One of the Benefits of Being a Jew

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

One of the Benefits of Being a Jew is that God has given us His Torah.

He has entrusted us with the word (oracles) of God. Oracles is probably not the best word. But it is one word used in the Bible, in the Bible I grew up with.

I am thankful that God has given us His word, His Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

He has entrusted us with the word (oracles) of God. Oracles is probably not the best word. But it is one word used in the Bible, in the Bible I grew up with.

Shalom.

Jacob

A Jew has a circumcised heart and worships God inwardly. That's not you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A Jew has a circumcised heart and worships God inwardly. That's not you.

Shalom.

I do not know why you say this. I do not know why you say that. I am a Jew. I am a proselyte and a convert. I am a Jew inwardly. I read, study, and observe Torah. I observe and teach others Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have to be born again to see the kingdom according to Jesus.
Shalom.

Yes. I am born again. I am born of the Spirit of God. I am born from above. I believe Jesus to be the Christ, the Messiah. I have the Spirit of God dwelling in me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

Yes. I am born again. I am born of the Spirit of God. I am born from above. I believe Jesus to be the Christ, the Messiah. I have the Spirit of God dwelling in me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Those who are born again of the Spirit preach grace. You're a liar and the truth is not in you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Those who are born again of the Spirit preach grace. You're a liar and the truth is not in you.
Shalom.

I do preach grace. Grace is part of God's Instruction for us. Are you aware that when you say that I am a liar and the truth is not in me you are saying that I am not speaking the truth or even that I believe I have never sinned? Neither of these are true.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

I do preach grace. Grace is part of God's Instruction for us. Are you aware that when you say that I am a liar and the truth is not in me you are saying that I am not speaking the truth or even that I believe I have never sinned? Neither of these are true.

Shalom.

Jacob

You preach Torah observance so any Christ or grace that you preach is cosmetic. I won't engage with someone who is in the blackest and grossest of errors like you. May God have mercy on your soul.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You preach Torah observance so any Christ or grace that you preach is cosmetic. I won't engage with someone who is in the blackest and grossest of errors like you. May God have mercy on your soul.
Shalom.

Do Jesus' words in Matthew 5:17-20 apply to you? If you believe no, state why you believe this.

I do not believe myself to be in error. There is another thread that I am on where I am seeing you post to me, a thread I started today about Matthew 5:17-20. To state in brief here do you understand that the new covenant is God's law written upon minds and hearts, that it is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and that it is in Yeshua Messiah?

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

For how many years did you pretend to be a regenerate saint, before you decided to pretend to be a Jew?

A chap I know went home and told his mother that he'd become a "Christian". She didn't flinch nor answer, but carried on with her housework. Jay got a little exasperated and reaffirmed his new status. When her words finally came, " last year you came home and said you were a punk rocker, now you're a Christian, what next and so what?"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For how many years did you pretend to be a regenerate saint, before you decided to pretend to be a Jew?

A chap I know went home and told his mother that he'd become a "Christian". She didn't flinch nor answer, but carried on with her housework. Jay got a little exasperated and reaffirmed his new status. When her words finally came, " last year you came home and said you were a punk rocker, now you're a Christian, what next and so what?"
Shalom.

There is one God. I am a Jew because I wanted to obey all of God's commands and saw no obstacle to so doing.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The obstacle is your sin.
Shalom.

I am talking about obedience. Obedience is not sin. When you are obeying God's commands, why not obey all of them?

What are you meaning or wanting to tell me? What sin do you refer to? I do not know what you are referring to.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

Shalom.

I am talking about obedience. Obedience is not sin. When you are obeying God's commands, why not obey all of them?

What are you meaning or wanting to tell me? What sin do you refer to? I do not know what you are referring to.

Shalom.

Jacob

To keep the law you must do so perfectly. With intents, thoughts, words and deeds. You are unable to do so, because of your sinful nature.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To keep the law you must do so perfectly. With intents, thoughts, words and deeds. You are unable to do so, because of your sinful nature.
Shalom.

What is the role of the Spirit of God, if any, in keeping the Law?

When God commands something, it is possible to be obedient to the (that) command.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

Shalom.

What is the role of the Spirit of God, if any, in keeping the Law?

When God commands something, it is possible to be obedient to the (that) command.

Shalom.

Jacob

The Holy Spirit does not help a man to keep the law. He is the Spirit of Grace.

Jerry Shugart

Are we not enabled to be like the Lord Jesus by the Spirit and does that not enable us to keep the law?:

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Cor.3:18).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Have you read Romans 8:1-4?

Do you differentiate between God's law and God's commands? Would you have said that the Spirit of God helps you to observe or obey God's commands?

Shalom.

Jacob