ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
So there is nothing you ever obeyed from Jesus Christ???

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

You missed, as usual-Translated: I, the Christ rejetor LALaw, missed the point of this thread, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, and now assert that this "Jesus" I reference obeyed to be saved.

Genesis-Revelation-so there-I just one upped you.

And I told you to leave our territory, wolf-ette.

Danoh

So there is nothing you ever obeyed from Jesus Christ???

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Now try promoting that with a straight face in light of Matt. 15:24; and Matt. 23:1-3; these being what Matt. 28:18-20 are speaking about in light of Matt. 10:23.

You cited Matthew 7- which is actually instruction to Messianic Jews, John 1: 45; John 1:49; Matt. 16:16-18.

How about the very next chapter, Matt. 8:1-5?

You are cherry picking, perhaps unable to see that you are because you have made up your mind.

Confirmation Bias appearing to be your lens.

Derf

I am a saved by grace member of the body of Christ.
You have no authority to tell me how to deal with anyone.
Thanks for that outstanding display of humility.

I suppose if you reject anyone's comments that disagree with you, then you're right--no one has authority over you, including, possibly, the Lord Jesus Christ. But He did say we ought to keep one another accountable (Matt 18:15), which means we ought to submit ourselves to one another (Eph 5:21), which means, we willingly put ourselves under the authority of each other, if we are in Christ, and if we want to heed Paul's admonition.

The opposite would of course be to reject the authority of our beloved (can I even use that word here?) brethren, and Paul's, by saying something like "You have no authority to tell me how to deal with anyone."

Not that anyone around here would say something like that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for that outstanding display of humility.

I suppose if you reject anyone's comments that disagree with you, then you're right--no one has authority over you, including, possibly, the Lord Jesus Christ. But He did say we ought to keep one another accountable (Matt 18:15), which means we ought to submit ourselves to one another (Eph 5:21), which means, we willingly put ourselves under the authority of each other, if we are in Christ, and if we want to heed Paul's admonition.

The opposite would of course be to reject the authority of our beloved (can I even use that word here?) brethren, and Paul's, by saying something like "You have no authority to tell me how to deal with anyone."

Not that anyone around here would say something like that.
I see you still don't have a clue of GT's dealings with the "brethren" here.

We show her hypocrisy and her twisting of scripture and her insulting defiance when others show her to be wrong.
In other words, we do hold her accountable for her words here.

Apply the Matt 18:15 and Eph 5:21 you mention to GT and see if she complies to your satisfaction.

Derf

The Lord Jesus Christ: Serpents...Hypocrites...Vipers....
Said Jesus, talking about those that:
"shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in." (Matt 23:13)
and saying to them:
"Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town," (Matt 23:34). Who's the more likely to crucify someone else around here?
J the B: Brood of vipers....
Said John to the scribes and pharisees, before he told them "Bear fruit in keeping with repentance." As if repentance is even necessary--Ha! What did John know, anyway!

Paul: Child of the devil...
Said Paul to Elymas, who "sought to turn the proconsul away from the faith", and also called him:
"enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?" thus equating "the faith" with "righteousness".

Whited wall...
Said Paul to the high priest, who was not following the law

Ravenous wolves.....
Said Paul to the elders of Ephesus, when he reminded them that he had for three years admonished them with tears (not jeers), and that he had testified "both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ."

Funny how "repentance" is both for Jews and Greeks.

Peter: Dogs.....
Said Peter, talking about those that returned to their sins (the "defilements of the world") after they had been cleansed from them, making that last state worse than the first. If that's not a bald-faced declaration of lordship salvation, then I don't know what else could be.

vs. You-the above " verbal abuse"-clueless.

Get saved, demon.
I don't see any admonishing with tears here.

Derf

We show her hypocrisy and her twisting of scripture and her insulting defiance when others show her to be wrong.
I've experienced insulting defiance here in this thread--and none of it was from GT. That doesn't mean she hasn't or won't, but she seemed to be advocating that people actually obey Jesus' words. Surely that is not a sin, is it?
Apply the Matt 18:15 and Eph 5:21 you mention to GT and see if she complies to your satisfaction.
I may have to at some point, but if I do, are you going to come to her defense by telling me to apply those verses to someone else, like you are doing here? Are you willing to do the same for her that you do for yourself? Do you love your neighbor as yourself?

If we always deflect criticism of ourselves by saying the criticizer needs to focus on someone else, we may never get the point God may be trying to hammer home to us.

Imagine if Nineveh had told Jonah--you need to take your message to Tyre (for instance), instead of delivering it here. Would Nineveh have repented and saved their city? Seems unlikely.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've experienced insulting defiance here in this thread--and none of it was from GT. That doesn't mean she hasn't or won't, but she seemed to be advocating that people actually obey Jesus' words. Surely that is not a sin, is it?
I may have to at some point, but if I do, are you going to come to her defense by telling me to apply those verses to someone else, like you are doing here? Are you willing to do the same for her that you do for yourself? Do you love your neighbor as yourself?

If we always deflect criticism of ourselves by saying the criticizer needs to focus on someone else, we may never get the point God may be trying to hammer home to us.

Imagine if Nineveh had told Jonah--you need to take your message to Tyre (for instance), instead of delivering it here. Would Nineveh have repented and saved their city? Seems unlikely.
Is that not what you are doing?
(Criticizing me for criticizing another.)

If we are not to criticize those that preach a false gospel and twist scripture, then we may as well all shut up and just let the chips fall where they may.

And, no, I do not obey everything Jesus said to do.
Matthew 16 KJV​
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Do you?

john w

Hall of Fame
Said Jesus, talking about those that:
"shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in." (Matt 23:13)
and saying to them:
"Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town," (Matt 23:34). Who's the more likely to crucify someone else around here?
Said John to the scribes and pharisees, before he told them "Bear fruit in keeping with repentance." As if repentance is even necessary--Ha! What did John know, anyway!

Said Paul to Elymas, who "sought to turn the proconsul away from the faith", and also called him:
"enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?" thus equating "the faith" with "righteousness".

Said Paul to the high priest, who was not following the law

Said Paul to the elders of Ephesus, when he reminded them that he had for three years admonished them with tears (not jeers), and that he had testified "both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ."

Funny how "repentance" is both for Jews and Greeks.

Said Peter, talking about those that returned to their sins (the "defilements of the world") after they had been cleansed from them, making that last state worse than the first. If that's not a bald-faced declaration of lordship salvation, then I don't know what else could be.

I don't see any admonishing with tears here.

Dirty Derf, as usual, missed his fellow wolf-ette's "argument:"

"Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
.,.. Take for instance how much verbal abuse John W. gives out to others."

Derf to the Saviour, John the B., Paul, Peter: Stop your verbal abuse!!!!!!!!

Clueless.

Take a seat.

Derf

Dirty Derf, as usual, missed his fellow wolf-ette's "argument:"

"Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
.,.. Take for instance how much verbal abuse John W. gives out to others."

Derf to the Saviour, John the B., Paul, Peter: Stop your verbal abuse!!!!!!!!
No need for me to repeat the accusation when you willingly repeat the offense regularly. My point was that if you accept those verses as authoritative, then it demolishes your OP point. If you don't accept them as authoritative, then it demolishes your argument against GT.

You pick which result you want to endorse.
Clueless.

Take a seat.
And stop talking about yourself so derogatively.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
No need for me to repeat the accusation when you willingly repeat the offense regularly. My point was that if you accept those verses as authoritative, then it demolishes your OP point. If you don't accept them as authoritative, then it demolishes your argument against GT.

You pick which result you want to endorse.

And stop talking about yourself so derogatively.

Made up. Put down the bong. You missed it, drone. Slower-verbal abuse," "be nice," like all good Quistion folk are, Ellie Mae:

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now try promoting that with a straight face in light of Matt. 15:24; and Matt. 23:1-3; these being what Matt. 28:18-20 are speaking about in light of Matt. 10:23.

You cited Matthew 7- which is actually instruction to Messianic Jews, John 1: 45; John 1:49; Matt. 16:16-18.

How about the very next chapter, Matt. 8:1-5?

You are cherry picking, perhaps unable to see that you are because you have made up your mind.

Confirmation Bias appearing to be your lens.

If you claim Jesus words are not for you, then that is your decision.

Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
LA

john w

Hall of Fame
If you claim Jesus words are not for you, then that is your decision.

Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
LA

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Sell all you have-do it-"you claim Jesus words are not for you?"

Watch the ensuing deceptive "response".....Watch....

God's Truth

I preach obedience to Christ to get saved,and to stay saved, and for that, I get verbally abused and mistreated here.

God's Truth

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Sell all you have-do it-"you claim Jesus words are not for you?"

Watch the ensuing deceptive "response".....Watch....

Jesus didn't tell everyone to sell everything they owned.

God's Truth

Paul: Child of the devil...Whited wall...Ravenous wolves.....

Get saved, demon.

You are no apostle Paul, and you are not John the baptizer, the greatest man born besides Jesus, and you are no Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Paul: Child of the devil...Whited wall...Ravenous wolves.....

Get saved, demon.

John the baptizer said that to those who would NOT REPENT of their SINS.

Jesus said that to those who did not REPENT of their SINS.

Paul said that to those who attacked him for preaching repent of sins.

Derf

Is that not what you are doing?
(Criticizing me for criticizing another.)

If we are not to criticize those that preach a false gospel and twist scripture, then we may as well all shut up and just let the chips fall where they may.

And, no, I do not obey everything Jesus said to do.
Matthew 16 KJV​
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Do you?

I'm not criticizing you for criticizing another--that is expected of us to some degree, if we are to keep each other accountable. I'm suggesting that your criticism is misdirected and inconsistent, complaining about someone doing something that you yourself were doing.

But to GT's point, should we really criticize someone for following Jesus as Lord? Should we really criticize someone for wanting to find out what Jesus wants them to do and doing it? Maybe none of us figures out exactly what Jesus wants us to do, but the very act of searching is an act of submission to our Lord (two concepts--"lord" and "submission"--that seem to need each other and are the topic of this thread, I think), and I sure wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from doing that, would you?

By the way, thanks for a good response, without jeers and reviling. I need to be questioned just like most every body here at some point.

And do I do EVERYTHING Jesus said to do? No, as He said to his disciples, "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised". Which is a ridiculous thing for us. Or, "What you are about to do, do quickly", Which certainly is not applicable to everything we do.

But do we thereby ignore things like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", or "Love the Lord your God with all your heart...", or Matt 18:15? Context of His commands are as important now as they were then. We don't reject everything Jesus said, just because some things don't apply.

I don't remember GT saying that we need to "tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ." So if that's what you were thinking about her, then maybe we've cleared up some confusion. Praise the Lord!

Here's what GT said in a different thread:
That means he fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.
What does that mean?
That means that the shadow was gone in Christ.
That means that every old law, the purification/ceremonial works were about Jesus.
A shadow comes before a man when the light is behind the person.
In Jesus, there is no shadow, for Jesus is light.
We no longer obey the teaching tools, the shadow that was from Jesus, who was coming.​

There may be some disagreement as to what things still need to be obeyed, but surely you two are both coming from the same point of view and are straining at gnats compared to what we know--that Jesus died to save us from our sins, not so we can continue in them (Rom 6:2), nor be on the broad path the leads to destruction, but so that we can have life.

And maybe GT still has some things to learn from you. Will she learn those things better with reviling or with gentleness and respect (2 Tim 2:25). Not saying I'm that good at this, either--still much sanctification needed here.

Derf

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;
He did that because they treated God's temple as a den of thieves. And He was zealous for God's house and God's commandments. How are you treating God's temple and God's commandments with your reviling? You might want to refer to 1 Cor 3:16.

john w

Hall of Fame
He did that because they treated God's temple as a den of thieves. And He was zealous for God's house and God's commandments. How are you treating God's temple and God's commandments with your reviling? You might want to refer to 1 Cor 3:16.

Oh. As if I was asking you to interpret it? Sit-you are not in my league, and that bong has caused you to miss devil child GT's "verbal abuse" argument.

john w

Hall of Fame
John the baptizer said that to those who would NOT REPENT of their SINS.

Jesus said that to those who did not REPENT of their SINS.

Paul said that to those who attacked him for preaching repent of sins.

The Lord Jesus Christ, Paul, John the B, Peter used " verbal abuse" to those that were vipers, serpents, devils, whited walls, children of the devil, ravenous wolves, dogs-you.