More leftist hypocrisy, nicely illustrated

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
1. I think it's silly for you to pretend that your level of "comfort" or "distaste" for something doesn't play a role in your opinion on it, particularly sans hard evidence
I think it's a lazy tell, attacking and ascribing to the messenger when the message is the point. My argument is neither religious, sentimental, nor depends on anyone's belief about when right is vested, including my own. The only required point is our common recognition of a) the right and b) its inviolate nature within the circumstances considered.

2. You got a bit too hung up on the word choice (I was just avoiding the word "force" as that creates quite the stir here). Here's the issue: if your inconvenience impacts an individual's life significantly, then you better have a good reason for it existing. So far, you have only given suppositions for why it should exist. That's not good enough for me, and it certainly isn't good enough for those women
You keep making the same mistake you made with some scientists, assuming a foundation. Again, no such consideration exists where the right of the unborn is established. Inconvenience can't control.

I've given examples that include your own conduct on the point. No one is going to allow a woman to end the life of a child she would otherwise give birth to tomorrow because she feels horribly inconvenienced. Why? Because we recognize the right of that unborn and that recognized right obliterates the lesser consideration. People with widely differing notions on when that right began will unify their actions and opinions at some point along that chronological line of being.

So inconvenience is really not much more than throwing intellectual sand into the air to obscure the argument and point. Saying, "We cannot know if we do harm but we can know we inconvenience" may illicit compassion, but it cannot control the argument.

And the point remains that however you or I feel about it, neither of us can demonstrate a point of belief that isn't reduced to a subjective valuation.

Once that sinks in you have to recognize an error you're making above. You're presuming the right doesn't exist and that the inconvenience controls absent a proof that the right does, a thing no one can provide.

But if that's your standard then the woman who would end the life of her unborn the very day it would otherwise be delivered should be as free to do so--and neither of us agree that should be allowed, I'd hope.

And so my argument.

How can you convince these women that they SHOULD take on such a heavy burden, when there is no empirical reason for them to?
The same way you would an hour before delivery.

MrDante

The brain is forming in the first trimester. No one can say when the brain becomes "self-aware". Even an educated guess is still a guess.

not at all. We can detect and measure brain activity in a fetus. The fetal brain doesn't begin to produce electrical impulses at 12 weeks and brain activity doesn't start until some weeks later.

MrDante

You obviously don't see and don't know about English and punctuation.
ZIt has been my experience that forum posters who complain about punctuation do so because they have nothing better to say.

Every single human that has ever lived started as a single cell that was conceived from one egg and one sperm, save Adam and Eve (and perhaps Jesus).

So what?

MrDante

No, that's your bias obscuring your method. Or, it's the assumption you don't know you're making that leads you to the seemingly inevitable conclusion that needn't actually be. To be clearer, it's the things you have decided qualify life for protections and the investment of right that are missing in part or entirely. But that assignment of value is no more or less arbitrary as a founding point than the fellow who ascribes to the position that life begins with breath, or at conception.

Is there a mind at conception? No.
Is there a personality at conception? No.
Memories? No.
Directed will? No
The ability to relate with anther? No.

MrDante

So the organism was previously not human? And then turned into a human?

"Science" determined this?

You're talking crazy, dude.

This organism:

hqdefault.jpg

was previously a human and now it is not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is there a mind at conception? No.
Is there a personality at conception? No.
Memories? No.
Directed will? No
The ability to relate with anther? No.

The PROCESS of life begins at conception. That was the process that God engineered to create living beings. If that process is interfered with, by man, through abortion that, would be considered MURDER.