ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

God's Truth

Elsewhere, someone posted what I understood to be a thought along the line of...

The spirit or intent of the OT had been the revealing of the righteousness of God; of God's absolute, perfect standard of righteousness.

Whereas the spirit or intent of the NT had been said righteousness made man's through the Spirit.

Made possible by the sacrifice of Christ and then given man freely through the Spirit - unto the Father's glory in His Son by the Cross.

This is the glory of the Godhead. To add one's works to that is to ignorantly deny the Father's intended glory by the Spirit in His Son alone.

At the same time, hand with that ignorance is to confuse the Father's intended glory in that as to His NC for, with, and in Israel, through the Twelve's preaching in Acts 3 (which began in Acts 2 with that Pentecost), with the Father's intended glory in His New Creature: the Body of Christ, through Paul's distinct gospel in Acts 13 (which began in Acts 9 with its first member, Paul).

Both Israel and the Body of Christ are God's Two-Fold Purpose in His Son by the Spirit, Eph. 1:10; Eph. 3:15.

But neither is the other, Rom. 11:25.

The grafting in is not into Israel (during Israel's temporary fall and delay of its promised NC blessing).

Rather, the grafting in is into access to blessing.

Eph. 2 refers to that as "having been made nigh."

Israel had once had access to blessing. Eph. 2 refers to this as "them that were nigh."

Israel will one day have access to their promised NC - "for this is my covenant unto them," Rom. 11.

The Body's blessing is not by Covenant unto them.

Rather, by Mystery Grace in a New Creature, Eph. 3.

The confusion many turn this into being due to the fact that both are through the Spirit.

Whether individual Jew (not Israel) and individual Gentile in the Body now, or the nation Israel over the Gentile nations then; on Earth (the Body in the Heavenlies by then).

You do not seem to grasp that there is an Israel of the flesh, and another Israel of God's heart, which means an Israel that is spiritual.

We are not just flesh. Flesh denotes those who are blood related to this ancestor or that ancestor...to this nation, or that nation. The Bible shows us many times about nations and being related by blood. It no longer matters who is related to whom, for that was about the coming Messiah, the coming Savior. Now all that matters is who comes into the blood covenant with Jesus Christ. It matters that Jesus was blood related to Abraham, and David...but since Jesus, it does not matter to whom we are blood related, because faith, living faith acceptable to God is all that matters.

John 1:3 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Born not of natural descent...that is about the USED TO BE IMPORTANCE...UNTIL JESUS. Jesus is the promise to Abraham and carried on until David that there would be a BLOOD relative who would rule.

Jesus came and now the only blood that matter is Jesus' blood shed on the cross.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Danoh,

I don't even know what you are talking about. Are you a minister of the new covenant? Paul was.

This is exactly right! Good job, Jacob.

That PROVES Paul spoke about the same gospel of Jesus Christ as Jesus, and as all the other apostles.

God's Truth

Paul was a minister of the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God.
That is what the passage you are referring to says.

JESUS SAYS the flesh does not matter---that he is speaking words that ARE SPIRIT.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth

I do think you have more to understand, Jacob; but, you do not need to understand the earthly conversation in which John W., STP, and Danoh are having.

Danoh

You do not seem to grasp that there is an Israel of the flesh, and another Israel of God's heart, which means an Israel that is spiritual.

We are not just flesh. Flesh denotes those who are blood related to this ancestor or that ancestor...to this nation, or that nation. The Bible shows us many times about nations and being related by blood. It no longer matters who is related to whom, for that was about the coming Messiah, the coming Savior. Now all that matters is who comes into the blood covenant with Jesus Christ. It matters that Jesus was blood related to Abraham, and David...but since Jesus, it does not matter to whom we are blood related, because faith, living faith acceptable to God is all that matters.

John 1:3 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Born not of natural descent...that is about the USED TO BE IMPORTANCE...UNTIL JESUS. Jesus is the promise to Abraham and carried on until David that there would be a BLOOD relative who would rule.

Jesus came and now the only blood that matter is Jesus' blood shed on the cross.

:doh:

Derf

I was holding my case; came to a stair case, thought I might rest my case, just in case it fell on the ground, breaking my case wide open, but no problem, case closed, thanks to you, I have an airtight case, I have been able to rest my case.

The "spirit" of the thing, ya know; not the actual "letter" of it...

You forgot to include something about "casing the joint" and "casement windows".