Nasty locker room talk .vs. third world callousness

ClimateSanity

From various prog comments here, it seems a person who objectifies women sexually in manly braggadocio is irredeemable and the worst kind of person in the world.

What would these people say of those men who would never dream of objectifying women sexually but have it within their power to save thousands of third world lives and decide that a contribution to world government and liberal politics is the best way to deal with it?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Arthur Brain

From various prog comments here, it seems a person who objectifies women sexually in manly braggadocio is irredeemable and the worst kind of person in the world.

What would these people say of those men who would never dream of objectifying women sexually but have it within their power to save thousands of third world lives and decide that a contribution to world government and liberal politics is the best way to deal with it?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Not even sure what actual point you're trying to make here. What has finding a woman beautiful or sexually attractive got to do with your latter? It's like you're conflating two separate issues where your main beef is with what people may (?) have said about you?

I like beautiful women, ain't gonna deny it but I see third world atrocities as a completely separate issue to address independently.

ClimateSanity

Not even sure what actual point you're trying to make here. What has finding a woman beautiful or sexually attractive got to do with your latter? It's like you're conflating two separate issues where your main beef is with what people may (?) have said about you?

I like beautiful women, ain't gonna deny it but I see third world atrocities as a completely separate issue to address independently.
This isn't about me. It's about Trump.

ClimateSanity

Is this nasty talk really the mark of a totally unregenerate man?

Let's look at a person who would never even consider such a conversation.

ClimateSanity

Well, that wasn't clear.

Do you at least criticize his derogatory remarks? Putting allegations aside, can you at least agree that what he said was pathetic?
What he said was in line with his WWE career. That's part and parcel of those peoples lifestyle. It's crude, but it cannot be taken seriously. It only becomes something more ugly when it put in a more public forum where women will take such remarks as genuine.

ClimateSanity

Is that person capable of caring for the poor around him? Is he capable of compassion?
Can he love his wife and children and treat them with respect?

ClimateSanity

On the other hand....let's look at the more dignified man who finds it ghastly to talk about women in a sexually degrading way.

Does the quality make it likely he loves his wife and children and has compassion for the poor around him?

Arthur Brain

What he said was in line with his WWE career. That's part and parcel of those peoples lifestyle. It's crude, but it cannot be taken seriously. It only becomes something more ugly when it put in a more public forum where women will take such remarks as genuine.

Hang on, the remarks I presumed you were referring to were the ones where he was caught on tape making comments that he thought were in private. His 'career' would be entirely irrelevant, and having a friendship with Vince McMahon equally so. The antics in WWE are a joke all ends up but that's not what's under discussion here.

ClimateSanity

Hang on, the remarks I presumed you were referring to were the ones where he was caught on tape making comments that he thought were in private. His 'career' would be entirely irrelevant, and having a friendship with Vince McMahon equally so. The antics in WWE are a joke all ends up but that's not what's under discussion here.
I'm not following you.

ClimateSanity

Jesus said that to who much is given, much is expected.

What would you say of the women respecter who has the means to help thousands of desperately poor but puts that responsibility on world government and thinks a check fulfills his responsibility?

Arthur Brain

Is that person capable of caring for the poor around him? Is he capable of compassion?
Can he love his wife and children and treat them with respect?

If we're still going with Trump here then I'd have to say no given how he's treat people and his remarks in regards to his own daughter no less...