ECT ONE MORE REASON WHY ISRAEL WAS SET ASIDE !!

DAN P

Very well, brother, perhaps some other day on this subject.

You're complete in Him; that's good enough for me.

Hi and ONLY the right interpretation will satisfy me , so do what you want , seems your pattern , is what you say ??

The scripture is to serious as I give away many of ROBERT C BROCK'S booklets away to many people , all year !!

And could have started a class in my home , long ago !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

Refresh my memory of which view you hold, Danoh the Great.

:e4e:

If you're referring to which view I hold as to Paul's actually intended sense in Rom. 16:26's "scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God" of the three or four different views, I hold that he is referring to his own writings.

As in 1 Cor. 14:37, and other related passages.

It appears Dan P holds my same view on this, thus my asking him about it.

I'm curious about what you base your obviously different, from my own, understanding of that passage on?

SaulToPaul 2

I'm curious about what you base your obviously different, from my own, understanding of that passage on?

Since I believe this mystery is that Christ died for the sins of Jews and Gentiles in the promises, I would point to various old testament references within Romans itself used by Paul to drive this home.

The nuts and bolts of this gospel, 1 Cor 15:1-4, can be found in the prophets and who it is for can be found as well. But Paul put it together into a unit and presented it.

:e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We were not chosen before the foundation of the world. That is not what Eph. 1:4, and its surrounding passages, says.

Yours is what a surface level, or first impression reading will lead one to conclude the passage(s) appear to be saying.

you pretend to know everybody else's level of Bible interpretation ability. Pompous

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi and who did you learn that from ?

Eph 1:4 says , Just as He CHOOSES for Himself in Him BEFORE / PRO overthrow of World us to be holy and without Blemish BEFORE/PRO Him in love !!

#1 , The verb " He hath chosen " is in the PAST TENSE an what is called the AORIST TENSE and means it happened before the creation of the world !!

#2 , The other Greek verb is " should be /EINAI is in the Greek Present TENSE and means we have to be a CONTINUOUS ACTION of being CHOSEN !!

#3 Check G 1586 in STRONG'S to see what CHOSEN means and this means you are dead WRONG in your REPLY .

Only Low informational students believe what you wrote and 2 Tim 1:9 really shoots you down !!

dan p

changed 2 Tin to 2 Timothy 1:9 KJV

Danoh

you pretend to know everybody else's level of Bible interpretation ability. Pompous

:bang:

No, it comes with being throughly furnished in the details of the Mystery - it allows knowing where others are at. This is what 1 Cor. 2:15 is talking about.

Anyone throughly furnished in an understanding of the Mysery will report this same sense of knowing where others are coming from, often from just a few of their assertions.

It is very frustrating to others and comes off to them as arrogance.

Obviously, you have some ways to go, 1 Cor. 3:1, thus your baseless comment.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Consider his point DP.

He wrote "Not necessarily true, Dan P....Paul preached about at least 7 different mysteries, yet there is only one Body."

If I have understood him and heir properly, they hold that Romans 16:26's "scriptures of the prophets" refers to a Mystery salvation preached by Paul that was hidden in the OT.

They also hold that Ephesians 2 is not that salvation.

Thus, his... "Not necessarily true, Dan P....Paul preached about at least 7 different mysteries, yet there is only one Body."

Its why I asked you in another post, DP, if you held to Romans 16:26's "scriptures of the prophets" in the same sense that Brock had held to it - that it is a reference to Paul's own writings.

Thus far, that makes two different views on the sense of that verse, of the three views held.

Fascinating...
The mystery of Christ/ That “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" was a mystery, but "according to the scriptures". It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (a further study of the "our" would be those to whom Paul preached 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to during Acts (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV).

See that it was a mystery here and why God kept it secret here (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

“The mystery of the gospel” is a later revealed mystery that included the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) but now were made fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians…(Ephesians 3:6 KJV). This mystery was testified at a later due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry, the "we" and the "ye" (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) make up the one new man! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...:

Notice: "hid in God" not a mystery “according to the scriptures”.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

heir

TOL Subscriber

He says much of the same about me...
Respectfully, heir, one would be hard pressed to find that taught anywhere by Paul, other than what, admittedly, appears to me is the result of a first impression reading of key passages, their various phrases, and their words, together with a too soon concluding on same, from same, as to their actually intended sense.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The mystery of Christ/ That “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" was a mystery, but "according to the scriptures". It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (a further study of the "our" would be those to whom Paul preached 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to during Acts (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV).

See that it was a mystery here and why God kept it secret here (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

“The mystery of the gospel” is a later revealed mystery that included the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) but now were made fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians…(Ephesians 3:6 KJV). This mystery was testified at a later due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry, the "we" and the "ye" (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) make up the one new man! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...:

Notice: "hid in God" not a mystery “according to the scriptures”.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

great post heir. I wonder how many "views" there will be on that :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

No, it comes with being throughly furnished in the details of the Mystery - it allows knowing where others are at. This is what 1 Cor. 2:15 is talking about.

Anyone throughly furnished in an understanding of the Mysery will report this same sense of knowing where others are coming from, often from just a few of their assertions.

like I said - but can't you take a little ribbing ? :chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm not sure, but I suspect at least one will call it "the result of a first impression reading of key passages". As if I'm just giving things a glance rather than 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJB.

Danoh

I'm not sure, but I suspect at least one will call it "the result of a first impression reading of key passages". As if I'm just giving things a glance rather than 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJB.

You are the Borg; others will be assimilated; resistence is futile :chuckle:

Interplanner

There was no mystery to Israel that a redemptive message was going to the nations, and blessing them along with a blessing for Israel. The mystery in Eph 3:6 falls on the phrase "through the Gospel." It is fulfilled that way, has its activation that way, not through the Law which Israel already had, and already had sent out missionaries.

This is why 'through the Gospel' or 'by faith' or 'in Christ' is contrasted with 'through the Law' all through Paul's debates.

Col 1, 4, Rom 16's mystery are about this same thing. One passage which mentions a mystery but is not about this is I Cor 15 where it merely has to do with how a believer who is still alive is transformed into an eternal life apart from death.

Danoh

There was no mystery to Israel that a redemptive message was going to the nations, and blessing them along with a blessing for Israel. The mystery in Eph 3:6 falls on the phrase "through the Gospel." It is fulfilled that way, has its activation that way, not through the Law which Israel already had, and already had sent out missionaries.

This is why 'through the Gospel' or 'by faith' or 'in Christ' is contrasted with 'through the Law' all through Paul's debates.

Col 1, 4, Rom 16's mystery are about this same thing. One passage which mentions a mystery but is not about this is I Cor 15 where it merely has to do with how a believer who is still alive is transformed into an eternal life apart from death.

Consider, Interplanner, that if (now) two schools within Acts 9 Dispensationalism; the earlier one held by Stam and Jordan, more or less, and this later, Almost Acts 28 Position (same study methods, near similar conclusions) that heir and company hold to - if these two differ on this, I sincerely doubt your view will make your intended impact.

See, Interplanner, within MAD, we each assert that we alone hold the key to all understanding and the peace that can bring between people.

Proof of this?

Even labels, as handy as they can be as a means of identifying and or discussing what can, box, or bottle holds what contents, only end up one more point of contention within MAD :chuckle:

Its been said that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

In a sense that is a kind of a blessed hope a student should ever hold before himself.

In this, I once related that I more or less hold-do not hold a Mid-Acts Perspective.

My point having been my having realized it is best not to set things in stone.

This is needed due to the ever present risk of ending up so in need to be right, that the obvious ends up finding the student no where near ready, when the teacher appears.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Where is GM "coming from?"