Left calling for impeachment of Judge who declined to marry lesbians

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Left calling for impeachment of Judge who declined to marry lesbians

If this had been a minister who had refused to marry a lesbian couple, the OP would have had a case.

This is a judge, however, who doesn't get to pick and choose which laws he wishes to enforce and those he chooses to ignore.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Sounds like the left is getting mired up in judicial fairness. A personal opinion of either a judge or an attorney needs to be put out in the open and acted upon.

There is nothing wrong with inserting one's own ideas into the legal system and giving them the mandate of democratic law.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Regardless of the fact that the lesbian couple were still awarded the ceremony, mainstream leftists like Glenn Greenwald believe McConnell should be impeached because he won’t violate his religious conscience.

Is them still getting married just a technicality though? What if someone else wouldn't have been available, would McConnell have refused anyway? Would your opinion change if someone else wasn't there?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I thought gays are nice enough not to ruin other peoples jobs and families. America isn't fully ready for that and gays want to ruin innocent others as quickly as possible. Thats how I lost respect for them while they have a right I care less about. America is changing but slaves and gays don't let it grow. Rights needs more time. But maybe we need to do things as quiclky as possible. While theres separation between church and state, there ought to be separation between church and atheists. The problem is the unbelievers wanting to be part of the church even though God hasnt chosen them. Total depravity is true and God picks His Elects.

TracerBullet

I thought gays are nice enough not to ruin other peoples jobs and families. America isn't fully ready for that and gays want to ruin innocent others as quickly as possible.

Maybe it is some form of karmic payback for decades of attacks on the jobs and families of gays.

PureX

A judge who won't uphold the law is unfit to be a judge. I don't see how else we can look at it.

GFR7

Is them still getting married just a technicality though? What if someone else wouldn't have been available, would McConnell have refused anyway? Would your opinion change if someone else wasn't there?
I'm not sure. He is in an official position, so despite his conscience, he probably must marry them. This is why the SCOTUS ruling was so massively important (I believe it should have gone the other way ). Could he refuse a couple getting a second marriage, if his conscience didn't approve? :idunno: