ECT Musterion is typically mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

The behavior on 'wonder why...' thread is the typical dictatorial stance of D'ism. I think there is a 'teacher' class or 'expert' class that 'needs' a system to protect itself.

He is completely wrong about me, and what I think about justification. Gal 2:20.

musterion

Tet insists that the lost can be saved simply by believing only John 3:16 or Romans 10:9-10...that knowing about the DBR for our sin and justification, as Paul said, is not necessary. You seemed to agree with him on that. If you didn't, I misread you and I'll apologize.

DO you agree wih him on that point?

musterion

ruprecht_steve_martin_top10films.jpg

DAN P

The behavior on 'wonder why...' thread is the typical dictatorial stance of D'ism. I think there is a 'teacher' class or 'expert' class that 'needs' a system to protect itself.

He is completely wrong about me, and what I think about justification. Gal 2:20.

Hi and I looked at Gal 2:20 and just where is the Greek word JUSTIFICATION / DIKAIOSIS found in Gal 2:20 and I see 8 other Greek verbs !!''

Will you explain < BLOVIATER !!

dan p

musterion

I agree, Mayor. I suggest IP try to hit him, in the stomach, and see. It didn't work on Big Barn, so I reckon it won't work with musty!

Hey! That's how Houdini died!

Hmpf. The noive of some people.

Don't see where IP has answered my humble query.

Interplanner

Hey! That's how Houdini died!

Hmpf. The noive of some people.

Don't see where IP has answered my humble query.

Do you mean Tet believes in those verses as though they had superstitious / talisman powers? I doubt it. We are only on written pages of internet, so give the benefit of the doubt when you are assessing nuances. He meant the work Christ did.

musterion

Do you believe, as Tet does, that a lost person can be forgiven and Justified by believing only John 3:16? If he knew nothing else about Christ except that one verse, would believing it save him?

Interplanner

Not in a magical, mantra sense, but it does have enough doctrine for a person to believe. So does "God made him to be sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him." So does "This is love; not that we loved God but he loved us and gave himself up to be the propitiation for our sins."

musterion

I'm asking you about John 3:16, which contains none of that doctrine but which Tet says is by itself sufficient to save a lost person if they believe it.

So I ask you again, do you agree with him?

Interplanner

Yes it contains that doctrine. God loved the world, so he sent his son as a sacrifice for sins.

What you are missing is the apostles powerful preaching of the resurrection. It is not merely that it happened. It is that Christ's resurrection is proof of God's approval on our behalf. His life was perfect enough to pay our debt. That's why the Rom 10 on 'that God has raised him from the dead' is disclosing more than you think.

I don't trust YOUR comprehension of these things at this point, so I'm a bit amused that you think you have Tet over a barrel.

Interplanner

They might not know its the DBR, that's how. But they know God needs to have a perfect sacrifice from a perfect human. So 'behold the lamb of God' goes as far as needed.

Do you know the Lewis story of the little girl who saw some red bugs and shrieked and her mother pulled her away because they were poisonous. Well, 15 years later, she is a nurse and knows that 'poison' is not just ugly red bugs, but can be found in nicely packaged sophisticated containers, and beyond that that poison is FATAL. She did not know what Agent Orange was as a little girl, but did she know that poison was FATAL? Absolutely.

musterion

Please respond to the point. If at least some knowledge of the death burial and resurrection of Christ is necessary for salvation, how can someone be saved by believing only John 3:16, as Ted insisted last night? It hadn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.