Law of Moses, Ordinances. What has been abolished?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe all persons should obey God’s commandments.

However, there are two errors that must be recognized & rejected:

LEGALISM: Attempt to work one’s own salvation by lawful obedience rather than trusting in Christ’s obedience alone.

ANTINOMIANISM: Declaring the saving grace of God gives one liberty to live without adherence to His eternal Laws.

Neither such practice reflects true Christianity.

With your definition I can say that I am a Christian.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God immediately gave lawful commands to Adam, revealing human responsibility and mortal accountability under which innocent man could live forever. The Law of God was good. Creation was good. Adam failing to obey God’s first lawful commands brought condemnation & death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When a person obeys commands or commandments of God, are there punishments? In other words, by one person obeying God, does there exist the possibility of punishment for others? Because don't we need to report when someone breaks the Law? If we are law abiding that is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God immediately gave lawful commands to Adam, revealing human responsibility and mortal accountability under which innocent man could live forever. The Law of God was good. Creation was good. Adam failing to obey God’s first lawful commands brought condemnation & death.

Was it a command or commandment or commands or commandments? To have a Law Code might be different than to have Instruction or Direction from, of, or by God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

I consider the Law of God to be synonymous with the will of God, which is the full expression of the attributes of God . . all as eternal as the Being of God.

Torah or Law means Instruction Direction Teaching Law. These are not all as eternal as the Being of God. However, having no end is different than there being no difference in how God sees things from time to time.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When a person obeys commands or commandments of God, are there punishments? In other words, by one person obeying God, does there exist the possibility of punishment for others? Because don't we need to report when someone breaks the Law? If we are law abiding that is?

Obedient Christians must know they are only functioning as they
were first created to live, and therefore gain no merit for fulfilling their creaturely moral duty in the eyes of God.

God alone will judge all disobedience. It is not our worry.

God sees all & will judge the heart motives & deeds of all who do not trust in the obedience of Jesus Christ & His righteous merits alone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
were first created to live, and therefore gain no merit for fulfilling their creaturely moral duty in the eyes of God.

God sees all & will judge the heart motives & deeds of all who do not trust in the obedience of Jesus Christ & His righteous merits alone.

Does wanting to make the right judgment count for anything? How about being called upon to judge?

Would this ever be in regard to a matter of Law?

For one on this site has pointed out,

"The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment".​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Was it a command or commandment or commands or commandments? To have a Law Code might be different than to have Instruction or Direction from, of, or by God.

The commands given to Adam were instructive & directional. They were not followed.

The same commands (Law) were later repeated, detailed, & legally codified when given to Moses. They still were not followed.

The results were also the same.

Death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 10:6 NASB - 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The commands given to Adam were instructive & directional. They were not followed.

The same commands (Law) were later repeated, detailed, & legally codified when given to Moses. They still were not followed.

The results were also the same.

Death.

Death as a punishment for sin or dying unto death as the result of sin?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

chair

The Law was not given to Gentiles, and it was never abolished. Christians have a difficult time with this because of the early history of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I do trust in the obedience of Jesus Christ and His righteous merits. But I also believe that God and Jesus want me to be obedient to their commands or commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law was not given to Gentiles, and it was never abolished. Christians have a difficult time with this because of the early history of Christianity.

chair!

Hi!

I often wear tzitzit and a kippah as a proselyte and a Christian. I have been told that I am not a Jew.

What early history of Christianity are you thinking of?

I understand that the Law was only given to us, Israel. But it includes the Gentiles. As God's Law, the Law of Moses can be found in the Laws of the Nations. In other words, we have laws against homosexuality and perjury etc... more than just the Ten Commandments in the United States of America.

What is the Gentile Offering that can be brought? Many quote the three annual feasts verse or scripture.