Living by God's Law

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you interpret a change of law as a change of law from the Old Covenant Law to New Covenant law? Do you accept instruction from God and Jesus as to how you are to follow Him? Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ?

Does the following verse refer to new covenant law or something else?

Hebrews 7:12 NASB - 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant, it is not a new set of laws.

Jesus is the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.

I don't need instructions from God or Jesus. The Spirit is my guide, not the law. If you need written instructions or the law then you are an unsaved sinner, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

Have to go, will return later.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ is the New Covenant, it is not a new set of laws.

Jesus is the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.

I don't need instructions from God or Jesus. The Spirit is my guide, not the law. If you need written instructions or the law then you are an unsaved sinner, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.
If you do not obey God and you do not obey Jesus are you saved?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If a person lives by God's Law they do well, though no one is saved by doing so.

God wants us to obey His commands. If you obey God you do well. All I need to say here about salvation is that no one is saved by (doing good) works.

God is glorified when we obey Him. Many will see the good you do and repent to be saved.

If you obey God's commands but you are still not saved, you need Jesus (Yeshua). Obeying God's commands does not save you. Jesus does. But obeying God's commands is what we need to do. Those who are saved do obey God. Jesus is my Lord. I should be obedient to Him in all that I do. If I do not do what Jesus wants me to do something is wrong.

Robert Pate

Banned
If a person lives by God's Law they do well, though no one is saved by doing so.

God wants us to obey His commands. If you obey God you do well. All I need to say here about salvation is that no one is saved by (doing good) works.

God is glorified when we obey Him. Many will see the good you do and repent to be saved.

If you obey God's commands but you are still not saved, you need Jesus (Yeshua). Obeying God's commands does not save you. Jesus does. But obeying God's commands is what we need to do. Those who are saved do obey God. Jesus is my Lord. I should be obedient to Him in all that I do. If I do not do what Jesus wants me to do something is wrong.

Do you really need to be told how to live?

Tell me that you don't know right from wrong and you need written instructions as a way of life.

The law has been replaced with the Holy Spirit.

You said, "I should be obedient to him in all that I do". You have got to be kidding. Paul says that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23. You are not able to please God by keeping the commandments. You need to accept the fact that your very best is still sin.

You are trying to be justified by works.

beloved57

Did Christ Live by Gods Law and Obey Him ?

Interplanner

Obeying God means living in grace apart from the law of Moses.
The letter kills but the spirit gives life.

But there are ethical things that are still in effect. Just not ceremonial and dietary-due-to-ceremonial. There are commands about pagan things that are no longer in existence, so then a person has to bring that up to date and see what matters today.

Grace is not lawless, but is about what makes us willing and whether we are willingly and freely obeying, not under self-compulsion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you really need to be told how to live?

Tell me that you don't know right from wrong and you need written instructions as a way of life.

The law has been replaced with the Holy Spirit.

You said, "I should be obedient to him in all that I do". You have got to be kidding. Paul says that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23. You are not able to please God by keeping the commandments. You need to accept the fact that your very best is still sin.

You are trying to be justified by works.
I am saved, and as such I am to obey my Lord, Jesus.

Zeke

Whatever your walk in life it makes sense to live according to God's Law. What are your thoughts about this? What does living according to God's Law look like? What does it look like for you, if anything?

What does the Bible say about living according to God's Law, if anything?

While Divine youths we are taught by the letter/milk until we are able to consume the meat of the message, Once the weaning process begins 2Cor 3:6 by revelation Galatians 1:12 within Luke 17:20-21 is a variable time period depending on the thickness of the calcium deposits place there by a steady partaking of the letter that killeth the spiritual meat written on the heart 1Cor 13:1-13, 9:22 of the message.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
While Divine youths we are taught by the letter/milk until we are able to consume the meat of the message, Once the weaning process begins 2Cor 3:6 by revelation Galatians 1:12 within Luke 17:20-21 is a variable time period depending on the thickness of the calcium deposits place there by a steady partaking of the letter that killeth the spiritual meat written on the heart 1Cor 13:1-13, 9:22 of the message.
I disagree with you. Your approach to scripture is wrong. When a person lives by the law that means they are obeying God's commands found in the law. It means they do not transgress God's commands. When a person lives by the Spirit of God it may mean that they do not transgress God's law and therefore are they found doing God's commands found in the law of the old covenant or otherwise? Do you know? :) My hope is that you can learn the truth from the scripture you quote.

If you live by faith, being born again by the Spirit of God, that means that you were a sinner and God has saved you. Obedience to God's law, whether in the old covenant or the new, involves doing what is right in God's sight. No one is perfect means everyone needs to be saved. If you are saved it means you now obey (out of gratitude for salvation) because God has made it possible for you, where once you only had your best efforts.