Left calling for impeachment of Judge who declined to marry lesbians

GFR7

The Left is already calling for the impeachment of Toledo Municipal Judge Allen McConnell who respectfully declined to marry a same-sex couple Monday.

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” he said per Reuters. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”

Another Ohio judge, William Connelly, Jr., stepped in and performed the gay-wedding for the two women.

Reuters also reports that McConnell is looking for direction on this issue from the Ohio Supreme Court.

Regardless of the fact that the lesbian couple were still awarded the ceremony, mainstream leftists like Glenn Greenwald believe McConnell should be impeached because he won’t violate his religious conscience.

As you’ll see below, Greenwald’s reasoning is based on bullying and force, not tolerance or even legal reasoning.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...o-marry-same-sex-couple-on-religious-grounds/

Jose Fly

At the very least, he should be removed from any official capacity that has anything to do with marriages.

What if he had been a Muslim who refused to marry a Jewish couple because of his religious beliefs?

GFR7

At the very least, he should be removed from any official capacity that has anything to do with marriages.

What if he had been a Muslim who refused to marry a Jewish couple because of his religious beliefs?
Point taken; I am unsure myself if someone in an official role has the same rights as a private businessperson to refuse to do their duty.

bybee

As a civil official he must follow the law.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

images
How rare--a just judge (Heb 13:4). :straight: Marriage is given to the world not just the Christian (Gen. 2:18–24). :dizzy:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Free to Believe Wallbuilders] "Freedom. It caused pilgrims to uproot and endure dangerous passage to the wild and unsettled land that was America. The promise of freedom from fear of government punishment or loss of livelihood is a hallmark of our nation. It's enshrined in the U.S. Constitution as our first freedom, and it's what makes America great...Read More."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
But still, I absolutely believe in the separation of Church and State.

Our founders believed we could not make it without a religious citizenry. Our experiment is coming to an end (Lk 17:26).

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

See:

Freedom Ribbon

Gay-Flag.png

Last edited:

JFish123

The left would have given the muslim a pass and hid the story on page 1,367, as they'd be too afraid to be labeled a bigot or racist against muslims... The left likes to call OTHER people that :)

Quetzal

The left likes to call OTHER people that :)
We do that because it's the other side who behaves in such a way. If you would get off your (dated) moral high horse and stop being such a closed minded jerk, we might forget about you.

bybee

We do that because it's the other side who behaves in such a way. If you would get off your (dated) moral high horse and stop being such a closed minded jerk, we might forget about you.

A person is known by the things that annoy him.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't aware that all city officals must perform gay marriages. That goes beyong christainity. I saw something on tv about some sort of protection thing like it protects the pastors that refuses to marry same sex. What was that?

bybee

A nice bumper sticker, but ultimately not quite there. We are known by many things, things that annoy us is but a small piece.

A portion of the picture is seen from each vantage point. Therefore it pays to avoid dogmatism.

JFish123

Left calling for impeachment of Judge who declined to marry lesbians

Riiiiight, it's only those who disagree with you that are rightfully called those things. I forgot how that worked :p lol