Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Couldn't fit them all in the first post so here are a few more that she's done. It's hard for me to pick a favorite but I think it's the eye.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pic of the girl behind the sketches

Pic of the girl behind the sketches

This is my beautiful daughter, responsible for all those sketches, Mackenzie.

Ok, OK... yes I know I'm getting a little too carried away with all the proud mom stuff. Can't help it. Help me out here, Moms...you know when you like to brag on your kids.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Couldn't fit them all in the first post so here are a few more that she's done. It's hard for me to pick a favorite but I think it's the eye.

i see a bit of "japanese" style animation. quite skilled, bright future - :patrol:

Well, not animation, but a few of those first drawings remind me of certain styles, like speed racer and full metal alchemist cartoons

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Very talented indeed, her sketches of the girls look very much like they are inspired by Japanese Manga-Anime style of works.

!B5Gu37w!2k~$(KGrHqYOKiIEy(tZNKohBMsbpScJWg~~_35.JPG

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Wow. I am really impressed. She is quite skillful and her drawings are evocative.

Hope you can protect her heart and channel her talents and by doing so teach your child to protect and channel herself.

Artistic temperaments don't always survive in a world built on rationalism, logic and literalism.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
She already has an identifiable style, and is clearly comfortable with it, which is why the sketches seem alive.

Nice work.

Lon

e
Eyes, tears and sobbing...do you think this is healthy?
As a teenage girl? Yes, healthy. :chuckle: You'll have to take parent's word for it on this one, Truster.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
That's right. Quite normal for teens to write/draw about conflict and unhappiness. Unless it's carried to extremes, completely normal.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
e
As a teenage girl? Yes, healthy. :chuckle: You'll have to take parent's word for it on this one, Truster.

Exactly. She's your average teenaged girl, expressing herself with different styles of sketches. Don't read too much into it than it deserves. She's a good healthy girl. :)

oatmeal

A heart devoted to serving God will do well

Colossians 3:17,22-24

Ecclesiastes 9:10

Colossians 3:2

PureX

Your daughter's skills are excellent. Very advanced for her age. But she's mostly copying the rendering styles of others, not developing her own. If she's interested in art, perhaps gently suggest to her that she try and express her own feelings in the way she draws, not just through the choice of images that she draws.

I'm not saying this to be critical or derogative. I'm just sharing an observation from a trained artist with many years at the wheel. Her skills are excellent, which is why I think she'd be ready to explore those capabilities while expressing more of herself. Maybe remind her that she is a cherished being, and therefor has much of value to share with the world. And because of her skills, art could be a way for her to do that … if she wished. If not, that's perfectly OK. Creativity needs to be nurtured, never forced.

Lon

The BEST advice for creative endeavors is to simply practice, practice, practice. If writing, write more. If drawing, draw more. If singing, sing more. If it is photography, snaps loads of pictures.

I do not work professionally simply because I don't want what I do in enjoyment to become a job necessity. I could have followed my boss into it full-time as he is, but I don't like every aspect of it in a job related field, nor the pressure of having to do something I enjoy, on demand, when I might lose that joy. I rather do art in my spare time and love it all by itself.

Last edited: