ECT Lucado's CHRISTMAS CANDLE reviewed

Right Divider

Body part
I think I'm cessationist about signs for Israel, but for Gentiles/regions beyond/centuries beyond--I don't know why not--why wouldn't God take some individuals through the same tracks as found in the Gospels or Acts? Church history is full of this.

A man in remote India came to the conclusion that the plethora of gods there was totally confusing. He went into a city to find out about beliefs other than Buddhism. On one street, he noticed up ahead that a Christian church was directly across from a Buddhist temple, and a dog came toward him. He had this 'sense' that the dog was not there to attack but to befriend and guide. He followed the dog. When the dog got to the two buildings across from each other, he and the man saw that there was a small statuette of Buddha by the entrance of the temple. The dog went over and peed on it. Then he went to the front door of the Christian church and lay down relaxed. The man went in and told them his problem with all the gods and then told them about the dog. They went out to find the dog, but he was never see again. Or someone else saw him pee on the statuette and killed him.
The real fiction writer and grammar scholar... good one.

john w

Hall of Fame
I think I'm cessationist about signs for Israel, but for Gentiles/regions beyond/centuries beyond--I don't know why not--why wouldn't God take some individuals through the same tracks as found in the Gospels or Acts? Church history is full of this.

A man in remote India came to the conclusion that the plethora of gods there was totally confusing. He went into a city to find out about beliefs other than Buddhism. On one street, he noticed up ahead that a Christian church was directly across from a Buddhist temple, and a dog came toward him. He had this 'sense' that the dog was not there to attack but to befriend and guide. He followed the dog. When the dog got to the two buildings across from each other, he and the man saw that there was a small statuette of Buddha by the entrance of the temple. The dog went over and peed on it. Then he went to the front door of the Christian church and lay down relaxed. The man went in and told them his problem with all the gods and then told them about the dog. They went out to find the dog, but he was never see again. Or someone else saw him pee on the statuette and killed him.

No, no, no, Bullwinkle.....Don't you know? Have you not heard? The days of literalism are over.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes sir, saint john. They ended in the early 90s when that rap song came out, are you down with 2P2P?

I thought they ended, as you previously speculated, as "The Great Trib" occurred in AD 1968, when Ange lost his accent, and this happened....(even though on CBS):

SaulToPaul 2

I thought they ended, as you previously speculated, as "The Great Trib" occurred in AD 1968, when Ange lost his accent, and this happened....(even though on CBS):

Yes sir, saint john. As as you noticed in Return To Mayberry in 1986, Ange was a full blown Yankee.

Danoh

Personally, I gave up believing that sort of testimony years ago, after studying this issue out in Scripture for a time.

But I was once there myself.

And it appears you meant well by that; and that it is where you presently are in that sort of thing.

So I'll leave you at that, as you know where to find me should you later find your-self fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise.

Or as that Apostle I assert l follow in the Lord, this side of Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, might have put that...

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

In memory of the following...

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Your testimony on justification is clear enough.

Yours in Him, then, bro.

Eph. 4:16

Interplanner

If you "gave up on that long ago" there is no need to expect another episode of Judaism. That's how Hebrews reads. We ('we' being the Hebrews) have been given all signage needed to believe, and no mention of another 'dwelling in the land with the city and temple' is mentioned in the letter.

SaulToPaul 2

If you "gave up on that long ago" there is no need to expect another episode of Judaism. That's how Hebrews reads. We ('we' being the Hebrews) have been given all signage needed to believe, and no mention of another 'dwelling in the land with the city and temple' is mentioned in the letter.

The Hebrews get the City.
Show us the cancellation of land promises, to those it was promised to, and we will shut up.

Danoh

Acts 28:5-6.

1 Corinthians 9:1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

But Rom. 14:5 in memory of Romans 5:6-11.

Interplanner

what city? Look at 'the stone laid in Zion' again. The Stone is a Person, Christ. You don't build places in modern Judea out of People, you use stone and mortar. You are fools, Biblically.

There is no cancellation to show, because it never was 'your' city. The program that Judaism thinks is going is nada, zip, zero. They replaced the promise with that and Paul declared war on that in Gal 3:17. But the war was already going, back in Isaiah.

Chafer joined the enemy when he invented D'ism and said the Bible does not make sense without him and his programs.

btw, this is a thread about a movie review, but here you are obsessing about your Hebrew city and biting my head off in other threads for...obsessing?

SaulToPaul 2

what city? Look at 'the stone laid in Zion' again. The Stone is a Person, Christ. You don't build places in modern Judea out of People, you use stone and mortar. You are fools, Biblically.

There is no cancellation to show, because it never was 'your' city. The program that Judaism thinks is going is nada, zip, zero. They replaced the promise with that and Paul declared war on that in Gal 3:17. But the war was already going, back in Isaiah.

Chafer joined the enemy when he invented D'ism and said the Bible does not make sense without him and his programs.

btw, this is a thread about a movie review, but here you are obsessing about your Hebrew city and biting my head off in other threads for...obsessing?

Now there is no new Jerusalem? Unbelief abounds.