ECT Lk 4 on Is 61: there is one Gospel it was was all moving toward

SaulToPaul 2

The only thing, that I know of, that I have in common with Acts 28 is that I believe something changed in Acts 28. That's all.

DAN P

There are other things that happen in the OT and maybe NT that are good news, but when I am trying to assert that there is one, it is in this Isaianic sense. There is just one that it was all moving toward.

Those who have no sense of the shadow-to-reality progression of the Bible are simply not going to understand that it was meant to get to one Gospel at the 'fulfillment of the ages.' Isaiah was therefore not picking one of many but saying that in the Messianic age, it would be preached like this. It was.

Hi and , Isa 61 is important , BUT Isa 6:6-13 and Luke 13:6=9 , shows that the 1P 1P of Israel is to pass AWAY to be replaced be the 1P 1P od Dispensationalism , by Paul Acts 20:24 !!

dan p

Interplanner

DanP,
the purpose for using that acronmym was because it was by definition enduring through the whole Bible (the Ps were enduring). It makes no sense in the conversation to switch that part way through and talk about other things.

Danoh

You and I have gone back and forth on what some of those are. Throughout various posts over in the so called MAD forum.

But anyway, contrary to Nick's ever predicatable beligerence in his ignorance given his impatience and its' resulting ever poor analytical skills and sloppy reading of things; I gave you a link to all that, over in Musti's Hank Hanagraf thread.

This link...

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/acts-9-28-hybrid-theology/

Danoh

This is Isainic:

66 chapters

Holy Bible:

66 books

The word Isaianic, not Isainic :chuckle:

And Isaiah would have have taken issue with Paul.

At least at first.

Isaiah...

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Paul...

2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

And ten to one you and I hold a different understanding of why Paul quoted that "Isaian" passage.

Personally, bro, I continue to find our different understandings a fascinating study of how people arrive at their views, in itself.

I really see no problem in comparing different understandings with others.

That most of your group on here are ever so easily hostile towards anyone outside you and yours who does not hold your views and or disagrees with said views, speaks very poorly of your group to ALL on TOL.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That most of your group on here are ever so easily hostile towards anyone outside you and yours who does not hold your views and or disagrees with said views, speaks very poorly of your group to ALL on TOL.
:rotfl:
Paranoia of the mysterious CLUB that you made up so you could have a strawman to place blame on and be hostile towards when they do not agree with you.
And for some crazy reason you think it is a reasonable thing to do.

northwye

So for on this thread the Christian Zionists have been using the Marxist version of the dialectic, without knowing what the dialectic was in ancient Greek philosophy, what it was in Hegel, how Marx made it a central part of his system to wreck Western culture, and how the American social psychologists in the Group Dynamics movement and the shrinks of the Encounter Group movement made it into an attitude and belief changing procedure. The byte speak of the Christian Zionists on TOL is still another variation of that old Greek διαλεκτική - within dialogue as a way of making arguments and counter-arguments, which was popularized by Plato in the Socratic dialogues.

The Marxist version of the dialectic is a way of using the διαλεκτική without the use of facts or anything which tends to be enduring to win an argument or appear to do so, in order to tear down gradually a major foundation of the Western Culture based upon Christianity and the family so that a Marxist totalitarian world government can come to exist along with a collectivist society.

Truster

There are other things that happen in the OT and maybe NT that are good news, but when I am trying to assert that there is one, it is in this Isaianic sense. There is just one that it was all moving toward.

Those who have no sense of the shadow-to-reality progression of the Bible are simply not going to understand that it was meant to get to one Gospel at the 'fulfillment of the ages.' Isaiah was therefore not picking one of many but saying that in the Messianic age, it would be preached like this. It was.

The term Evangel means Message from El. There was one message given to Adam and that message has been passed down. Many devices were set to corrupt the Message/Evang'El, but it is always revealed to His heirs. The message is a unilateral, unconditional promise/pre-evangel from Elohim to save His people based on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone. This pre-evangel leading to the evangelism is never thwarted and is known by the children of His kingdom and them alone.

northwye

As used by the Christian Zionists on TOL their Byte Speak dialectic is not very effective as an evangelical appeal to make converts to Christian Zionism. It is used more as a way of reinforcing a particular version of Christian Zionism among the faithful. I doubt that few who are led to this dialogue by the search engines of the Internet would be convinced by the Christian Zionist TOL byte speak dialectic to convert to Christian Zionism if they are not already in that theology. Its not really much about the controversy of Zion"- Isaiah 34:8 - but more about how to make a quarrel.

Jerry Shugart

That makes no sense because the "good news" which we are to preach today is described as a mystery, the "hidden wisdom":

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Cor.2:7-8).​

According to your idea the gospel which declares that believers are redeemed by the precious blood of the Lamb is found in the OT Scriptures for all to see!

Do you not know what the word "hidden" means?

dodge

That makes no sense because the "good news" which we are to preach today is described as a mystery, the "hidden wisdom":

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Cor.2:7-8).​

According to your idea the gospel which declares that believers are redeemed by the precious blood of the Lamb is found in the OT Scriptures for all to see!

Do you not know what the word "hidden" means?

Guess you have never read Isaiah 53:1-12 nor Psalms 22:1-31.

Jerry Shugart

Guess you have never read Isaiah 53:1-12 nor Psalms 22:1-31.

I guess you are another one who does not know the meaning of the word "hidden."

Show me in the verses which you cited that says that believers are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus.

dodge

I guess you are another one who does not know the meaning of the word "hidden."

Show me in the verses which you cited that says that believers are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus.

Jerry, it was there in the OT and to deny that makes you blind ! God hid the meaning for a time but it is right there in Isaiah 53:1-12 and Psalms 22:1-31. You deny what you see and can read and that is absolutely refusal on your part to accept what is available to you ! Ignoring what you can read and "see" right in front of you just means scripture , God's word, exposes what you believe to be a lie.

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His gstripes 4we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord 5has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, it was there in the OT and to deny that makes you blind !

No, I am not blind. You refuse to address the fact that Paul refers to what he was preaching as the "hidden" wisdom of God. Can you not understand that the gospel which Paul preached was hidden and therefore not revealed in the OT?:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith "
(Ro.16:25-26).​

God hid the meaning for a time but it is right there in Isaiah 53:1-12 and Psalms 22:1-31.

If it was revealed in OT times then why does Paul say that the gospel of grace was just then being revealed?:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

Where in the OT do we see the truth that the righteousness of God will be imputed to believers and it is made possible by the fact that believers are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus? Where in the OT can we find the following truth?:

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:20-21).​

There were many verses in the OT which speak of the sufferings of Christ but the OT will be searched in vain for any place which put all of the things concerning the gospel of grace together into one unified message.

Interplanner

No, I am not blind. You refuse to address the fact that Paul refers to what he was preaching as the "hidden" wisdom of God. Can you not understand that the gospel which Paul preached was hidden and therefore not revealed in the OT?:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith "
(Ro.16:25-26).​

If it was revealed in OT times then why does Paul say that the gospel of grace was just then being revealed?:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

Where in the OT do we see the truth that the righteousness of God will be imputed to believers and it is made possible by the fact that believers are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus? Where in the OT can we find the following truth?:

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:20-21).​

There were many verses in the OT which speak of the sufferings of Christ but the OT will be searched in vain for any place which put all of the things concerning the gospel of grace together into one unified message.

Justification is the grace of God Jerry. It's in Genesis, Ps 32, Isaiah 53 (My servant will justify many) and Dan 9, to mention a few. Pretty badly done.

Interplanner

The murderous and adulterous king of Israel David, was given the gift of Ps 32 about justification. That is why he also wrote 16 about the enthronement of the King/Lord Christ who was perfectly righteous on his behalf. So all we hear about in Romans about David is that he wrote/knew Ps 32.

Interplanner

Where in the OT do we read that all who believe will receive the righteousness which is of God?

Great question because now you may realize why Abraham is the 'father of us all' no matter what race.

You are actually asking: how can you see that in the OT? Well, we find out in the NT that there was a veiled reading or a 'kata sarka' reading of it, don't we? But now we read it in Christ!

So the counter questions to you are: when do you exist and when are you reading the OT passage? Are we supposed to read the bible with the full knowledge of the NT as revealed? Wasn't there a guy who came and changed all of life and was crucified for our sins, who often said 'the time is coming, and now is...'?