Mitt Fumbles the Base

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm wondering what aCW thinks of the election results where three states passed same-sex marriage laws, and a fourth defeated an attempt to constitutionally ban SSM.

aCW knows that our nation will reap what it sows, but hey, I can mock evil with the best of em, and bet that I will.

The world is becoming a better place, and I bet aCW doesn't like it!

So murdered babies in the womb, deadly sexually transmitted diseases and recreational drug legalization makes the world a better place?

Twisted thinking there FK.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
They (RNC) must like losing elections. :chuckle:

Don Feder wrote an excellent article about that topic, I'll share excerpts from it:

Mitt The Mild – Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And Deficits, Deficits, Deficits, Lose, Lose, Lose

"How do you blow an election when your opponent presided over the worst economy in memory – unemployment has hovered at 8% for almost four years; the price of gas has doubled; the national debt has grown by a third; long-term unemployment is up 87%; the number of Americans in poverty increased by 6.4 million; and the president’s signature initiative (Obamacare) has been consistently opposed by a majority of Americans since it passed two and a half years ago?

How do you lose an election to an incumbent whose foreign policy consists of cringing, kowtowing and abject apologies – a foreign policy defined by the body of an American ambassador being dragged through the streets of a Third World sinkhole?

How do you manage to screw up a presidential campaign two years after your party sweeps into power in the House of Representatives with the largest majority in over 60 years and takes most of the swing-state governorships? How do you engineer such a catastrophe with one of the greatest populist movements in American history – the Tea Parties – at your back?

Every time conservatives let the Republican establishment pick our presidential candidate, we lose: Gerald Ford in 1976, George H.W. Bush in 1992, Dole in 1996 and McCain in 2008.

The GOP elite believes it has a God-given right to bestow the party’s presidential nomination as it thinks best, while the role of the conservative activist base is to respectfully touch our forelocks and fall in line. It favors candidates who are committed to being non-controversial, who live in abject fear of offending the mushy middle, who confine disagreements with their opponents to economic issues and me-too furiously elsewhere. The results are predictable. The result is Mitt Romney...

Read more:
http://www.grasstopsusa.com/df110812.html

PureX

Personally, I think it's the extremist "base" that's the problem for republicans, now, not the other way around. It's their fundamentalist religious base that's too out of step with the rest of the country, and as long as the republican party keeps trying to hold onto that extremist base, they're going to continue to lose elections. And my guess is that they're just now starting to fully realize this. They need to run moderates if they want to win elections, but their religious fundamentalist "base" won't accept any moderates. And what's worse, if they keep pushing extremist legislation, and spouting off religious extremist ideology (as with the whole rape/pregnancy fiasco) as they have been, they're going continue to lose legislative seats, too. And I think they are realizing that, as well.

So I suspect that instead of bowing to the religious extremists, as many of you imagine they must do, I think the republican party is going to have to begin distancing themselves from that voting "base", and replacing those extremists with someone new. Perhaps they will decide to make a real effort to gain latino voters, or even conservative black voters. I believe there is support for them in both those communities if they would make the effort to cultivate them. But it's clear that they can't keep leaning more and more to the right, anymore, without losing everyone in the middle. And these days it's those people in the middle who are deciding the elections.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Personally, I think it's the extremist "base" that's the problem for republicans, now, not the other way around. It's their fundamentalist religious base that's too out of step with the rest of the country, and as long as the republican party keeps trying to hold onto that extremist base, they're going to continue to lose elections. And my guess is that they're just now starting to fully realize this. They need to run moderates if they want to win elections, but their religious fundamentalist "base" won't accept any moderates. And what's worse, if they keep pushing extremist legislation, and spouting off religious extremist ideology (as with the whole rape/pregnancy fiasco) as they have been, they're going continue to lose legislative seats, too. And I think they are realizing that, as well.

(In liberalese that means drop the pro life/pro traditional family platform).

So I suspect that instead of bowing to the religious extremists, as many of you imagine they must do, I think the republican party is going to have to begin distancing themselves from that voting "base", and replacing those extremists with someone new. Perhaps they will decide to make a real effort to gain latino voters, or even conservative black voters. I believe there is support for them in both those communities if they would make the effort to cultivate them. But it's clear that they can't keep leaning more and more to the right, anymore, without losing everyone in the middle. And these days it's those people in the middle who are deciding the elections.

(Obviously PureX thinks that Mitt Romney is a right wing extremist).
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3205324&postcount=1883

WizardofOz

Really? That's odd, because just prior to the election, you were predicting that Romney would win.

Romney lost because of a pro-Obama conspiracy :duh:

I'm not sure if the US has become a "Banana Republic" yet, so no, I don't want to bet that Obama will lose, because as shown in my latest thread, the fraud vote is prevalent amongst the Democrats.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87411

I was going to save this one for the thread, but I might as well share it here:

Voter Fraud Alert!: Obama Supporter in NC Brags on Facebook About Voting Multiple Times To Save Country From Romney
http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/...imes-to-save-country-from-romney-2463448.html

That's the mentality we're dealing with in modern day America Aaron.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romney lost because of a pro-Obama conspiracy :duh:

(My my, Aaron is in one of his cantakerous moods tonight).

I realize that just because the demoncrats murder babies in the womb and want to allow drag queens to marry each other, doesn't mean they'd lower themselves and actually cheat to win (for the sarcasm impaired, I've been known to use it on occasion).

Obama’s Army of Illegal Election Workers
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/matthew-vadum/obamas-army-of-illegal-election-workers/

Did B. Hussein Obama win solely due to the fraud vote?

No, I think that the ignoramus vote was a factor as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Personally, I think it's the extremist "base" that's the problem for republicans, now, not the other way around.

That is becauase you are stupid. Romney is a pretty solid liberal. He is somewhat free market, but puts a bunch of the economy in the hands of the government through socialized medicine. And while he himself seems to live coservatively, he endorses liberalism all over the place.

Yet Ronald Reagn crushed Jimmy Carter, and his VP even worse. And Bush 1 walloped Dukakis pretty solid. And then Bush 2 won twice while pretending to be conservative. Bob Dole was a well known liberal, just like Romney and McCain.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Or don't. It is kind of funny when morons like you don't.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I am just stunned by your ignorance. The Republicans have been running moderates and leftists for decades.