Marco Rubio (babe alert) has a great tax reduction plan

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So you would rather have them steal? Great moral character there CM.....

It's not stealing. Jesus said we are to pay our taxes. Pretty simple. Besides, those who are concerned about how much they pay in taxes have a different master than God.

shagster01

It's not stealing. Jesus said we are to pay our taxes. Pretty simple. Besides, those who are concerned about how much they pay in taxes have a different master than God.

At what point would you not use this verse to justify it? Would you still quote this verse if the tax rate was 95%?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by republicanchick View Post
Marco Rubio (babe alert) has a great tax reduction plan
Wow, not only cuter than... whatever... but has a great sounding tax proposal

I can't remember the details b/c I was busy watching... the cuteness... but

Connie writes:
It terrifies me that people like you are allowed to vote.

(Connie's just jealous, now)

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
At what point would you not use this verse to justify it? Would you still quote this verse if the tax rate was 95%?
Yes.

Whose face is on the money?

Matthew 22:20-22King James Version (KJV) 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

So if Caesar's face is on the money and he wants 100% tax, what then?

Matthew 6 Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It can be a hard thing to trust God. It is easier for us to trust money because we touch it and feel it and direct it. If our bank account has the right number of zeros we feel secure in our wealth. That is not what God asks us to do. God asks us to trust Him and so very few of us, including me (sadly), are willing to let go and let God.

drbrumley

Yes He did, but why? It sure isn't because they deserve it. I hope that isn't your argument .......

rexlunae

I can't remember the details b/c I was busy watching... the cuteness... but

I'll save you some time. It's like every other Republican tax plan ever cooked up:

* Tax the poor.
* Tax cuts for the rich.
* Cut, eliminate, or block-grant the programs that help the poor.
* Cut taxes for businesses.
* Bonus: Don't do the math.

If you can show me a Republican tax plan that isn't essentially this, I'll be very impressed. They're all the same, except for the occasional catchy name like "999" because Republicans are easily distracted.