Obama:Nero?

Selaphiel

Even if he eroded all rights for Christians, he would not be close to Nero. Which rights do you have in mind? Granted, I am no fan of Obama myself, but that is mostly due to his horrendous usage of drones to spread terror and death.
The US is a secular state, there should be no special privilege or rights for the Christian religion. All in all I think that is good thing for the church, a church that is allied with the state ends up compromising its ideals and side with those in power. Martin Luther had an important saying for the church: "They gave our Master a crown of thorns. Why do we hope for a crown of roses?"

IS and Boko Haram, those are little closer to Nero. That is true persecution of Christians

zoo22

What rights has Obama taken away from Christians? I mean we all know he's taken our guns away, he did that what, like his first day in office? But besides taking Christian's guns away from them, what rights has Obama taken away from Christians?

zoo22

Paranoid much? :chuckle:

There were people here who, in 2012, before the election, said Obama would declare a state of emergency/martial law, and call the election off so he would stay in office.

I'm sure there are plenty of nutters saying that same thing about next year... Frantically wrapping their homes in plastic wrap and stockpiling ammunition and cans of green beans, getting ready for the Obama FEMA death camp stormtroopers.

(I don't know why they're stockpiling ammunition seeing that Obama took all their guns away).

Granite

Hall of Fame
There were militia types convinced Clinton would seize a third term and sweep up his foes with black helicopters.

There were paranoids sure Dubya wouldn't leave office either.

Enough already.

bybee

There were militia types convinced Clinton would seize a third term and sweep up his foes with black helicopters.

There were paranoids sure Dubya wouldn't leave office either.

Enough already.

My goodness you are certainly a bossy creature.

Quetzal

My goodness you are certainly a bossy creature.
Again, these sorts of statements wouldn't be necessary if people wouldn't bring them up. Further, it also wouldn't be necessary if people did not allow themselves to be swept into hysteria so easily.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If Obama is "another Nero ", then I'm Godzilla ! This is beyond ludicrous and beyond idiotic . Like him or not, Obama is one of the most sane, rational and reasonable people you could ever imagine .
If you want political lunatics, whack jobs, crazies and terrifying fanatics, they're ALL IN THE REPUGINCAN PARTY !
Ted Cruz , Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry , Rick Santorum,
Louie Gohmert , James Inhofe, Steve King , to name only a handful .
How many people has Obama arrested , tortured and killed ? What crazy acts of sexual excess has he performed in public ?
Sheesh almighty ! Give me a break !!!!!

bybee

If Obama is "another Nero ", then I'm Godzilla ! This is beyond ludicrous and beyond idiotic . Like him or not, Obama is one of the most sane, rational and reasonable people you could ever imagine .
If you want political lunatics, whack jobs, crazies and terrifying fanatics, they're ALL IN THE REPUGINCAN PARTY !
Ted Cruz , Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry , Rick Santorum,
Louie Gohmert , James Inhofe, Steve King , to name only a handful .
How many people has Obama arrested , tortured and killed ? What crazy acts of sexual excess has he performed in public ?
Sheesh almighty ! Give me a break !!!!!

Obviously, I disagree with you.

bybee

Again, these sorts of statements wouldn't be necessary if people wouldn't bring them up. Further, it also wouldn't be necessary if people did not allow themselves to be swept into hysteria so easily.

I will grant that I engaged in a bit of hyperbole. I thought the comparison was interesting.
I'm too old to be hysterical.

Quetzal

I will grant that I engaged in a bit of hyperbole. I thought the comparison was interesting.
I'm too old to be hysterical.
You did more than that. You attempted to make a historical comparison and failed miserably.