Myths About Liberals And Liberalism

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Thanks, but there's nothing more to pursue. It was over the minute she presumed that I was being presumptuous when I said a woman I know is presumptuous. It was self-defeating.

Also, it was three-layer-deep presumpception - wild!

It was over the minute you couldn't see that you were being presumptuous about a relationship you weren't privy to. ("So presumptuous, right?")

Also I suppose it's a good thing your acquaintance doesn't know you're gossiping about her online.

glassjester

Why?

Why do you consider it to be a "good thing" that an anonymous person who doesn't post here isn't aware that her particulars are being discussed anonymously?

And I'd hardly call anything I've said of her, "particulars."

I might as well have simply said, "I know a presumptuous person."
I wonder if even that would have been too presumptuous of me to say.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And I'd hardly call anything I've said of her, "particulars."

I might as well have simply said, "I know a presumptuous person."
I wonder if even that would have been too presumptuous of me to say.

Wouldn't you love to unscrew Anna's skullcap and take a poke around in there and try to make sense of the wiring? :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Whites who use the nword don't believe in racial superiority either as I've discovered listening to them.
You don't discover a rule by anecdote. That's part of your larger problem. You confuse any bias confirming experience with something greater. It isn't.

The word has a history with white people and usage. It's uniformly degrading. Find another word and live with the disappointment of not being entitled to that one.

glassjester

You don't discover a rule by anecdote. That's part of your larger problem. You confuse any bias confirming experience with something greater. It isn't.

The word has a history with white people and usage. It's uniformly degrading. Find another word and live with the disappointment of not being entitled to that one.

"Neighbor" works.

ClimateSanity

Why?

Why do you consider it to be a "good thing" that an anonymous person who doesn't post here isn't aware that her particulars are being discussed anonymously?
Nobody knows who she is. Nobody knows who glass is. She calls that gossip? Not only does she put perfume on her evil deeds, but she makes evil deeds out of perfectly innocent actions.

ClimateSanity

It's not an anecdote. I've encountered many whites who use the nword and they never show racial superiority. Whites who use the nword are denigrating a culture....not a race.

glassjester

Whites who use the nword are denigrating a culture....not a race.

To a degree, you're correct. Many white people use the "n-word" to indicate that a person is black and some undesirable characteristic. This is evidenced by the fact that they will say that not all black people are "n-words."

It is also likely, though, that many white people do use the word to mean any black person.

It's not an anecdote. I've encountered many whites who use the nword and they never show racial superiority.

However, this is the very definition of anecdotal evidence.