Mid Acts Disponsationalism

Mid Acts Disponsationalism

• Total voters

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
As rampant as they were in Paul's day - way, way worse than even our worst today - I wonder why he focused on getting people saved while speaking of the ways of the lost as just that - their ways and the eternal punishment it would one day result in.

Your bigotry in your ignorance in this is impressive.

I don't like their ways either; but that is the coarse of this screwed up world God has called us to be longsuffering towards without compromising the Cross as it alone is the only solution; not more and more legislation.

You're far more ready to chastise me and disparage others that you know for certain are in fact Christians than you are perverts and others who openly hate God and who are destroying the society in which you live.

And Paul teaches us to cut off fellowship with sexually immoral people who claim to be believers. He said to not even eat with them and to "turn them over to Satan". But you would rather stigmatize the actual believers and be nice to the perverts on the off chance that they might be believers for fear of offending them!

You've put the whole world under grace and condemn those who actually are under grace! Well I have news for you. The whole world will be judged by the Law - everyone, including you and every murder, sodomite and rapist. The difference will be that some will find their guilt washed away by Christ's substitutionary death and others will be made to pay their sin debt in full.

But you would have us all act as if everyone was already saved! There is no one who is evil, no one is the enemy, no one will ever be condemned. Oh no! Condemnation! That's too harsh! You can't tell anyone that they're a pervert! They may not like you and end up going to Hell! Well Hell is were they're going unless someone tells them that they are evil in a way that's believable. No one reaches for a life preserver if they don't think they in deep water. No one hits the brakes if they don't know the bridge is out. And take a wild stab and who's job it is to sound the warning. Its yours. How many millions will go to Hell because Christians are afraid of hurting someone's feelings and not being liked.

Now, I'm done talking about this for a while. You've made me mad by insulting a great Christian leader that you know nothing about on a website that wouldn't exist if not for his ministry. I'll get over it but if I don't step away I'll end up just making an enemy of you which is not my desire.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Umm.
Danoh and Heir believe in salvation by grace, and not by their own deeds.

Yeah, I know. I seem like a referee.
But it does seem to me that ya'll are talking past each other and accusing the other of believing something they do not.

I don't see Clete claiming that anyone's deeds is what saves them.

So what is the problem here?
Are there some that don't think the dirty homo deed should be considered shameful?

Danoh

You're far more ready to chastise me and disparage others that you know for certain are in fact Christians than you are perverts and others who openly hate God and who are destroying the society in which you live.

And Paul teaches us to cut off fellowship with sexually immoral people who claim to be believers. He said to not even eat with them and to "turn them over to Satan". But you would rather stigmatize the actual believers and be nice to the perverts on the off chance that they might be believers for fear of offending them!

You've put the whole world under grace and condemn those who actually are under grace! Well I have news for you. The whole world will be judged by the Law - everyone, including you and every murder, sodomite and rapist. The difference will be that some will find their guilt washed away by Christ's substitutionary death and others will be made to pay their sin debt in full.

But you would have us all act as if everyone was already saved! There is no one who is evil, no one is the enemy, no one will ever be condemned. Oh no! Condemnation! That's too harsh! You can't tell anyone that they're a pervert! They may not like you and end up going to Hell! Well Hell is were they're going unless someone tells them that they are evil in a way that's believable. No one reaches for a life preserver if they don't think they in deep water. No one hits the brakes if they don't know the bridge is out. And take a wild stab and who's job it is to sound the warning. Its yours. How many millions will go to Hell because Christians are afraid of hurting someone's feelings and not being liked.

Now, I'm done talking about this for a while. You've made me mad by insulting a great Christian leader that you know nothing about on a website that wouldn't exist if not for his ministry. I'll get over it but if I don't step away I'll end up just making an enemy of you which is not my desire.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Get angry all you want; you are not the issue anyway.

And it is God who has put the whole world under grace, 2 Cor. 5:19, til the day of Romans 2:16.

You haven't a clue what I meant. You'll have to find someone else to recruit into your Gestapo Gospel.

The Gay crowd disgusts me. Even the nice, quite ones.

But what I feel, is not the issue - their hell bound destiny whether gay, straight, square, round, white with polka dots, or wrapped in rainbow flags, is.

The strength of sin is the Law. You can't legislate morality, legalist.

The only power over sin is the Cross.

Where in "we beseech you in Christ's stead" is this word "pervert" you are so excited about? Where in Christ is this weakness you fear?

No, Clete; there is another issue at work in you here. This is far too personal on your part to simply be about saving people with a baseball bat in your hand.

Though, admittedly, that would be a funny sight - "Jesus died for you! - SMACK! REPENT! Jesus died for you! - SMACK! REPENT!"

Not that it worked very well, for the RCC during its conquest of other lands "in the name of God."

heir

TOL Subscriber
Bob Enyart is directly responsible for more people being saved than anyone else I know and that includes many former homosexuals. He has one of the most effective ministries I've ever come across especially when one considers how small a group of people make up the church he pastors.

You're taking out your butt about things and people you know nothing about.
This conversation is over.
Bob Enyart is nothing more than a gospel perverter. I spent years in his church wasting time on his pet causes and never once heard the cause of an ambassador/the word of reconciliation.

I don't talk out of my butt. I talk out of my mouth. You ought to be ashamed of what comes out of yours.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

You end this conversation because you know there are plenty of things nicer you can say to anyone than what you spew out of your mouth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
As rampant as they were in Paul's day - way, way worse than even our worst today - I wonder why he focused on getting people saved while speaking of the ways of the lost as just that - their ways and the eternal punishment it would one day result in.

Your bigotry in your ignorance in this is impressive.

I don't like their ways either; but that is the coarse of this screwed up world God has called us to be longsuffering towards without compromising the Cross as it alone is the only solution; not more and more legislation.
Amen, brother!

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jerry Shugart

There's a myriad of posters who are ignorant of the true Gospel, around here.

I see no evidence that you even know what "grace" is. Let us look at this verse:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

According to Paul those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith. And if one's salvation is on the principle of grace then it cannot besaid to be of "works."

But you and those within the Neo-MAD community teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You prove that you do not even understand the meaning of "grace."

Danoh

I see no evidence that you even know what "grace" is. Let us look at this verse:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

According to Paul those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith. And if one's salvation is on the principle of grace then it cannot besaid to be of "works."

But you and those within the Neo-MAD community teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

All the while, your narcissistic, neurotic hounding after those within Mid-Acts you disagree with, continually evidencing "no evidence that you even know what grace is...."

Dialogos

So then you haven't read Romans 9-11?

Romans 9

30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 10

Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 11

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”​

9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”​

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

So, is God showing mercy toward Israel at the time of Paul's writing or not?

Danoh

Romans 11:

31. Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I think you're wanting posters to join the "Neo-Jerry Shugart club?" That would be a travesty.

Danoh

I think you're wanting posters to join the "Neo-Jerry Shugart club?" That would be a travesty.

The preceding program was made possible by a grant from the Jerry-at-tricks Foundation - "Teaching ill-literacy through an overreliance on outdated books for fifty years..."

lifeisgood

Salvation has always been through faith and faith alone.
Always. OT or NT.
The OT saints believed the Sacrifice over the Altar (shadow of the Cross).
The NT saints believe the Sacrifice over the Cross (reality of the Altar).