KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

Bradley D

Just keeping it to WWJD...for real...

Well Jesus told that "Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27). I often think of the police officers, fire fighters, hospital staff that work on the sabbath day. They are needed. Also Peter with his encounter with the centurian learned that the eating laws were abolished.

clefty

Well Jesus told that "Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).
yup we are to chose to accept a day off or rationalize a rejection of it...I have heard some clever ones in my life...

you should hear all the clever ones to dismiss His instruction that prayers be said NOT that lives were saved or even that the Temple was spared but that in future times of trouble that the Sabbath was still kept...as running for your life is not really resting...Matt 24:20

It is the ONLY commandment Yahushua instructs prayers for that its keeping continue well into the future...

I often think of the police officers, fire fighters, hospital staff that work on the sabbath day. They are needed.
yes this modern world has made many ditches for many oxen to fall into...few attempt to do all they can to keep theirs from falling in...

Also Peter with his encounter with the centurian learned that the eating laws were abolished.
did he? Funny that he translates the vision twice and neither time does he even mention it had anything to do about food...but that the unclean goyim were not...

Bradley D

yup we are to chose to accept a day off or rationalize a rejection of it...I have heard some clever ones in my life...

you should hear all the clever ones to dismiss His instruction that prayers be said NOT that lives were saved or even that the Temple was spared but that in future times of trouble that the Sabbath was still kept...as running for your life is not really resting...Matt 24:20

It is the ONLY commandment Yahushua instructs prayers for that its keeping continue well into the future...

yes this modern world has made many ditches for many oxen to fall into...few attempt to do all they can to keep theirs from falling in...

did he? Funny that he translates the vision twice and neither time does he even mention it had anything to do about food...but that the unclean goyim were not...

Before Peter went to see the centurian he had a vision of unclean food and being told to eat it.

clefty

Before Peter went to see the centurian he had a vision of unclean food and being told to eat it.

Funny that he translates the vision twice and neither time does he even mention it had anything to do about food...but that the unclean goyim were not...

clefty

"…Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” “No, Lord! Peter answered. I have never eaten anything impure or unclean. The voice spoke to him a second time: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (Acts 10:13-15).

And? Does Peter say ok hand me the Ham sandwiches? Nope.

Peter instead says:

Acts 1028 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

and then again:

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Pepperoni pizza and Ham sandwiches. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days to eat Catfish and cat soup..." LOL

No but seriously then Peter said this too:

Acts 11:

14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Peter said NOTHING there about eating bat cat rat or wombat...LOL

And later at the Jerusalem council again the issue of diet came up:

abstain from food polluted by idols-Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.' " To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.
from the meat of strangled animals-Leviticus 17:13,15 "Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.
and from blood-Leviticus 17:10 "Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."

http://www.fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

you really think they came up with these rules for gentiles on their own?

Nope...Yah had instructions for them when ALREADY there in the OT wilderness THIS ekklesia was full of those NOT of Jacob...and He the Head of the Body...Acts 7:38, 1 Cor 10:4

Remember the seventh day Sabbath? the ONLY commandment inclusive of these strangers within thy gates? Ex 20:10

Yup ONE law for NATIVE and foreigner THE SAME...

or do you think it was ok for them to serve Pig Roast for potluck fellowship after hearing Moses taught every Sabbath?

"but but but I made sure it wasn't offered to an idol and all the blood was drained" LOL

Bradley D

Talking about food sacrificed to idols.

"....would eat food sacrificed to idols...eat food sacrificed to idols." (Rev. 2:14/20).

clefty

Talking about food sacrificed to idols.

"....would eat food sacrificed to idols...eat food sacrificed to idols." (Rev. 2:14/20).

Yes as already referenced previously

Many interesting studies on sacrifices...

As sin offerings having never worked...lol

and for unintentional sins...

imagine that

taking accountability for things you didn’t even know ya dun

Last edited: