ECT Matching modern thought in two theological mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

Are you so naive that you don't realize a person have terrific material in one area and be totally time-bound and mistaken in another? Get off TOL and do some real research.

As the Apostle Paul had also noted of exactly that sort of thing "This witness is true" Titus 1:13.

And it is.

Over the years, and to this very minute, I continue to find myself learning things of use in greater clarity on other things - from the otherwise normally opposing views of the so called "opposition."

Within Mid-Acts, O'Hair, Stam, and Baker had each owned huge personal libraries.

As do Jordan, Sadler, Kirth, and so on, within Mid-Acts now.

While I am it, my point to you, though, has never been about books "about" rather, about the tendency to OVER rely on them OVER the Scripture.

Jordan for example, once gave a very lengthy study on Isaiah to his assembly, that took several years.

His notes contained his having scheduled his reading through Isaiah 300 times BEFORE even beginning it's study.

THAT is the caliber of some "Bible students" out there.

In contrast, I recently suggested to someone that if they wanted to get a really good grasp of salvation, they would do well to read Romans 1 thru 8, at least 25 times for a start.

Some so called "Bible student" immediately took issue with that.

Your point is noted, but don't expect one and all to agree with you - you being condemned by some as "the opposition, break it up folks, nothing to learn from such here."

Which reminds me, here is a great video for you to oppose actually sitting through the entirety of :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

I mean, you yourself post videos you desire others would at least hear out.

Fair is fair.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in both our stead.

Danoh

As opposed to...?

Just havin fun with it, by dragging out a bit, actually replying; at your expense :chuckle:

Here is the one...a spiritual one...

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

And here is the other...a physical and spiritual one...

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you - in light what unables Rom.14:5, to begin with - a focus on Him - in other words, "in remembrance of"...of Romans 5:6-8 - to HIS Glory...ALONE. He ALONE IS EVER...the issue!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Just havin fun with it, by dragging out a bit, actually replying; at your expense :chuckle:

Here is the one...a spiritual one...

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

And here is the other...a physical and spiritual one...

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you - in light what unables Rom.14:5, to begin with - a focus on Him - in other words, "in remembrance of"...of Romans 5:6-8 - to HIS Glory...ALONE. He ALONE IS EVER...the issue!

So there are 2 kingdoms then?

Danoh

What is this? A game?

Perhaps not.

Perhaps he accidentally left himself open to that interpretation due, perhaps also, to his having failed to consider his simple question just might be misinterpreted, given how often he does play games.

I doubt his intent was "a game" in your case, though - as he has expressed that he basically gets along with you.

When I myself saw your post, I did hope you would name them.

I'm certain that is where he had been coming from also.

Thanks

Rom. 14:5; 5: 6-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.