No power to save anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I was told today (among other things) by a "Christian biker", "THE CROSS HAS NO POWER TO SAVE ANYONE.".

:jawdrop:

At Paul's first sending the gospel of Christ was the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV), but by the close of Acts the due time truth that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth was revealed!

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Most "Christian bikers" I run into face to face or online believe a perverted good news which is no good news at all (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV). They add this, that and the other thing as a step in salvation, but salvation is not a process. It is a leap of faith (Romans 10:17 KJV)! It is believing the event that took place 2000 years before we were ever born! It is trusting the Lord believing the good news of Christ declared by the apostle Paul; that Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! That's THE CROSS! And today it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to ALL MEN!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Don't you think, they probably meant, the Cross has no power to have anyone who doesn't believe?

I preached the cross to him as the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV), he rejected it as all sufficient to save someone and that's what he said in the OP concerning it. He has no business calling himself a "Christian".

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I preached the cross to him as the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV), he rejected it as all sufficient to save someone and that's what he said in the OP concerning it. He has no business calling himself a "Christian".
Oh. Well, what's his idea of a Christian then? I thought John 3:16 was fairly explanatory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Oh. Well, what's his idea of a Christian then?
He wrote in ALL CAPS (sorry in advance) and here are a few of the things he brought up:

CONFESS YOUR SINS
ASK FOR FORGIVENESS

THERE MUST BE AN ACTION , ON THE PART OF THE SINNER BEFORE HE IS FORGIVEN

When I told him that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth he returned with, “U CANT BELIEVE WITH OUT CONDITIONS ... WHICH ARE TURNING FROM SIN”.

What a mess he is, huh (not to mention as lost as a ball in a field of tall grass)?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Maybe he had trouble expressing that he may have meant a wooden cross or tree doesn't do it by itself but Jesus Christ does it. That's the only thing I can think of or he really is totally lost.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV -

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
He wrote in ALL CAPS (sorry in advance) and here are a few of the things he brought up:

CONFESS YOUR SINS
ASK FOR FORGIVENESS

THERE MUST BE AN ACTION , ON THE PART OF THE SINNER BEFORE HE IS FORGIVEN

When I told him that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth he returned with, “U CANT BELIEVE WITH OUT CONDITIONS ... WHICH ARE TURNING FROM SIN”.

What a mess he is, huh (not to mention as lost as a ball in a field of tall grass)?
That action is valid baptism. It's not technically required, just that, assuming a person actually understands what baptism is, that they desire to be baptized in such a way that they plan and act in such a way that they themselves are confident that their endeavor will be successful. Death is not to be considered in this endeavor, and I think that's what trips up a lot of people. Your endeavor may be a failure in this life and that's part of the reason that the Church's doctrine is that baptism is not technically required.

It's a . . . real mercy.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Maybe he had trouble expressing that he may have meant a wooden cross or tree doesn't do it by itself but Jesus Christ does it. That's the only thing I can think of or he really is totally lost.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV -
Unfortunately, as I stated above, I preached the cross and he rejected IT as the power of God to save. He's a believe notter (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) like all of the other religious, but lost so called 'Christians" around the globe. They are not trusting the Lord for salvation, but a number of religious things they do.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, as I stated above, I preached the cross and he rejected IT as the power of God to save. He's a believe notter (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) like all of the other religious, but lost so called 'Christians" around the globe. They are not trusting the Lord for salvation, but a number of religious things they do.

You did your part, now God needs to do his.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That action is valid baptism. It's not technically required, just that, assuming a person actually understands what baptism is, that they desire to be baptized in such a way that they plan and act in such a way that they themselves are confident that their endeavor will be successful. Death is not to be considered in this endeavor, and I think that's what trips up a lot of people. Your endeavor may be a failure in this life and that's part of the reason that the Church's doctrine is that baptism is not technically required.

It's a . . . real mercy.
Sorry, but firstly, there is no "action" (as in our works) required to be saved. Salvation is by grace (Romans 11:6 KJV) through faith. It is the gift of God, not of works (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV).

Secondly, water baptism plays no role in salvation of the believer today or otherwise. When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

*It is a baptism (which is identification) into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-5 KJV)
*a Spirit baptism into Christ, (Galatians 3:27 KJV)
*the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep (Ephesians 4:1-5 KJV)

Right Divider

Body part

It's a . . . real mercy.
What a mess.....

Bradley D

To reject the cross is to reject Christ's sacrifice. His blood sacrifice is the only thing that can save us from our sins. No one can work their way into heaven. That was the Pharisees problem.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You appear to be a product of the system (2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV). Many are. Most of us have testimonies of being in the system before being saved.
Well of course that's how I appear, to you; because your eyes are shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.