ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

God's Truth

Can't even get that right, can ya? :chuckle:

I printed out the scripture. I know the Lord and don't hide from the truth like you do.
You stalling and trying to get out of answering all because I didn't put a '2' before the word 'John'. I posted the whole scripture and glorydazed and you spent time evading the truth.

Read it and weep:

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why don't you say what the scripture says?

Let's hear you explain it.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Because you posted the wrong book, dufus. There's a big difference between John and 2 John.

glorydaz

I printed out the scripture. I know the Lord and don't hide from the truth like you do.
You stalling and trying to get out of answering all because I didn't put a '2' before the word 'John'. I posted the whole scripture and glorydazed and you spent time evading the truth.

Read it and weep:

I don't weep over scripture, I rightly divide it. And, I don't add the word "obedience" to every verse I find. And that commandment, of course, is love. 2 John 1:5

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.​

That's the problem with the law....it does not make men righteous, and love cannot be commanded. It has to be shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Which is what Paul preached....not John.

God's Truth

I don't weep over scripture, I rightly divide it. And, I don't add the word "obedience" to every verse I find. And that commandment, of course, is love. 2 John 1:5

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.​

That's the problem with the law....it does not make men righteous, and love cannot be commanded. It has to be shed abroad on our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Which is what Paul preached....not John.

Paul says it too. HAAHAAAAA
1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

Myrrhcask

First let's confirm that you are questioning the scripture that says those who love God are known by Him, correct?

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Those who love God by obeying Him are known by Him.

AND, it is the only way we know Him.

Your misunderstandings lead you into all kinds of false accusations.

You love God by loving your neighbor.
I never question scripture; I only question the motivation of someone who seems to want a passage to mean something that fits their agenda.

It would serve us well to put the verse into context.

1Cor 8. 1-4 And concerning the things sacrificed to idols,
we have known that we all have knowledge:
knowledge puffeth up, but love buildeth up;
2 and if any one doth think to know anything, he hath not yet known anything according as it behoveth [him] to know;
3 and if any one doth love God, this one hath been known by Him.
Young's Literal

(aside to self) So, it seems knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. And if we think we know something, we don't really get it yet. A word to the wise is sufficient.

The verse in question, when translated literally, seems to say that if someone loves God, it is because God has first loved, or known, him--which is an idea I remember from other places in scripture: i.e. we love God because He first loved us. (Knowing and intimacy are often synonymous in scripture.) At least, that is the way I understand it.

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I never question scripture; I only question the motivation of someone who seems to want a passage to mean something that fits their agenda.

2 and if any one doth think to know anything, he hath not yet known anything according as it behoveth [him] to know;
Young's Literal

(aside to self) So, it seems knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. And if we think we know something, we don't really get it yet. A word to the wise is sufficient.

The verse in question, when translated literally, seems to say that if someone loves God, it is because God has first loved, or known, him--which is an idea I remember from other places in scripture: i.e. we love God because He first loved us. (Knowing and intimacy are often synonymous in scripture.) At least, that is the way I understand it.

God first loved "us" is 'us' in general.

God loves His creation as a whole.

God does not even know you unless you love Him by obeying Him.

Read this scripture and believe:

Whoever loves God is KNOWN BY GOD.

Again, so how do we love God to be known by God?

This is how:

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

We love Jesus by obeying his teachings.

The one who loves Jesus will be loved by his Father.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wow that was really so funny hahaha I didn't put a 2 hahaha oh wow how dumb hahaha.

And you want to come here to debate the deep things of God?!
I'm not the one who can't post the right verse number. That's you. And you want to come here and discuss the Bible? That's rich.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Young's Literal

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

Here's something to think about, if you're not aware of it already:

Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

Adam and Eve were placed in a garden, and were given (essentially) one law, "don't partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

What is "the knowledge of good and evil"? It's the law. God told them the only law is to not partake of the law, for in the day they do, they die.

When Moses brought down the ten commandments on two tablets of stone, that day about 3000 people were killed.

Contrast that to the day the spirit was given, about 3000 people were saved on that day.

The law kills, but the spirit gives life.

And we have such trust through Christ toward God.Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:4-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians3:4-6&version=NKJV

The letter is the Law. The Spirit is God.

The law puffs up, in that when people follow the law, they can boast and say "I'm following the law, you're not." But when people are led by the Spirit, there is no boasting, because it's all Him, not us.

Myrrhcask

God first loved "us" is 'us' in general.

God loves His creation as a whole.

God does not even know you unless you love Him by obeying Him.

Read this scripture and believe:

Whoever loves God is KNOWN BY GOD.

Again, so how do we love God to be known by God?

This is how:

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

We love Jesus by obeying his teachings.

The one who loves Jesus will be loved by his Father.

The 1 Cor 8 passage has already been looked at. Something seems to have been lost in translation, that is why I prefer to look at a literal translation.

Jesus is, of course, right. But the spirit of what he says seems different from the spirit of what you say. He is encouraging, whereas it seems you are demanding.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The 1 Cor 8 passage has already been looked at. Something seems to have been lost in translation, that is why I prefer to look at a literal translation.

Jesus is, of course, right. But the spirit of what he says seems different from the spirit of what you say. He is encouraging, whereas it seems you are demanding.

That's what happens when you teach the Law. It's a taskmaster. But when you teach grace, you're teaching Jesus, who is a friend.

God's Truth

That is just an accusation from someone who wants to think the worst of another.

God's Truth

That's what happens when you teach the Law. It's a taskmaster. But when you teach grace, you're teaching Jesus, who is a friend.

That doesn't even make sense what you said.

Aren't you as the madists and say Jesus only taught the old law?!

Do you want me to tell you who is a friend to Jesus, according to Jesus?

It is what I have always preached:

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

God's Truth

How does this sound to you:

Matthew 5:13[ Salt and Light ] “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

Matthew 8:12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Luke 13:28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Luke 14:35 It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

Luke 12:46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. 2 Peter 3:10

Matthew 24:43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

2 Peter 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 16:15 "Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

drbrumley

For [MENTION=3267]GodsTruth[/MENTION]

If I committed some sin -whether in thought, word, or deed, one minute before a fatal car crash - would I go to hell if I did not have time to repent of it? And, please, don't just say that it's up to God without giving me a specific Bible reference.