ECT madists and their gnostic gospel

popsthebuilder

Not under grace.

Works can be (to the human eye) perfectly counterfeited by those motivated solely by flesh, and are perfectly counterfeited all the time. The Mormons, for example, are possibly the most externally devout and "right" people in Christendom today, but they have a false gospel and are lost, all of them. Same can be said for other groups but Mormons especially. It's a point of pride with them, one of their selling points to potential converts.

Conversely, the truly saved have two enemies which even the most devout religionist doesn't contend with: the old man within, and the Devil. The believer is under attack from all three, which can exhibit itself as a "less than perfect" Christian life. Yet the person is saved just the same -- just as the behaviorally vile Corinthians were.

Your problem is that you believe as most of TOL does: that externals, dictated by religious (fleshly) behavior modification, can prove that one is saved even when they're enemies of the Cross; and likewise, "bad" behavior likewise proves one is NOT saved. Both beliefs are totally wrong.
I stopped after you claimed a whole people lost...check yourself

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Not under grace.
What?! Paul says we will reap what we sow and do not be deceived! Paul speaks of how obeying is LIVING THROUGH THE SPIRIT AND THE SPIRIT living through us.
Works can be (to the human eye) perfectly counterfeited by those motivated solely by flesh, and are perfectly counterfeited all the time.

So are you saying obeying Jesus' commands could be pleasing the flesh?!!!

It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus. There is not a wrong way to obey Jesus. There is not a wrong time to obey Jesus.

The Mormons, for example, are possibly the most externally devout and "right" people in Christendom today, but they have a false gospel and are lost, all of them. Same can be said for other groups but Mormons especially. It's a point of pride with them, one of their selling points to potential converts.

Are you kidding? The Mormons do NOT obey Jesus.

Jesus says NO OTHER GOSPEL.

The Mormons have another gospel.

Pops and I preach obedience to Christ.

So how do you ever get that the Mormons are obeying Christ and how do you ever get that you can use them as an example?

Conversely, the truly saved have two enemies which even the most devout religionist doesn't contend with: the old man within, and the Devil. The believer is under attack from all three, which can exhibit itself as a "less than perfect" Christian life. Yet the person is saved just the same -- just as the behaviorally vile Corinthians were.

The words of God say resist Satan and submit to God and the devil will FLEE from YOU.

The words of God also say we are to be transformed into the image of Jesus.

The words of God also say that we are more than conquerors.

You have a defeatist attitude and you do not have understanding.

Your problem is that you believe as most of TOL does: that externals, dictated by religious (fleshly) behavior modification, can prove that one is saved even when they're enemies of the Cross; and likewise, "bad" behavior likewise proves one is NOT saved. Both beliefs are totally wrong.

No way, for most people on TOL speak wrongly as you do.

God's Truth

You don't get to pick and choose. Christ told the disciples to obey, and teach to be obeyed, WHATSOEVER He had commanded (Matt 28:20), which includes selling all that one has, which you have repeatedly refused to do. You've said "That doesn't apply to me." So you've already failed your own sham test.

God says understanding comes from obeying Him.

You say I don't get to pick and choose; who are you to say such an untruth as that?

That is NOWHERE in the commands of God. Show where I don't get to pick and choose.

Show where understanding comes from not obeying.

When Jesus started his earthly ministry, he started it by saying REPENT, and it is a repentance of SINS.

God's Truth

They also unwittingly make GOD out to have made a mistake, and attempt to nullify the power of the Spirit within the life of the believer.

Yes, it is what they do. I have been debating for many years and all kinds of doctrines, but the one that shocked me the most was the one all around me in most all denominations, and that was that we are saved by not obeying.

popsthebuilder

Not under grace.

Works can be (to the human eye) perfectly counterfeited by those motivated solely by flesh, and are perfectly counterfeited all the time. The Mormons, for example, are possibly the most externally devout and "right" people in Christendom today, but they have a false gospel and are lost, all of them. Same can be said for other groups but Mormons especially. It's a point of pride with them, one of their selling points to potential converts.

All three.....there's that three again.

The old man is the devil silly. It has the natural capacity to dwell in is just as the Spirit does. Which is your master? Be not deceived; especially not by self.

popsthebuilder

You seem to think that salvation comes from howling at the moon.

If someone says that they are saved because they howl at the moon, we are in the right to say that that is wrong.

Your logic is fallacious and wrong.
So understanding faith to be effectual and the works of GOD to be by the Spirit and through the temple, bringing glory to GOD alone; not for the sake of our own salvation, reward or placement here or in the afterlife is what I believe. I don't think you believe the same thing at all.

But you attest that just isn't the case I assume; show me to be wrong, please.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

You seem to think that salvation comes from howling at the moon.

If someone says that they are saved because they howl at the moon, we are in the right to say that that is wrong.

Your logic is fallacious and wrong.
How is one understanding that Jesus came for a reason and that reason isn't to be neglected howling at the moon?

Right Divider

Body part
So understanding faith to be effectual and the works of GOD to be by the Spirit and through the temple, bringing glory to GOD alone; not for the sake of our own salvation, reward or placement here or in the afterlife is what I believe. I don't think you believe the same thing at all.

But you attest that just isn't the case I assume; show me to be wrong, please.
You seem to be another one that has to have all of the attention of a discussion focused on you.

Right Divider

Body part
How is one understanding that Jesus came for a reason and that reason isn't to be neglected howling at the moon?
I started into the conversion confirming musterion's comment about Mormon's appearance of "righteousness" VS the FALSE doctrines.

That was what I was alluding to with the "howling at the moon" comment. You seemed to disagree with musterion about their false faith.

popsthebuilder

You seem to be another one that has to have all of the attention of a discussion focused on you.

Excuse me?

How did you even conclude that if you don't mind?

What is that even supposed to mean?

What are you insinuating or attempting to say?