Love God by keeping his Law

glorydaz

Yup He is indeed the GOAL...and now we establish the Law...

The Law of Faith makes it clear what the PURPOSE of the Law is, and it's that purpose that is established.

Romans 3:26-28
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Paul explains that the law is NOT given to justify, give life, or make men holy.
Only faith can do those. The law's purpose stands....to show men their sin, and to lead them to faith in Christ.

clefty

If God has ordained (which He has)....it will be.

Leaving NO room for any man to boast.

Those that walk His Way...indeed are saved...and do not boast...grateful they are saved...repenting when stumbling off the way they should walk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's both...God so loved the world that He gave....

Action is something a man can boast in, and does.

Therefore, the love of God must be shed abroad on our hearts.

Ours is always selfish...done for glory or for boasting.

I said
I think you have a misunderstanding of the words you are using. Read the revelation I posted on grace. It will explain a lot of your deception. In Gods grace He sent Jesus with a much stronger law that what Moses had.

clefty

The Law of Faith makes it clear what the PURPOSE of the Law is, and it's that purpose that is established.

Romans 3:26-28
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Paul explains that the law is NOT given to justify, give life, or make men holy.
Only faith can do those. The law's purpose stands....to show men their sin, and to lead them to faith in Christ.

“Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahshua”

clefty

I said
I think you have a misunderstanding of the words you are using. Read the revelation I posted on grace. It will explain a lot of your deception. In Gods grace He sent Jesus with a much stronger law that what Moses had.

As if claiming you can “do what thou whilst” in choosing any day everyday is a much stronger Law...

glorydaz

I said

If you think I misunderstand something, give me a verse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Revelations 12:17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 22:14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

1 John 2:3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 3:22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. 9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1 Corrinthians 7:19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

John 15:10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

From my notes from 2005

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

May I help you by saying here what I am about to say, that you would do well to study God's word with a heart for understanding it as it is rather than as a person might understand it independent from God.

The best to you in your studies! Let me know if you need or want any help.

Shalom.

Jacob

clefty

Please give a verse for that.

Sure...

Rev. 14:12

There is a difference between faith IN and the faith OF

keeping His faith is believing and doing as He did...HIs faith walk...

I can have faith in my father...but that is different than having the faith OF my father...

so relax...it remains “WWJD?”...except the Ham dinner after Sunday church parts...

glorydaz

Sure...

Rev. 14:12

There is a difference between faith IN and the faith OF

keeping His faith is believing and doing as He did...HIs faith walk...

I can have faith in my father...but that is different than having the faith OF my father...

so relax...it remains “WWJD?”...except the Ham dinner after Sunday church parts...

I'm quite relaxed, thank you. And I understand the difference between of and in. It's your explanation I can't make heads nor tails of.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
As if claiming you can “do what thou whilst” in choosing any day everyday is a much stronger Law...

I said
That is a gross exaggeration. The law is we have a choice. Both are OK.

[Rom 14:4-5
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

keypurr

That's law, Keypurr....not Grace.

Grace says God will conform us into His image.
Grace says we are to trust in Him to perform His work in us.

Grace demands rest without any reliance on ourselves.

As long as you say you MUST do so and so, you're looking to the wrong ONE.

Faith brings works friend. Faith brings love, love brings works.

Abraham by faith brought his son into the wilderness, that is works.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith brings works friend. Faith brings love, love brings works.

Abraham by faith brought his son into the wilderness, that is works.

I said
I don't think they understand that faith alone is dead. Faith without love is nothing. Even Abraham had to prove his faith with his works.

[Jas 2:21-24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

keypurr

Please give a verse for that.

Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Need more?

keypurr

I said
I don't think they understand that faith alone is dead. Faith without love is nothing. Even Abraham had to prove his faith with his works.

[Jas 2:21-24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

AMEN

clefty

I'm quite relaxed, thank you. And I understand the difference between of and in. It's your explanation I can't make heads nor tails of.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Good text...but you still can’t make sense of what faith your Saviour had? Here is a hint: it was also clearly revealed to His followers in the desert at Sinai...

Yup...His faith walk was following His Father’s will which saves us...and is why He says “follow me”...not “just have faith in Me”

clefty

I said
That is a gross exaggeration. The law is we have a choice. Both are OK.

[Rom 14:4-5
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

You are the one claiming one set of Laws abolished and another “stronger” in place...

The Law is we have a choice? LOL...to either follow or not...but NOT to choose whenever we wish to make a day Holy...as if we make a day Holy...we are to remember He made a day Holy...

That text in Romans 14 you misuse and abuse says nothing about a Sabbath day...a day of fasting yes but nothing about our ability to override the Creator His choice of day or receiving any power to make another day Holy...

He lived His example for us for the new covenant then signed it with His blood and sealed it with His death...

Covenants can’t change once signed and sealed...Paul had no authority to give permission to “do what thou whilst”

(Pssst...Paul didn’t teach against the Law and customs...your false witness is typical and what jews started in acts)