ECT MAD interp flaw

heir

TOL Subscriber
The times of refreshing was through the Spirit who is given through Christ and his Gospel. That is why Paul was hopping mad in Gal 3 when the law was offered to be used all over again. The Spirit comes and works through the Gospel, and that is the times of refreshing told by the prophets.

Nope! This is when it will be

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

It's yet future and Paul confirms it!

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

It's when the fountain shall be opened to them for sin and uncleanness!

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Interplanner

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The fountain was the Gospel.

The times of refreshing included repentance right then. The NHNE could have come in that generation, true. But it is not about a restored theocracy. It wasn't to be talked about. And Rom 11 "saved" is not about a restored theocracy. That is a complete misuse of the tenses and use of Isaiah there.

I guess you haven't thought through how a future moment of Israel can possibly be 'all' of it (all of them who ever existed; otherwise "all" is meaningless, isn't it?), if you mean the ethnic group. it does not. It means believers, as in Rom 9 etc.

Interplanner

Everything Peter mentioned/offered there was going on, but not all of the ethne joined. That was the tragedy. There are no more all ethne Israel events. That's over with. That's how Rom 11:30 ends. Everything since the Gospel is now about all believers vs all unbelievers. You are reverting back to the age of Judaism, and treating the Gospel as piddly and piecemeal.

Right Divider

Body part
Everything Peter mentioned/offered there was going on, but not all of the ethne joined. That was the tragedy. There are no more all ethne Israel events. That's over with. That's how Rom 11:30 ends. Everything since the Gospel is now about all believers vs all unbelievers. You are reverting back to the age of Judaism, and treating the Gospel as piddly and piecemeal.
You're just amazing with your inability to understand anything. Your "story" is so forced that you corrupt the Bible almost as much as GT or LA. Maybe more.

Interplanner

You're just amazing with your inability to understand anything. Your "story" is so forced that you corrupt the Bible almost as much as GT or LA. Maybe more.

No, I've just learned that 2P2P is a hoax. There are certainly many creative ways people keep trying to bring it in--Danoh's "Jacob" stuff. You are doing 2P2P and forcing it on the passages. That's why a simple thing like the term "saved" HAS TO BE THEOCRATIC to you. If you see Israel and saved in the same sentence, it can't possibly be the redeemed community now. But of course, nowhere in Romans is "saved" about a theocracy for Israel (no matter what the individuals believe) in Judea. It is about the mission and about justification in Christ from our sins.

Danoh

No, I've just learned that 2P2P is a hoax. There are certainly many creative ways people keep trying to bring it in--Danoh's "Jacob" stuff. You are doing 2P2P and forcing it on the passages. That's why a simple thing like the term "saved" HAS TO BE THEOCRATIC to you. If you see Israel and saved in the same sentence, it can't possibly be the redeemed community now. But of course, nowhere in Romans is "saved" about a theocracy for Israel (no matter what the individuals believe) in Judea. It is about the mission and about justification in Christ from our sins.

Is that like Danoh hiccup?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Christ opened up a fountain to wash away sin when He came the first time 2000 years ago.

and the Jews and Gentiles have been availing themselves of it ever since.

Even Paul the Jew availed himself of it.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Have you?

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Let me state for your records that the term "SAVED" has many different meanings, and I do NOT force any of them. I know there are some here that think that the ONLY thing that it CAN mean is eternal life. Those people are just as dumb as you. I let the context of each passage determine the meaning.

Continue in your ignorance, it seems to be what you like.

P.S. I noticed that you AGAIN did not respond to my comments about Acts 1:6 --> http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ot-of-the-NT&p=4792054&viewfull=1#post4792054

Interplanner

Let me state for your records that the term "SAVED" has many different meanings, and I do NOT force any of them. I know there are some here that think that the ONLY thing that it CAN mean is eternal life. Those people are just as dumb as you. I let the context of each passage determine the meaning.

P.S. I noticed that you AGAIN did not respond to my comments about Acts 1:6 --> http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ot-of-the-NT&p=4792054&viewfull=1#post4792054

"saved" does not have a hundred meanings. it's in Romans and it means what it just meant in ch 10, which is also stressing the mission Israel is supposed to be doing, btw. So in ch 11, there is no 'out of nowhere' theocracy in Judea meaning. He means justification from sins--the new covenant, the Redeemer, the 'taking away' (of the debt) of sins.

All you have is the ability to slight me as dumb. I have facts.

I'm only here an hour a day. I didn't know you had a statement on Acts 1:6. I'll see what's up.

Interplanner

It's #60 and has been here a couple days, oh great "un-dumb" one.

Danoh

"saved" does not have a hundred meanings. it's in Romans and it means what it just meant in ch 10, which is also stressing the mission Israel is supposed to be doing, btw. So in ch 11, there is no 'out of nowhere' theocracy in Judea meaning. He means justification from sins--the new covenant, the Redeemer, the 'taking away' (of the debt) of sins.

I'm only here an hour a day. I didn't know you had a statement on Acts 1:6. I'll see what's up.

One definition of "saved" among several...

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Right Divider

Body part
"saved" does not have a hundred meanings.
I did not say that it "had a hundred meanings". More base rhetoric from someone without a clue.

it's in Romans and it means what it just meant in ch 10, which is also stressing the mission Israel is supposed to be doing, btw. So in ch 11, there is no 'out of nowhere' theocracy in Judea meaning. He means justification from sins--the new covenant, the Redeemer, the 'taking away' (of the debt) of sins.
The "mission" that God gave to Israel was to be a holy nation and a royal priesthood. They, with Jesus as King, were to reign over the gentiles.
Rom 15:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for [his] mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (15:10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (15:11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (15:12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Read ALL of Romans (and the rest of the Bible).

Your "facts" are about as good as dung.

It was a reply to one of your posts.

P.S. That quote above comes from this passage:
Isa 11:10-16 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:10) ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. (11:11) And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. (11:12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. (11:13) The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim. (11:14) But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them. (11:15) And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make [men] go over dryshod. (11:16) And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.