ECT Lost or saved?

DAN P

I never called neither you nor the Apostle Paul a Calvinist.

That is simply your, same old usual reading into the words of another, followed by your usual concluding that your tea leaf reading into their words was sound, followed by your usual overreaction to what is actually your own reading into the words of another.

Your problem is not me and or my words.

Rather; some issue within you.

This is why you so insist that others with MAD are not Acts 9, are in fact, sell outs; if they even use the label Mid-Acts.

You will now rant about that once more...

Proving my point to anyone other than the person who really needs to see this problem of yours - you!

Fact is, we not only do not have to see eye to eye on every point, but to attempt to is not only impossible, while to insist on it is a sure road, if not a sign of, an already firmly entrenched, neurosis.

You are not as special as you think - every movement has its fair share of those who insist that their exact view is the one all must follow to THEIR letter.

Again, I never called you nor the Apostle Paul, a Calvinist.

"But if ye are led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law" - Gal. 5:18

Hi and you will never explain where in the bible it says MID-ACTS or implied , and it is there please give a verve !!

Acts 9 is the only position explained by many verse !!

Care to explain 1 Cor 15:8 ??

Or say how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

You are the one with ISSUES !!

I know that you will say you have already said How , but you have not OR maybe some else can BAIL you out ??

dan p

Choleric

Hi and the book of John 3:8 does not mention a " NEW CREATURE " at ALL and Paul is the ONLY one who mentions the NEW CREATURE in 2 Cor 5:17 and never uses the term " BORN AGAIN " !!

I'm not limited to Paul's letters to formulate New Testament theology.

If you believe in John 3:8 , just explain what that verse means !!

I did already. But there are several possible explanations. Most common is that Jesus was using the wind to describe how a person is born by the spirit, since that was the subject at the time. We hear the wind but don't know where it goes. Much like the Spirit of God moving into people.

Second it could be describing the state of the believer when we finally get a new body. We would be able to travel through walls etc.

You are in a sad position , since you can not explain how anyone can br saved today !!

dan p

When did I say I can't explain salvation today. We could start with the serpent lifted up, just Look to Jesus. How about Acts 16:31? The gospel is 1 Cor 15:1-4.

iamaberean

I have an interesting question that I would like to pose for the Christians here. We have an example from scripture of some folks and there is a debate as to whether they died saved or lost. I am interested in opinion (backed up by scripture) on the matter:

Joh 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
Joh 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

We are told in certain scriptures that one only has to believe (Acts 16:31). Which is true.

Yet we are also told we must confess, and not deny Him before men or He will deny us before the Father.

Did these men in John 12 die lost or saved? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

DAN P

When did I say I can't explain salvation today. We could start with the serpent lifted up, just Look to Jesus. How about Acts 16:31? The gospel is 1 Cor 15:1-4.

mHi and what does " WIND called PNEUMA " then mean in John 3:8 ??

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have an interesting question that I would like to pose for the Christians here. We have an example from scripture of some folks and there is a debate as to whether they died saved or lost. I am interested in opinion (backed up by scripture) on the matter:

Joh 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
Joh 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

We are told in certain scriptures that one only has to believe (Acts 16:31). Which is true.

Yet we are also told we must confess, and not deny Him before men or He will deny us before the Father.

Did these men in John 12 die lost or saved? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John had many requirements other than believing:

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Hope this helps.