Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Book of Life to Justification of Life !

Book of Life to Justification of Life !

Rev 13:8

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

All those whose Names are Written in the Book of Life of the Lamb, they are also by Him, the Lamb, by His act of Righteousness, are entitled to and do receive Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

beloved57

Something to know about 2 Thess 2:13

Something to know about 2 Thess 2:13

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Salvation in this verse does not mean forgiveness of sins, or deliverance from the penalty of sin, for these have already been saved by the Purpose of God 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It could read like this "Who hath saved us according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

This being saved therefore was before the World began [In Christ] and also they had already been saved by the Blood of Christ, already forgiven through the Redemption in His Blood according to Grace Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

However this Salvation is Conversion or being saved from the power or dominion of sin, whereby now they come to acknowledge and believe the Truth, being delivered from error and lies. This also is accompanied by Repentance as in 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Before this, we are captive by the devil Vs 26

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Its a Saving or Salvation that comes by hearing the Truth as here 1 Tim 4:16

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Saving here is also being preserved in the Faith that was once delivered to the Saints Jude 1:3

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

All for whom Christ died shall receive this Saving Work of the Spirit unto the Faith in the Truth !

beloved57

Christ appointed a Kingdom !

Christ appointed a Kingdom !

Lk 22:29

29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Christ being appointed a Kingdom is Election, for the Kingdom is made up of Individuals appointed to Salvation in the Kingdom Matt 25:34

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

That particular individuals are to comprise this Kingdom is certainly implied here Matt 20:20-23

20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

That word prepared is the same word used in Matt 25:34. The Kingdom they shall inherit was prepared for them from the foundation of the World, they were foreknown and appointed to it !

Its also the same Kingdom Daniel mentions here Dan 7:18

18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

They are the ones Jesus said that He appointed them a Kingdom as the Father had appointed Him one Lk 22:29

29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Its the same Kingdom, the same appointment, it comes to the saints through Jesus Christ.

They are the ones who God chose in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4, they were chosen to an Inheritance Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

beloved57

I was found of them that sought me not !

I was found of them that sought me not !

Rom 10:20

20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

This was because of God's purpose of Election in Christ had determined the Salvation of the Gentiles before the World Began, for it was founded in His Eternal Purpose Eph 3:8-11

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

This Eternal Purpose called for God to make manifest Himself to them by the Gospel, and this was not based upon God forseeing that the Gentiles would seek after Him, for its plainly said:

"I was found of them that sought me not" !

The fact is, God sought them through Christ in fulfillment of what James pointed out here Acts 15:15-18

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

And all the Elect among the Nations God shall make manifest; this is the impartation of a Spiritual knowledge and Light to themIsa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Light here in Vs 6 denotes a True Knowledge of God through Jesus Christ 2 Cor 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Thats what Rom 10:20

20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

Thats what it rfers to !

That word manifest comes from the greek word phainō which means:

to bring forth into the light, cause to shine, shed light

2) shine

beloved57

They shall hear my voice !

They shall hear my voice !

Jn 10:14-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

All the Sheep Christ layed down His Life for Vs 15, shall hear His Voice ! Its guaranteed they shall hear His Voice in the Gospel !

This may also be rendered " they shall listen to my voice", but understand something, Christ is only speaking of His Sheep He has Vs 14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Now how can Jesus be so confident that His Sheep, that He lay down His Life for, and Vs 16 He is specifically speaking about His Sheep outside of the jewish ethnicity, how is confident that they shall hear or listen to His Voice ? Lets look at Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Now how does that agree with Jn 10:16 ?

What does it mean everyone that is OF THE TRUTH ? It means being of God or being born of God much like Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

When one is born of God, they listen to God's Representatives 1 Jn 4:6

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

When God's preacher preaches the Gospel to someone who is of God, they shall hear God's words, they shall listen [as to hearken] to His Voice !

Jesus says something very important in this connect to those who are not of God Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

The word cannot in the greek are two words:

The particle ou:

no, not; in direct questions expecting an affirmative answer

And the word verb dynamai:

to be able, have power whether by virtue of one's own ability and resources, or of a state of mind, or through favourable circumstances, or by permission of law or custom

2) to be able to do something

3) to be capable, strong and powerful

And it means not able to do something, not capable of doing something. They lack the ability to hear God's word. Not physically and audible, but spiritually and with understanding !

But, Christ's Sheep, those He layed down His Life for Jn 10:15, they shall hear His Voice, because they shall be born of God when God sends them the Gospel. Paul says as he was now turning to the Gentiles with the Word of Salvation, he stated with confidence Acts 28:28

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Because they are the very ones Jesus said this about Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

beloved57

Those He predestinated,He called by the Gospel !

Those He predestinated,He called by the Gospel !

Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Paul uses that same word called here 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Some of the unleaerned falsely teach that God calls all men without exception by the Gospel to Salvation, however that is false !

God as already pointed out, Calls by the Gospel unto Salvation those whom He predestinated Rom 8:30, which are the foreknown Elect Rom 8:29 and 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

And those who are Called by the Gospel are seen to be Justified.

The same thing, God first Elects or Predestinate before time and then calls in time 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us[By Purpose], and called us [In Time] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This call in time is the Gospel 2 Thess 2:14 and it reveals that we were Saved and Predestinated by the Eternal Purpose of God before the World Began !

beloved57

Grace reigns unto Eternal Life !

Grace reigns unto Eternal Life !

Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thats why Salvation is by Grace, because it reigns through Jesus Christ, His Finished Work !

That Grace reigns unto Eternal Life is very little if at all understood by religionists. The fact of the matter is, that Grace reigns more efficaciously than death. The word reign means:

to be king, to exercise kingly power, to reign

a) of the governor of a province

b) of the rule of the Messiah

c) of the reign of Christians in the millennium

2) metaph. to exercise the highest influence, to control

It sits upon a Throne Heb 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Now understand, death reigned and caused its effects by what adam did Rom 5:12,21

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

That word passed upon means:

passed through unto all men, so that no one could escape its power !

Thats why it is said to have reigned Vs 21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death[By Adam's disobedience], even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

But See the contrast Paul explains, that Grace Reigns by what Jesus Christ did and effected Rom 5:17,21

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

This shall reign in life, actually can be reign into life or by or in the sphere of Life, in other words, they shall live out of that death they received out of adam !

One of the ways Grace Reigns over the Death is by Giving one Life, or to quicken Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved ) Reigning Grace Through Jesus Christ !

Another way is the Effectual Call of Grace, which call brings one out of darkness into Light ! Gal 1:15

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Please understand, this call by reigning Grace is not a mere invitation, but a powerful Divine Summons from or out of Darkness, the darkness of ignorance of unbelief Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Yes, these things show us the reign of Grace through Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Salvation in this verse !

Salvation in this verse !

2 Thess 2:13

Salvation in scripture does not always mean the same thing in each context we find the term.

Here in this verse Salvation does not mean the forgiveness of sins, or the delivery from the penalty of sin, for those aspects of Salvation have already been completed by the Cross of Christ, and even prior to that,in the Purpose of God. The Salvation in view here is conversion, whereby they are delivered from lies and error. This saving is also accompanied by repentance unto the acknowledging of the Truth. The meanings are seen here st saving 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2nd Repentance 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Coming into the Knowledge of the Truth is a saving, a deliverance, a conversion.

The same idea is here as well 1 Tim 4:16

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Again, this has nothing to do with the deliverance from the penalty of sin, that has been accomplished solely by the Blood of Christ. So Salvation in the verse we are viewing is more of an conversion Salvation, from believing error to embracing the Truth !

beloved57

The Gift of God is Eternal Life Rom 6:23

The Gift of God is Eternal Life Rom 6:23

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word gift is the greek word charisma:

a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own

2) the gift of divine grace

3) the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue

4) the economy of divine grace, by which the pardon of sin and eternal salvation is appointed to sinners in consideration of the merits of Christ laid hold of by faith

5) grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers, distinguishing certain Christians and enabling them to serve the church of Christ, the reception of which is due to the power of divine grace operating on their souls by the Holy Spirit

to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

a) to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

b) to grant forgiveness, to pardon

c) to give graciously, give freely, bestow

1) to forgive

2) graciously to restore one to another

3) to preserve for one a person in peril

But now those who would pervert the Grace of God, the Free Salvation of God, which is also Eternal Life, they unlawfully [lawlessness] make the Gift of God into a offer, by which its left up to the sinner to accept the Gift of Eternal Life or Salvation if they are to have indeed have it, but such nonsense as this is only a perversion of the Gospel of God's Grace. The Gift of God is not an offer, but it is something given.

Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Jn 10:28

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

To offer someone something and to give someone something are two entirely different things.

Lets say someone with unlimited power and resources came to you with a substantial amount of money and said, here this is yours if you want it and will receive it from me as a gift. Well at that moment of the offer a decision has to be made in order to make the gift yours , its not rightfully yours until you decide that it will be. Now on the other hand, if that same person took that same amount of money, opened up an account in your name and deposited that substantial amount of money into your account, by which it now legally belongs to you as a Gift, and instead of it being offered to you, later you are informed of that large sum of money that already belongs to you, it was given as a Gift to your account ! Well thats how it works with the Gift of Salvation or Eternal Life, the Gospel is sent to them that have it [The Gift] they already have received it to their account by another, and the Gospel is sent to them not to offer it to them, but to inform them of it, and so its the Good News of their Salvation Eph 1:13 it was a Free Gift given to their account of God, through the Lord Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Phil 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven

Phil 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven

Phil 3:20

20 For our conversation[citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

For Paul of course here meaning believers, have their conversation in heaven, that word means :

the administration of civil affairs or of a commonwealth

2) the constitution of a commonwealth, form of government and the laws by which it is administered

3) a state, commonwealth

a) the commonwealth of citizens

for our commonwealth has its existence in [the] heavens, from which also we await the Lord Jesus Christ [as] Saviour,

But the government that rules us is in heaven. We are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from there.

Now, when did the believer first have citizenship in Heaven ? The True Believer actually had Citizenship in Heaven before they became believers, in fact, its a major reason why they must become believers, they must be born from above from where their Citizenship is with their Saviour.

Yes, their citizenship in Heaven began with being in their risen Saviour and Head, The Lord Jesus Christ, where He is Heaven sets on the Right Hand of God, and in essence, they also as His Body were raised up together with Him and seated together also at the Right Hand of God Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

The Believers believing did not raise them up to sit together with Christ, but their Union with Christ their Head accomplished that, when by God's Power, Christ was raised up from the dead. Eph 1:19-20

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

At that time, all for whom Christ died , were raised up together with Him and seated together with Him at God's Right Hand in the Heavenly Places as stated again Eph 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This is when the Believer first had Citizenship or conversation in Heaven, this was before they believed and forms the basis as to why they must be given to believe !

beloved57

Rom 1:18 Wrath revealed from heaven on who ?

Rom 1:18 Wrath revealed from heaven on who ?

Rom 1:18

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

The wrath of God is upon them who do not receive the Love of the Truth 2 Thess 2:10-12

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They are under God's Wrath and they are condemned Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. Rom 1:18

Now, all whom are now presently under God's Wrath, and are not believing the Truth evidences that, Christ did not die for their sins. This is True because, No one whom Christ died for can be under God's Wrath at anytime, because Christ is their Propitiation 1 Jn 2:2, meaning His Death has already satisfied, appeased God's Wrath in behalf of them, and now God has no cause, reason to have them under His Wrath at anytime, for Christ's sake !

The Reason why these are under God's wrath in Rom 1:18 is because they have been appointed to wrath instead of Salvation 1 Thess 5:9

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath[But others He has], but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

and secondly, They were in the Eternal Purpose of God, made vessels of wrath, to be fitted for destruction Rom 9:21-22

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The Vessels of wrath are born into this world under God's Wrath, and that never changes, they die under His wrath.

The Vessels of Mercy, though just as sinful by nature as the vessels of wrath, are nevertheless never under God's Wrath, but only His Mercy !

beloved57

He freely give us all things?

He freely give us all things?

Rom 8:31-32

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

All for whom Christ died, or for whom He was delivered up for, God is for them, and in giving His Son in Death for all He did, He shall also with Him freely give them or apply to them, or bestow upon them all things.

In other words, these other all things are with or in union with the giving of Christ ! They all come in a package deal !

What does the all things entail or include ? 2 Pet 1:3

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

With the giving of Jesus Christ, God also gave with Him all things needed, to them He delivered up Christ for, all things needed for Life [Spiritual] and godliness. Their Life and Godliness accompanies Christ.

The word godliness is the greek word eusebeia and means:

1) reverence, respect

2) piety towards God, godliness

This comes with the giving of Christ up for all whom He was delivered up for, they have a Life of Piety to God bestowed upon them ! They will be given to fear and reverence God !

With the giving of Christ with Him comes the giving of Godly Repentance toward God. Remember what Paul preached Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Well with Christ is bestowed Godly Repentance toward God 2 Cor 7:9-10

9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

This Repentance is wrought in them by God, thats why its Godly Repentance Jn 3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This Godly Sorrow or Repentance was demonstrated on the day of Pentecost with the crowd Peter preached to Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That word pricked means:

of the emotion of sorrow

There inquiry " Men and brethren, what shall we do?" manifested that Godly Sorrow or Repentance had been wrought in them of God, God the Holy Spirit !

beloved57

He freely give us all things? 2

He freely give us all things? 2

This Godly Sorrow or Repentance was demonstrated on the day of Pentecost with the crowd Peter preached to Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The fact that scripture says, after hearing of their crimes, they grievingly asked " what shall we do ? " this inquiry indicated that Godly Repentance had been given them, and so Peter instructed them in that which would openly give evidence to their Gift of Repentance bestowed upon them, which was to submit to baptism in the name of Him whom earlier they help connive to have Him crucified.

This would be Godly Sorrow or Repentance in action, much like what John the Baptist stated here Matt 3:8

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

This action was given or worked in them by Christ giving of the Spirit upon them Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

It is the Exalted Saviour at the Right Hand of God, who gives to His Elect, Repentance by the Spirit of Grace Poured upon them Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Thats the pricking of the Heart Acts 2:37

beloved57

He freely give us all things? 3

He freely give us all things? 3

Now many have perverted this passage [Acts 2:37-38] of scripture and attempt to make repentance on mans part as a condition to perform along with water baptism in the order to get the Holy Ghost and get saved; because they wrest Acts 2:38 to their own destruction. First of all repentance is given to those He died for Acts 5:31;18:11, not required of them to perform to get saved, then secondly they had already received the Holy Ghost as a Gift poured out on them Acts 2:33;17-21

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Also by that, they already manifested that repentance had been given or a change of mind, by their inquiry "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"

Obviously being under Holy Ghost conviction ! So with that in mind we know Peter could not have meant that their repentance was required as an condition for them to perform before they could receive the Holy Spirit and be saved, for they already had Him working in them at that very time, thats why they had the change of mind; So more than likely what Peter means in the imperative given in Acts 2:38-39 is this, In light of your Holy Ghost given repentance, He shall now abide in you permanently as God's Gift. In other words, since now He has initially begun a good work in you [ Phil 1:6], He shall continue to abide in you forever ! Note: God with giving Christ, also with Him, gives Repentance of Life Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

This is based on God delivering up His Son also for Gentiles Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all[Jew and Gentile Elect], how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Folks, its impossible for Christ to have died for someone and they did not receive automatically Repentance unto Life, or conversion ! Thats one of the all things God freely gives them along with Christ !

beloved57

He freely give us all things? 4

He freely give us all things? 4

Now what about that forgiveness in Acts 2:38 ? That also has been perverted by false teachers, which they wrest this verse to falsely teach that men must perform a condition in order for God to forgive them ! But that simply is not true, in fact forgiveness of sins is given by the risen Christ to His Church, God's Elect, just as Repentance is given them Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now how does He give forgiveness of sins to Israel or the Elect of God ? First of all they have it through His Blood Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Secondly, He gives it by giving them a Spiritual Knowledge of it Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

BTW, Forgiveness of sins is Salvation from the penalty of sin. This Knowledge is given by being preached to them Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Also Acts 13:38

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins

Its preached or proclaimed unto them as a done deal, in Jesus Name, He did it and gives it to you by having it proclaimed or preached to you, its the good news of your Salvation Lk 1:77; Eph 1:13. So repentance and remission of sins are included in some of the all things given with Christ for all whom He died !

beloved57

No Condemnation in Christ Jesus !

No Condemnation in Christ Jesus !

Rom 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

One of the delusions of Religious people today is that they believe that those Christ died for, before they become believers, and while they are being enemies, that they are condemned by God Jn 3:18, however such a belief cannot be further away from the Truth, in fact, none for whom Christ died have ever been condemned by God [save in their Surety Head] Christ Jesus, and they shall never even come into condemnation Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Hence the folly of not believing in Eternal Security !

Many who bare false witness tell us that all men without exception by nature are condemned by God for unbelief, and that even though Christ has died for them and their sins which unbelief is one of, but there is no scripture for such a fable.

Let it be known, anyone who is condemned by God cannot be saved ! God does not save those who are condemned by Him, thats why they are the condemned, because there is no possible Salvation for them, never has been and never will be 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we[Those Christ died for] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

The fact of the matter is this, those who do become believers, do so because they were not condemned Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Believing on Christ is a primary evidence that God does not condemned one because Christ died for that one. If any man is condemned for unbelief, they are as well condemned for all other of their sins, and they shall not see Life, because the wrath of God is abiding on them Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

That shall not see Life is an absolute Promise !! Why ? Because they are condemned by God and under His Wrath.

They shall not see life is God's Decree, His predestination of them, its also in the future tense, so it eliminates any possible change in the future !

Now what is this Life here Jesus is speaking of ? Its Eternal Life as in Lk 18:30

30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Its the Life Jesus means here in Matt 19:17

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Yes, Jesus says that those whom God's Wrath abides on, Shall not see Life, this destroys the lie of universalism that all sooner or later enters into lie eternal !

Now if at anytime in the future one who is now condemned can enter into Life Everlasting,The Son of God is found to be a liar, a false witness.

But those who are in Christ, never have, are not now, nor ever will be in Condemnation !