No power to save anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
That action is valid baptism. It's not technically required, just that, assuming a person actually understands what baptism is, that they desire to be baptized in such a way that they plan and act in such a way that they themselves are confident that their endeavor will be successful. Death is not to be considered in this endeavor, and I think that's what trips up a lot of people. Your endeavor may be a failure in this life and that's part of the reason that the Church's doctrine is that baptism is not technically required.

It's a . . . real mercy.
I can always tell that a person is confused when they ramble on like THAT and do not include even the tiniest bit of scriptural support.

JosephR

I was told today (among other things) by a "Christian biker", "THE CROSS HAS NO POWER TO SAVE ANYONE.".

:jawdrop:

At Paul's first sending the gospel of Christ was the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV), but by the close of Acts the due time truth that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as it was revealed!

i step. i step arcoss mine fields..

my family they curse me, yet i see... i see

truth i seek and i see i see , but im mad

i try and read on and stay true yo word
spoken by a guy who died..

One love to all whose who stood beside the truth

sceam, photographic//

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You can't remember the date? I don't remember the date I was saved either, but I remember the time/ the moment it happened. Can you recall a time/moment when you were saved? If so, how were you saved?
I said, "I LOVE OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST."

glorydaz

He wrote in ALL CAPS (sorry in advance) and here are a few of the things he brought up:

CONFESS YOUR SINS
ASK FOR FORGIVENESS

THERE MUST BE AN ACTION , ON THE PART OF THE SINNER BEFORE HE IS FORGIVEN

When I told him that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth he returned with, “U CANT BELIEVE WITH OUT CONDITIONS ... WHICH ARE TURNING FROM SIN”.

What a mess he is, huh (not to mention as lost as a ball in a field of tall grass)?

Maybe God's Untruth has bought a chopper. :think:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That's not the gospel of your salvation! This is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV! Paul writes that IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). Is this the first time you have heard it?
Heir, I get it. This isn't color-by-number. I love our Lord, He is my master, and it is only before Him that I stand or fall, not you. 'You want to pretend that your own personal read on the Bible is the standard by which everybody else's faith in the whole world should be judged, go right ahead, but it's not going to sound convincing to most people, and you haven't convinced me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's not the gospel of your salvation! This is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV! Paul writes that IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). Is this the first time you have heard it?

I'll never forget when I understood exactly what the gospel of my salvation is. I let the words of the Bible speak and I let it sink in for understanding. When we do that, there are no contradictions, as heir points out everyday.

Right Divider

Body part
I was honest and correct.
No, you were all of over the road like a car with a double blow-out.

I don't require your approval for what I believe.
And just exactly where did I say that you did? Typical childish emotions from someone that doesn't like to be shown that they're wrong.

I'll be judged just as you will before the judgment seat of our Lord. He will see that we both are being honest here, but only one of us can be correct, and that's me. Not you.
Oh, I guess that I just have to bow to your brilliance.

Please, expound on this from your earlier post:
... It's not technically required, just that, assuming a person actually understands what baptism is, that they desire to be baptized in such a way that they plan and act in such a way that they themselves are confident that their endeavor will be successful....
Where in the world did you get THAT pile of nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.