the truest Christians I have ever met. Thank you for your prayers, and for keeping my wonderful daddy in your thoughts. :)

I prayed for mercy, peace and Gods will to be done AMEN :)

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We'll be praying for your dad and you, and the rest of your family as well.

bybee

I am praying for you and your Dad.

IMJerusha

Keeping you both in prayer, Breathe. Please keep us informed as you are able.

Breathe

We are very grateful for all of the prayers, and thank you all. :)
Dad is going to be in the hospital for a few days - he still has some fluid, some confusion and is very weak. Hopefully physical therapy at the hospital will strengthen him, and a few days at my house with the hubster and myself after his release will help him also. The ultimate goal is for him to keep his independence, but at this point we just don't know if that will be possible.

Considering all that is going on with both of my parents and all we have been through as a family these past two years, I feel remarkably calm - I am positive that the power of all of these prayers is responsible for this peaceful feeling. God bless you all.

IMJerusha

We are very grateful for all of the prayers, and thank you all. :)
Dad is going to be in the hospital for a few days - he still has some fluid, some confusion and is very weak. Hopefully physical therapy at the hospital will strengthen him, and a few days at my house with the hubster and myself after his release will help him also. The ultimate goal is for him to keep his independence, but at this point we just don't know if that will be possible.

Considering all that is going on with both of my parents and all we have been through as a family these past two years, I feel remarkably calm - I am positive that the power of all of these prayers is responsible for this peaceful feeling. God bless you all.

There are ways for your Dad to retain some independence even if he requires assistance. Sounds like you and your husband understand the importance of this for him.

Breathe

There are ways for your Dad to retain some independence even if he requires assistance. Sounds like you and your husband understand the importance of this for him.

Oddly enough, I always enjoyed being an only child. Now I'd be happy for a baker's dozen siblings to help make the decisions and carry some of the load. But having an excellent husband helps. He is my rock.

Breathe

Update: my dad will need physical therapy before he can come home with me, so the hospital got him a therapy bed at the same excellent facility my mom is at for her dementia. Since shortly before we left the hospital he has become increasingly confused. He called me last night at 11:00, begging me to come and pick him up. It is heartbreaking - I could not get him in my house if I had to, since he cannot walk without assistance, much less climb stairs - and now that the confusion has set in, he reminds me of the way my mother behaves, sundowning included. Please continue to pray for him, and for all of us. This is rending my heart in two.

bybee

Update: my dad will need physical therapy before he can come home with me, so the hospital got him a therapy bed at the same excellent facility my mom is at for her dementia. Since shortly before we left the hospital he has become increasingly confused. He called me last night at 11:00, begging me to come and pick him up. It is heartbreaking - I could not get him in my house if I had to, since he cannot walk without assistance, much less climb stairs - and now that the confusion has set in, he reminds me of the way my mother behaves, sundowning included. Please continue to pray for him, and for all of us. This is rending my heart in two.

I used to use stories germane to each of my residents when they sundowned. Such as "Your wife called and she asked me to look in on you until she can get here." or "If you can rest for a while then we can go outside". It usually calmed them down and often earned me a smile or two!
I pray for you my dear you have a heavy responsibility.

IMJerusha

The confusion is normal. Spend as much time with him as you can. Talk to him repetitiously, telling him why he is there and that it is not for long. Physical reassurance works well so while you are giving it to your Dad, make sure your husband is giving it to you. Make sure you include Yeshua in your daily talks with him. Keep his Bible close where he can see and touch it. Read it to him. I don't mean to come off sounding like you don't know all these things. I'm just trying to support you in what you already know because you seem kinda lost and just a bit in need of someone to walk with you. Yeshua is with you, I am with you and all here are with you. Praying for you and your family...for strength and His peace.

Breathe

Thank you bybee and IMJ. The Lord is the glue holding me together through all of this. He is my sustenance and my strength.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Day 6 of Mirapex/Pramipexole, yes, calm and quiet are the words, there is been no jerking for two days, and I sleep for at least 6 hours at one time.

I'm truly blessed, and the Lord for His divine favor.
Not quite a month yet and the Mirapex/Pramipexole, are working very well. I've had one episode of a slight jerking in the left arm, and I sleep through the night.

I thank the Lord for attentive Dr's and the care they provide, to borrow a phrase from the N/T, "The Lord working with them."

Thank you all ever so much for your prayers and encouragement, it means a lot ~ Psalmist

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My mother, who decided to dig a ditch a few weeks ago (no, really) is having back surgery next Wednesday and I'd appreciate it if you could keep her in your prayers.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mother, who decided to dig a ditch a few weeks ago (no, really) is having back surgery next Wednesday and I'd appreciate it if you could keep her in your prayers.
Yes sir, count it done, we'll be praying too.