ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
Whose faith? You weren't born 2000 years ago. :dizzy: You are saved when you believe (Eph 2:8-9, Ac 17:26-27).
His faith and work in our place 2000 years ago when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself not imputing our trespasses (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) is put to our account when we believe, yes (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). I've not said anything different. If you didn't have a comprehension problem you would see that is what the scripture TO us tells us. You should stop fighting those who testify the truth.

:rotfl: quoting men who don't even believe they have a "the Bible" won't get you anywhere with me.

john w

Hall of Fame
Is that a 'yes'? :chz4brnz:

:yawn: God decides if you're the real deal (Eph 4:21).

See:

Can a person live like the devil and still be saved?

Is that a punt? Rhetorical q-what sin/sins?

"Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken "-the castrator

Tell all of TOL, just how "genuine" you are, with specifics, and tell us the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die, the ones for which you must "forsake."

Forsake sin? You have forsaken all of your sin/sins? I haven't. Go ahead, perverter, and, on record, for all of TOL to views, and assert that you have.

And tell us, if you must "forsake your sins," the reason the Lord Jesus Christ died? Unpack it for us. Tell us this "good news."

Lay out the reason for "forsaking sin/sins," as pertaining to justification.

Let me guess: The Lord Jesus Christ died for only the sins others commit, not yours, as you are a dirty rat, but think, "At least I'm cleaner than my fellow rats."

What sin/sins? The Lord Jesus Christ died for every last one of them, from cutting someone off in traffic, to murdering someone. Every last one of them-all tresspasses forgiven. All of them. They are in hell, never to be brought up again.

Good news.

Not a peep, from another child of the devil.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Good news"?!?
John, John, John. View attachment 23539

Now if people went around preaching and believing that "good news," what need would they have to keep paid ministerial staff on hand 24 hours a day, just a phone call away? Who'd pay into the building fund? Who'll sign up for the sanctuary vacuuming and lawn mowing rotation? Who'd handle the bus ministry? Who buys the new drumkit for the P&W band? Who'll order the VBS curriculum? Who'll get the coffee and donuts for Sunday school? Who'll scrub the baptismal tank with Comet? Who'll keep the baptism numbers up? WHO WOULD TITHE, JOHNW? YOU?!?!?

IF WE PREACH YOUR 'GOOD NEWS,' THE KINGDOM OF GOD FALLS TO SATAN AND THE PARKING LOT WON'T GET RE-GRAVELED!

DO YOU WANT THE KINGDOM OF GOD TO FALL TO SATAN, JOHNW??!? DO YOU WANT TO DRIVE ON BUMPY GRAVEL?!?

I thought not.

/saying what lots of professional ministers will never say aloud, but think every day

Puhhhhhhraaaaaazzzzzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, musty!!!! They should not be messin' with the Laaaawd's anointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Laawd needs us!!!!!!!!!! Weeza fixxin' up this earth/graveyard,along with the UN, to prepare the way for the Laaaawd's second coming!!!! Do I hear an "Amen," saints!!!!!??????????

musterion

Lawd, JohnW, I do buh-LEEVE you done went and got wit da Spirit!

Uh oh, I feel, I feel a fresh MOVE comin' upon meh!

halleefastaballacastahodoetudecarborundum!

GIVE HIM PRAYZE AND GLOW-REH!

[applause]

john w

Hall of Fame
Lawd, JohnW, I do buh-LEEVE you done went and got wit da Spirit!

Uh oh, I feel, I feel a fresh MOVE comin' upon meh!

halleefastaballacastahodoetudecarborundum!

GIVE HIM PRAYZE AND GLOW-REH!

[applause]

Well, Musty, the Laaawd spoke a word of faith to me recently, and told me, that he is about to bring about a second anointing/wave of the Holy Ghost, that will make Pentecost look like a Led Zepelin concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd a shout!!!!!!!!!!!!

musterion

Well, Musty, the Laaawd spoke a word of faith to me recently, and told me, that he is about to bring about a second anointing/wave of the Holy Ghost, that will make Pentecost look like a Led Zepelin concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd a shout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did He say if He'll be playing Kashmir? Our "Holy Hands Up Prayze and Wership Band" already got the chords.

God's Truth

How sad that people aren't being told that God forgave them 2000 years ago by the faith and cross work of the Lord Jesus Christ in their place and proved it by raising Christ from the dead!

That is grace, but NO ONE ENTERS it without faith that Jesus blood washes away the sins we repent of doing.

God's Truth

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV). We can see that the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Simple stuff. No need to complicate things.

Why are you going back to Acts 8? The gospel of our salvation is not even preached back there.

no need

The gospel has been preached since Jesus walked the earth...one must come to Jesus to have forgiveness of sins.

john w

Hall of Fame

The wolves suggest/assert that the above is Paul's warning, to check to see if you are saved. That is, the most carnal bunch of Christians, should examine themselves, to see if they "passed the test." No, when Paul told them to “examine” themselves, he was only arguing, in defense of his apostleship, which was constantly being questioned-he was confronting his critics,responding to those who would "check him out"/question him/examine him.....

1 Cor. 9 KJV
1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? 2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,

The context of 2 Cor. 13:5 KJV was not doubting the carnal Corinthians' salvation-he always referred to thenm as "saints." He wrote the passage, because they were questioning his authority/apostleship....

2 Cor. 13 KJV
3 since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

You left out the verses that proceed 2 Cor. 13:5 KJV.

Thus, Paul's point is that if they were “in the faith,” it proved the proof that he was an apostle, for he was the one that led them to the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 9 KJV

2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

Thus, since these carnal Corinthians were “in the Lord” and “in the faith,” was the evidence of his apostleship-2 Cor. 13:3 KJV, removing the/their doubt.

That is the context.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Galatians 1:8-9 KJV

Paul did not preach a different gospel and so condemn himself.

There is only one gospel that saves, and it is forgiveness of sins through Jesus.

Mark 2:7 "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

One must come to God through Jesus to have forgiveness of sins, it was preached by Jesus when he walked the earth.

Luke 5:21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

It was also taught by the other Apostles, including Paul.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Did you put Heir and John W. on your heretic list...

Choleric started Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list). :burnlib: I have
animated-smileys-housekeeping-157.gif
added to the list.

Last edited: