New member saying hi.

sydneys

Certainly not Stripe. Those were not my opinions, only speculation. You raised the subject of atheists seeing anger in religious people, I was surprised to note that I had presumed 'spleen', which suggests anger. Then I took the discourse that you had raised further, using objective, non-judgemental language throughout. That really is quite clear from the post. I genuinely think that you probably know more about atheists than I do. I am just one, but based on OldHermit's reply, you talk to loads of them. Currently, I'm fascinated to know if the debates you have with them follow this 'who's got a problem' paradigm. You did deride the constructive approach in your original reply, so does the confrontational approach suit you better? :)

sydneys

I mean, as if I need to ask!

So being a typical leftie I've been all wishy-washy which translates as taking an objective approach if you're actually talking sense. I have generally refrained from expressing any opinions but here's one for a laugh:

Any Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Christian or Sikh who introduced themselves and described their beliefs in the way that I, as an atheist, have, would almost certainly have been greatly offended and upset by some of these replies. I, as an atheist, am expected on the other hand just to roll with the punches. Double standards are evident, therefore, in those replies which try to moderate or deride me. I am not offended or upset, because I have a thick skin. Think how life must be for all those millions of atheists who don't have a thick skin.

But thanks for the friendly replies as well. I'll see y'all on the threads.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Certainly not Stripe. Those were not my opinions, only speculation. You raised the subject of atheists seeing anger in religious people, I was surprised to note that I had presumed 'spleen', which suggests anger. Then I took the discourse that you had raised further, using objective, non-judgemental language throughout. That really is quite clear from the post. I genuinely think that you probably know more about atheists than I do. I am just one, but based on OldHermit's reply, you talk to loads of them. Currently, I'm fascinated to know if the debates you have with them follow this 'who's got a problem' paradigm. You did deride the constructive approach in your original reply, so does the confrontational approach suit you better? :)
I have no idea what you're talking about any more. :)

So being a typical leftie I've been all wishy-washy which translates as taking an objective approach if you're actually talking sense. I have generally refrained from expressing any opinions but here's one for a laugh:

Any Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Christian or Sikh who introduced themselves and described their beliefs in the way that I, as an atheist, have, would almost certainly have been greatly offended and upset by some of these replies. I, as an atheist, am expected on the other hand just to roll with the punches. Double standards are evident, therefore, in those replies which try to moderate or deride me. I am not offended or upset, because I have a thick skin. Think how life must be for all those millions of atheists who don't have a thick skin.

Oh, quit your wailing. :baby:

I aint no monkey

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm a Humanist atheist who takes great interest in all religions and related issues. Recent global events involving religious conflict have inspired me to get involved with discussions, if the discussers will have me. The registration page does give the option of 'atheist', so I am led to assume that atheists can be involved here. I'm from the UK. I appreciate that 'atheist' is still a bit of a dirty word in some other parts of the world. I only wish to be constructive and respectful towards others' beliefs - so I hope that this can be reciprocated.

Thanks for having me - see you on the threads!
:wave2:

Welcome to the forum. As an atheist humanist you will gain the whole world.

Matthew 16:26

IMJerusha

I promise I will do my best to not intentionally offend you. I will not, however, apologize for my faith in the One True God of Judaism and Christianity. Clearly you have made a decision not to believe in Him. I can respect that. It saddens me that you don't believe and I pray that you change your mind. That's the long and the short of it.

joshhuntnm

first day on site

first day on site

hi. first day on the site. I write Bible study lessons that have groups talking. Always interested in another point of view.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
hi. first day on the site. I write Bible study lessons that have groups talking. Always interested in another point of view.

welcomwagon.gif

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm a Humanist atheist who takes great interest in all religions and related issues.
I can understand that.

Recent global events involving religious conflict have inspired me to get involved with discussions, if the discussers will have me.
And yet, last post here on the 29th. :idunno:

The registration page does give the option of 'atheist', so I am led to assume that atheists can be involved here. I'm from the UK. I appreciate that 'atheist' is still a bit of a dirty word in some other parts of the world.
Eh, we have a number of atheists and agnostics milling about, painting rainbows on tombs. They get along with the rest of us well enough for the most.

I only wish to be constructive and respectful towards others' beliefs - so I hope that this can be reciprocated.
Depends on the poster. I respect the right to hold a belief and an opinion that's well considered. Close enough?

Thanks for having me - see you on the threads!
:wave2:
And yet...maybe we will. Up to you.