One of the Benefits of Being a Jew

Truster

Shalom.

Have you read Romans 8:1-4?

Do you differentiate between God's law and God's commands? Would you have said that the Spirit of God helps you to observe or obey God's commands?

Shalom.

Jacob

Paul is speaking of two different laws. You are banging on about the law of Moses which Jews attempt to keep.

Truster

Are we not enabled to be like the Lord Jesus by the Spirit and does that not enable us to keep the law?:

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Cor.3:18).​

If you want to keep the law then feel free. I will trust in the perfect law of liberty.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul is speaking of two different laws. You are banging on about the law of Moses which Jews attempt to keep.
Shalom.

Please read Romans 8:4. I do not know what you are talking about. Have you understood my point?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jerry Shugart

If you want to keep the law then feel free. I will trust in the perfect law of liberty.

So the Spirit of God does not enable you to keep the commandments spoken of here?:

"For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness" (1 Thess.4:2-7).​

beloved57

Shalom.

One of the Benefits of Being a Jew is that God has given us His Torah.

He has entrusted us with the word (oracles) of God. Oracles is probably not the best word. But it is one word used in the Bible, in the Bible I grew up with.

I am thankful that God has given us His word, His Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

The physical jews, Abrahams seed according to the flesh they are not the children of God or heirs with God Rom 9:8

[FONT=&quot]That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The physical jews, Abrahams seed according to the flesh they are not the children of God or heirs with God Rom 9:8

[FONT=&quot]That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.[/FONT]
Shalom.

Do you understand what is being said here?

Do you understand about Abraham? Do you understand about Isaac?

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

So the Spirit of God does not enable you to keep the commandments spoken of here?:

"For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness" (1 Thess.4:2-7).​

He who calls us unto holiness make us holy. You people cannot let go of your own works. As I said, carry on...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you had been converted you would flee from the law of Moses and not embrace it.
Shalom.

Whether you refer to the Law of Moses or Torah or equate the two, there is nothing wrong with obeying God's commands.

Shalom.

Jacob

beloved57

Shalom.

Do you understand what is being said here?

Do you understand about Abraham? Do you understand about Isaac?

Shalom.

Jacob

I understand this.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I understand this.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Shalom.

In what way do you understand it? Do you already accept as true everything in Scripture, the entire TaNaKh, and more, before understanding this as it was meant to be understood?

Shalom.

Jacob