My daughter's sketches.. Part 2

PureX

The BEST advice for creative endeavors is to simply practice, practice, practice. If writing, write more. If drawing, draw more. If singing, sing more. If it is photography, snaps loads of pictures.
Did you see me suggest somewhere that she stop drawing? No. All I'm saying is that art is not just a display of craftsmanship, it's also (and much more-so) a display of creativity and individual expression.

My guess is that you're an illustrator or hobbyist that thinks he's an artist.

Lon

Did you see me suggest somewhere that she stop drawing? No. All I'm saying is that art is not just a display of craftsmanship, it's also (and much more-so) a display of creativity and individual expression.
Now that you've seen it, I'll edit it. Imitation is a GREAT way to continue honing one's abilities and keep that interest.

My guess is that you're an illustrator or hobbyist that thinks he's an artist.
'Were.' I told you why I didn't do it any longer. Hilston, btw, is an illustrator and really good at it!

PureX

Now that you've seen it, I'll edit it. Imitation is a GREAT way to continue honing one's abilities and keep that interest.
Imitation is a great way not to make art. If one wants to be an artist, one should make art. There is no practice to it. You can't wait till you're "good" at it. You have to just do it and let others decide what they think is "good" or not.

Lon

You have to just do it and let others decide what they think is "good" or not.
I don't even think you have to do that, even if someone said they didn't like mine :) Your woodwork exceptional and you do well with utensils and paper as well.

PureX

I don't even think you have to do that, even if someone said they didn't like mine :) Your woodwork exceptional and you do well with utensils and paper as well.
Thanks.

None of these are about the skills required to produce them, however. They are about how I experience and understand life. That's what artists share with us. The skills, techniques, etc., are just a means to achieve that end.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My 14yr old son has the same gift... Yet, I'm limited to drawing stick figures!!

That is amazing. He is sure gifted.

PureX

Lon, I just happened to re-read your post #19 and realized that I'd taken issue with something you had not actually even said. And I want to say I'm sorry about that. I don't know where my head was at that day!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lon, I just happened to re-read your post #19 and realized that I'd taken issue with something you had not actually even said. And I want to say I'm sorry about that. I don't know where my head was at that day!

Nice of you to notice that and apologize. :)

rainee

Yes well Purex can get a tech touchy but he can be a good x most times, imho
(i just couldn't say he was a good P ) :eek: