Modern Day Pharisaism

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Christians fall into a state of blind panic when they hear the words "law of God".

Contrast this with the Jewish attitude about God's laws:

Do not hide Your commandments from me.
My soul breaks with longing
For Your judgments at all times.
Psalm 119:20

Teach me, O Y-H-W-H, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Psalm 119:33-35

For I have hoped in Your ordinances.
So shall I keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.
And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,

And I will meditate on Your statutes.
Psalm 119:43-48

Teach me Your statutes.
The proud have forged a lie against me,
But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
Their heart is as fat as grease,
But I delight in Your law.
It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.
The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

Psalm 119:68-72

I know, O Y-H-W-H, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
Psalm 119:75-77

Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
For they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.
102 I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.
Psalm 119:97-104

Revive me, O Y-H-W-H, according to Your word.
Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord,
And teach me Your judgments.
My life is continually in my hand,
Yet I do not forget Your law.
The wicked have laid a snare for me,
Yet I have not strayed from Your precepts.
Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever,
For they are the rejoicing of my heart.

I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes
Forever, to the very end.
I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.
You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word.
Depart from me, you evildoers,
For I will keep the commandments of my God!
Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
Hold me up, and I shall be safe,
And I shall observe Your statutes continually.
You reject all those who stray from Your statutes,
For their deceit is falsehood.
Psalm 119:107-118

For they (the Christians) have regarded Your law as void.
Therefore I love Your commandments
More than gold, yes, than fine gold!

Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things
I consider to be right;
I hate every false way.
Psalm 119:126-128

I opened my mouth and panted,
For I longed for Your commandments.
Psalm 119:31

Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,
And Your law is truth.
143 Trouble and anguish have overtaken me,
Yet Your commandments are my delights.
Psalm 119:142-143

Princes persecute me without a cause,
But my heart stands in awe of Your word.
I rejoice at Your word
As one who finds great treasure.
I hate and abhor lying,
But I love Your law.
Psalm 119:161-163

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination."

Prov 28:9

Elia,

I am always edified by the scripture you post. I am also edified by the Law. I simply believe we understand it differently.

You post at length, for this I know you devote yourself to scripture.

I also note that you venture into the 27 books of the gospel and the other epistles and writings to strengthen your stance in encouragement and argument.

Your heart is right in the matter.

You truly Love God and want to guide.

In these things, I respect you!

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Elia,

I am always edified by the scripture you post. I am also edified by the Law. I simply believe we understand it differently.

You post at length, for this I know you devote yourself to scripture.

I also note that you venture into the 27 books of the gospel and the other epistles and writings to strengthen your stance in encouragement and argument.

Your heart is right in the matter.

You truly Love God and want to guide.

In these things, I respect you!

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Bs'd

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

chair

Chair, chair chair now.
After the Babylonian captivity Jewish idolatry ceased to be a problem...

I will consider answering this after you address my point. To remind you:
The Oral Law existed in the time of Jesus, but the Mishna itself was put together by Rabbi Judah the Prince, who died around 217 AD. Most of the Rabbis quoted in the Mishna lived after the destruction of the Temple (70 AD) or even later- after the Bar Kochba rebellion. Rabbi Akiva and his students are a good example.

Even a quick check of the wikipedia will tell you these things.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mishnah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbi_Akiva

Chair

God's Truth

Bs"d

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

James 2

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

You got that right about having to obey.

Now obey Moses. Come to the High Priest and come through the blood of the Lamb. You will have a temple, you will be the temple of the Living God.

God's Truth

GT,

It is you that do not repent. By denying that your flesh is imperfect, you deny your need for Jesus.

By demanding that Salvation comes from obedience, you deny the power of faith.

You think yourself well, so in doing so you deny your need for the GREAT PHYSICIAN.

How do you eat the bread from heaven?

God's Truth

Bs"d

So that means you don't have a tent/Temple.

Of course you can call a duck an elephant, but that is the same idiocy as saying that a body is a tent.
Isaiah refers to his body as a tent.
Why do you mock Isaiah?

Isaiah 38:12 Like a shepherd's tent my house has been pulled down and taken from me. Like a weaver I have rolled up my life, and he has cut me off from the loom; day and night you made an end of me.

2 Corinthians 5:1 [ Awaiting the New Body ] For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

2 Peter 1:13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,

So that means you don't have a high priest. A carpenter dead for 2000 years who wasn't even a descendant of Aharon doesn't count of course.

You mock God.

Psalm 110:4
The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Calling a human a "lamb" is the same nonsense as calling a body a tent.

Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Human sacrifices are absolutely forbidden in the Torah.

Isaiah 53:11 After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.
So what you have is nothing.

I have proven with scripture the truth.

You are the one with nothing.

You have no tent or temple.

You have no High Priest.

You have no Lamb.

You know you do not obey Moses. He is your accuser.

God's Truth

Bs"d

You mean that Moses says that we have to accept your messiah??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Do you think all people are blind and do not see that you have no High Priest, no temple, and no animal sacrifice?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Bs"d

You replace God's laws with paganism. You are a lawless pagan.

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination."

Prov 28:9

No we replace our stony hearts with hearts of flesh. The Spirit of God has come upon us.

....strange to hear Jews talk about others refusing to listen to God...God Himself says of you that you are a stiffnecked rebellious people.

Elia

What does bs'd mean?

Lol and embarrassed to ask, but there it is.

Bs"d

The above is an abbreviation of the Aramaic expression "Ba siata desmaya", and that means: "With the help of Heaven".

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Elia

No we replace our stony hearts with hearts of flesh. The Spirit of God has come upon us.

....strange to hear Jews talk about others refusing to listen to God...God Himself says of you that you are a stiffnecked rebellious people.

Bs"d

The Jews are not perfect, therefore the Jews sometimes get punished.

But there is always a core of observant Jews that keep the faith going.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Elia

Do you think all people are blind and do not see that you have no High Priest, no temple, and no animal sacrifice?

Bs"d

No I don't think so.

But I know that God says that the Temple will be rebuild, and the animal sacrifeces will be reinstated again, as we can see in Zechariah 14:20, Malachi 3:1-4 and Ezekiel 43.

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Elia

Isaiah refers to his body as a tent.
Why do you mock Isaiah?

Isaiah 38:12 Like a shepherd's tent my house has been pulled down and taken from me. Like a weaver I have rolled up my life, and he has cut me off from the loom; day and night you made an end of me.

Bs"d

I hope you are not mixing up a metaphor with reality??

You mock God.

God forbid I'll ever mock the one and only true God Y-H-W-H!

But mocking a dead carpenter who claimed he was God is no problem.

Psalm 110:4
The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

A high priest has to be a descendant of Aharon. And that is of course not a priest according to the order of Melchitsedek.

Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

The word "LIKE" indicates that it was not a lamb that went to slaughter.

A human is not a lamb, just like he is not a tent.

Nor a temple.

Isaiah 53:11 After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.

For what is going on in Isaiah 53 look HERE.

[qoute]
I have proven with scripture the truth. [/quote]

You didn't prove anything.

You are the one with nothing.

You have no tent or temple.

You have no High Priest.

You have no Lamb.

The pagans never had anything like that.

We'll get back the Temple and the sacrificial service.

You know you do not obey Moses. He is your accuser.

We are the only ones obeying Moses.

Nobody else does.

Elia

You got that right about having to obey.

Now obey Moses. Come to the High Priest and come through the blood of the Lamb. You will have a temple, you will be the temple of the Living God.

Bs"d

In case you didn't notice yet; there is no high priest right now, because there is no Temple.

A human being being the Temple is utter idiocy.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

God's Truth

Bs"d

In case you didn't notice yet; there is no high priest right now, because there is no Temple.

A human being being the Temple is utter idiocy.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Just stop saying you obey Moses then.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
How do you eat the bread from heaven?

Like the Children of Israel. I trust it to be there every day I wake up.

God's Truth

Bs"d

I hope you are not mixing up a metaphor with reality??

You put what is earthy over what is heavenly.

You put what is fleshy over what is spiritual.

God forbid I'll ever mock the one and only true God Y-H-W-H!

That is what you are doing.

But mocking a dead carpenter who claimed he was God is no problem.

Jesus is the last Prophet that spoke to the Jews. They always killed their Prophets.

A high priest has to be a descendant of Aharon. And that is of course not a priest according to the order of Melchitsedek.

Your mere denial means nothing.

The word "LIKE" indicates that it was not a lamb that went to slaughter.

Think for yourself, what is better, the blood of an animal, or the blood of the Son of God?

A human is not a lamb, just like he is not a tent.

Nor a temple.

I already gave you you scripture where Isaiah refers to his body as a tent.

For what is going on in Isaiah 53 look HERE.

[qoute]
I have proven with scripture the truth.

You didn't prove anything.

You merely saying I did not prove anything means NOTHING. I gave scripture and all you gave is saying no. You just are not that powerful.

We are the only ones obeying Moses.

Nobody else does.

Only a liar would say the Jews who reject Jesus are obeying Moses.

God's Truth

Leviticus 4:35 They shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the lamb of the fellowship offering, and the priest shall burn it on the altar on top of the food offerings presented to the LORD. In this way the priest will make atonement for them for the sin they have committed, and they will be forgiven.

You have no priest. You have no tent with the Spirit of the Lord. You have no lamb.

You do not obey.

Your sins are not forgiven.