lets talk about hypocrisy of religion, mainly about christian community

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiecrna

Nope, because Jesus tells us to "go therefore, make disciples of all nations...Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

If we don't obey Him ourselves how can we teach anyone?

This doesn't have anything to do with what 6days said.

We obey God. But how we treat and speak to others is huge. That can be the result of opening someone's heart to the possibility of Jesus , or closing the door and speaking ill about Jesus to others.

We are the hands and feet of God. We have a responsibility to do his work, and do it well. We want to spread the love of God. We want to plant seeds in their minds about the amazingness of God. And God will cause that seed to grow. We plant seeds by how we speak and how we act and how we treat each other. If someone sees a Christian person being mean and hateful, an onlooker will say man I don't want anything to do with that! But if we are the light and salt of the earth, and we are happy, and kind and live Godly lives that make us stand out from the rest, people will say... why is that girl always so happy? She always seems to have a good attitude. I want to know more about her. Then that's the perfect opportunity to speak about Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes but I am a sinner. I am not perfect.

I am a sinner too, but I speak against organizations who are misrepresenting Jesus to the world. And I know what Jesus teaches.

We have responsibility to spread Jesus with the whole truth.

Why do you keep eyes off of evil deeds at Jesus' expense?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I defend those godly Christians. They are presenting Jesus with their godly fruit.

Jesus does not approve of lip servers who do not honor Jesus' noble teachings.

katiecrna

I am a sinner too, but I speak against organizations who are misrepresenting Jesus to the world. And I know what Jesus teaches.

We have responsibility to spread Jesus with the whole truth.

Why do you keep eyes off of evil deeds at Jesus' expense?

Why do you follow Jesus? Why do you obey him? Is it because you were raised that way? Did someone preach to you and that's how you learned about Jesus?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why do you follow Jesus? Why do you obey him? Is it because you were raised that way? Did someone preach to you and that's how you learned about Jesus?

I follow Jesus because His teachings are so pure and just. He taught me true love.

why do you ask?

katiecrna

I follow Jesus because His teachings are so pure and just. He taught me true love.

why do you ask?

I am curious. I like to learn how people come to know Jesus. I think it's important. Were you raised by Christian parents? Who first told you about Jesus?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am curious. I like to learn how people come to know Jesus. I think it's important. Were you raised by Christian parents? Who first told you about Jesus?

I will PM you. I don't want to give another way to make this thread muddy.

thanks.

glorydaz

The way we even speak to each other is not nice. I mean... look at this forum. We should be supporting and encouraging one another.

How we speak to one another on this forum and how we treat one another is a perfect example of why they think we are hypocritical.

So, we're to speak "nice" to a wolf who comes into our midst wearing sheep's clothing?

We're to sit quietly while they pervert the Word of God?

We're to overlook the white paint on the outside and overlook the darkness within?

It's those who appear beautiful on the outside you need to be wary of.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, we're to speak "nice" to a wolf who comes into our midst wearing sheep's clothing?

We're to sit quietly while they pervert the Word of God?

We're to overlook the white paint on the outside and overlook the darkness within?

It's those who appear beautiful on the outside you need to be wary of.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.​

Who told you that?

and just what word have they perverted exactly?

LA

CherubRam

[FONT="]If you are not a grafted Branch into Israel, then you are not a Christian.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]God’s Sovereign Choice[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT="]Romans 9.[/FONT]

[FONT="]6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. [B]For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.[/B] 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="http://redirect.viglink.com?key=bbb516d91daee20498798694a42dd559&u=https%3A/biblia.com/bible/niv/Eph%25202.12"]Ephesians 2:12[/URL][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.[/FONT]
An additional comment.

Hosea 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘children of the living God.’

Hosea 2:23
I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’ I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’; and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

Romans 9:25
As he says in Hosea: “I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people; and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”

Romans 9:26
and, “In the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’”

Status
Not open for further replies.